Exhaust Mods

TOOGUD

Dear proud Kluger owners,

I went to Right Price Exhaust in Brisbane last week asking about some mods for a Kluger. Been told to get my extractors replaced to get better exhaust flow as the original one hinders a smooth flow. Also been told to replace the mufflers to get a better note but the extractors will give quite abit of added "oomph" to the performance. Will anyone be able to tell me if it would be justifiable to spend around $1k for those listed items? Any comments will be appreciated.. Cheers :D

Cheers Mate.. I will also want to give it a go and see what the end result is.. however I am abit concern with voiding the warranty for the car as I have purchased extra 3 years of warranty on top of what Toyota provides.. I have asked a few mates and they say it would be dependant of whether the fault is caused by the aftermarket headers and it all depends on the dealer to honour the warranty.. Should I take the big risk?? :(

Yeah, warranty concerns are what has stopped me from messing with the exhaust at all.... someone has to take the plunge sooner or later!

I will be considering but that will definitely push Toyota to still honour the warranty bit.

If you're replacing extractors, do the whole system at once. It's a bigger initial cost, but can save issues and money down the track - if I had done my whole exhaust at the same time, I would have saved around $200. Then again, I should have waited 6 months and I could have done it where I work now for free :P

• 2 weeks later...
very impressive graphing,so the kluncker is coming in at 170awkw.not too bad at all,shame its so heavy damn it :lol:

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=...t%3D21%26um%3D1

This is the last post for my Toyota but I though some would appreciate this link!

Bloke put a Kluger motor in his MR2 running stock ECU etc and measured 276rwhp on a dynojet...... this means my power measure is pretty good (as I am getting 222rwhp to 228rwhp) through my 4wd system with stock exhaust etc. :lol:May have to do full exhaust on the KLUGER!!! :lol:

Dear Folks.. I've finally succumbed to my temptations and also the influence of my mate to change my mufflers.. Went to dear ole Rob Bliss Exhaust and they put on a straight thru sports muffler, did a little cut out on the rear bumper bit so as to fit the tips nicely.. overall its tastefully done and at least the tips doesn't look that fagged.. lol.. IMHO the muffler actually adds a nice note to our little V6 and when I plant my foot down when accelerating, it actually "growls" like a Jaguar XKR.. lol.. alrite that's alittle exaggerating I know.. lol.. oh well all in all it was done well.. oh almost forgot, they removed the rear resonator to increase alittle volume to the muffler.. FYI, our 2 & 1/4 inch cat back is already mandrel bent for smoother flow.. not bad for a Toyota.. lol.. :clap:

Will post pics soon..

Edited by TOOGUD

***** you almost freaked me out with your instantaneous reply there mate.. lol.. I wasn't expecting anyone to respond to my post that early in the morning.. lol.. :lol:

yeah I'll bring it out on Thurs since my gf has wasted my effort washin the tank by drivin out in the rain yesterday.. dammit.. :D Wet weather program this Thurs I reckon.. So mate.. I see you've done quite abit to your car.. lol.. must hav spent quite a bit ya.. lol..

Dear Folks.. I've finally succumbed to my temptations and also the influence of my mate to change my mufflers.. Went to dear ole Rob Bliss Exhaust and they put on a straight thru sports muffler, did a little cut out on the rear bumper bit so as to fit the tips nicely.. overall its tastefully done and at least the tips doesn't look that fagged.. lol.. IMHO the muffler actually adds a nice note to our little V6 and when I plant my foot down when accelerating, it actually "growls" like a Jaguar XR6.. lol.. alrite that's alittle exaggerating I know.. lol.. oh well all in all it was done well.. oh almost forgot, they removed the rear resonator to increase alittle volume to the muffler.. FYI, our 2 & 1/4 inch cat back is already mandrel bent for smoother flow.. not bad for a Toyota.. lol.. :clap:

Will post pics soon..

Good to hear mate - looking forward to those pics. do you notice any difference in acceleration or economy?

Dear Folks.. I've finally succumbed to my temptations and also the influence of my mate to change my mufflers..

Just couldn't hold out any longer :lol:

Wise choice. The 2GR deserves a little bit of a note to it.

WRT performance, I think I'm getting more high end torque and also it feels like it wants to unleash itself and ready for more action which I will have to subdue my foot in order not to cop a fine.. lol.. With fuel, I have yet to refill so I won't be able to comment on that.. Only time will tell.. ;)

u want some good sound from ur 2GR...get an short ram intake.....mmmm induction, u cant even hear the exhast over the intake at high revs...so good!!!

Edited by ELEGNT

hmm that's going to be a major jump from my initial plans, which is keep the car as stock as possible.. lol.. n I'm not certain if the induction will void the factory warranty as I've purchased extended warranty from Toyota.. ouch..

damn i'm losing so much traction in this wet weather.. wonder if there is more power to the wheels which causes it to lose traction more easily now.. bugger..

Edited by TOOGUD

• 2 months later...

sure thing Freddie.. I will try not to be lazy.. I've been wanting to post a pic of the small sub-woofer which is in my car n still haven got my lazy fat bum around it yet.. I need to lose weight :P

BTW your new wheels look wicked Fredo. Does the 22's mess around with your odometer in terms of accuracy on dist ravelled? Was planning to put those as well or juz 20's..