d.i.y CAI

Lupetto

*Alloy.

*Nope, I'm a fabricator :P

If you can cut things to size, mark out where the welds have to go with a nikko and take them to a muffler or radiator shop (not all will be able to weld alloy). It shouldn't cost you a lot just to get things welded, especially if all the prep work is done.

Get some pvc and joiners, connect everything together to you desired location.

Mark each join so that you know how everything goes back together if they fall apart.

Take it off the car and ask an exhaust shop to replicate it with a metal pipe.

Or just buy the metal bends + straight bits that you need and get silicon hoses + hose clamps and connect together

Cheers for the help guys

Last night got stuck into it,

Used a PVC piping and grabed the measurements for the MAS unit. After making the hole and cleaning it, I then whent to put the pipe in place to find out its actualy BIGER then the inlet Hose.

might have to see if i can get one of those brackets or joiners off from bunnings (home depo) Unless some one has a sugestion regarding it?

So far im thinking im goint to get the shape i want and the desired length done by PVC piping, Once ive made it and put in place (its going to be running under the car and then hand left or right with the pod filter...

Like the pic (pardon the ****ty pic :P but you get the general idea)

Ide see how it goes with the PVC piping if it works (it theres no probs wth it in the first 2 weeks) ill probly see if i can get an exuast shop to make it in Stainless Steel.

What do you think?

post-12563-1240980376_thumb.jpg

you can buy a small length of reinforced silicone hosing from autobarn, repco, etc. that can be clamped onto the intake to match the circumfrence

when you mount everything in place, make sure there's sufficient movement. do this by opening the throttle valve (push down on the pulley where the accelerator cable is) and see how much give there is in it. there's a possibility of having everything mounted too tight without any tolerance, and popping off the intake manifold.