ZRE Injen CAI

funny how thread clean ups only occur when there aimed at mods or mod associates?

;) better start getting used to threads being cleaned up.. none of the ZRE owners here need your corky image or comments..

explain to me exactly why you deleted those posts again? they were'nt offensive in any way, just a bit of fun, which leads me to believe that your just defending your self and your w.a mates. :P :P

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funny how thread clean ups only occur when there aimed at mods or mod associates?

;) better start getting used to threads being cleaned up.. none of the ZRE owners here need your corky image or comments..

explain to me exactly why you deleted those posts again? they were'nt offensive in any way, just a bit of fun, which leads me to believe that your just defending your self and your w.a mates. :P :P

I am sure people that are after a ZRE CAI wouldnt appreciate your "fun" pics in the middle of their quest for information, and since you didnt take the time to explain to me the meaning of your picture in the first place, I believe I do not owe you an explanation for doing my job :)

If you are unhappy with the decision you can report my post :)

Hey CHA54 that was the 1st tym hes made 1!!! I guess PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT RIGHT??? He'll get there 1 day... Where abouts u from??? If u wouldve told ppl that u could make up a CAI i wouldve came to u...LOL!

TIG welding is easy though, stainless is the easiest metal of all to weld! Once you have the technique, that's it - there's no "Oh but it's the first intake he's made". If he knew how to TIG properly, there is no 'excuse' for sloppy welds.

Now, if anybody is in Brisbane I'm more than happy to spend some time making an intake for somebody - can't mass produce them but can knock one-offs up. I have done one for Rowan (our time schedules never worked out, hence why it took so long) and done other bits for other members.

EDIT: Meh, pointless starting down this tangent again.

WAKE UP BUDDy!!! U cant pick up a welder n be a gunn at it STR8 AWAY!! PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT!!

Every1s been askin for a CAI n now u wana add UR 5 CENTS by telling every1 ur WILLING TO MAKE A ONE OFF INTAKE... WHY NOW??? WHY NOT A YR n a HALF AGO???

Basically any workshop can easily make a custom one-off intake pipe. I know for the sydney guys I've recommended Linden at Roadrunner Fabrications a few times on here now. People seem to be scared off by the thought of a custom intake though and want something "off the shelf"

Hey CHA54 that was the 1st tym hes made 1!!! I guess PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT RIGHT??? He'll get there 1 day... Where abouts u from??? If u wouldve told ppl that u could make up a CAI i wouldve came to u...LOL!

TIG welding is easy though, stainless is the easiest metal of all to weld! Once you have the technique, that's it - there's no "Oh but it's the first intake he's made". If he knew how to TIG properly, there is no 'excuse' for sloppy welds.

Now, if anybody is in Brisbane I'm more than happy to spend some time making an intake for somebody - can't mass produce them but can knock one-offs up. I have done one for Rowan (our time schedules never worked out, hence why it took so long) and done other bits for other members.

WAKE UP BUDDy!!! U cant pick up a welder n be a gunn at it STR8 AWAY!! PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT!!

Every1s been askin for a CAI n now u wana add UR 5 CENTS by telling every1 ur WILLING TO MAKE A ONE OFF INTAKE... WHY NOW??? WHY NOT A YR n a HALF AGO???

I never said you could ;) Isn't he a fabricator of some sort though? I don't exactly know why you're raging at me for offering to help people... Hell, last intake I made I charged in total (minus HPC coating) less than what postage would be for an intake from the states or Japan. But you know, if you don't WANT my help...

Edited by the_random_hero

I am sure people that are after a ZRE CAI wouldnt appreciate your "fun" pics in the middle of their quest for information, and since you didnt take the time to explain to me the meaning of your picture in the first place, I believe I do not owe you an explanation for doing my job :)

If you are unhappy with the decision you can report my post :)

thx for confirming my suspicions............ <_<

I never said you could ;) Isn't he a fabricator of some sort though? I don't exactly know why you're raging at me for offering to help people... Hell, last intake I made I charged in total (minus HPC coating) less than what postage would be for an intake from the states or Japan. But you know, if you don't WANT my help...

Nah he aint a FABRICATOR hes a 4th yr hydraulic mechanic... I was offering ppl sum help wit a CAI for ZREs but other ppl seem to HATE...

Ive already got one so im happy!!!

• 11 months later...

Hi everyone,

So I'm bringing this thread back up as I've had some contact from Injen's R&D. I've noted that some ZRE152 owners here are currently using Injen's SP2079 CAI. As it currently fits the ZRE152 they could retune the intake for the Japan and European models. They need a dyno graph with Air/fuel ratio, I assume they would also need any additional modifications done to the car.

I just wanted to know if anyone was interested?

I'm a little dissapointed that an intake specifically designed for the ZRE152 isn't around. I'm aware that CES had a design that was never tested unfortunately.

John

Edited by jtron

Hi everyone,

So I'm bringing this thread back up as I've had some contact from Injen's R&D. I've noted that some ZRE152 owners here are currently using Injen's SP2079 CAI. As it currently fits the ZRE152 they could retune the intake for the Japan and European models. They need a dyno graph with Air/fuel ratio, I assume they would also need any additional modifications done to the car.

I just wanted to know if anyone was interested?

I'm a little dissapointed that an intake specifically designed for the ZRE152 isn't around. I'm aware that CES had a design that was never tested unfortunately.

John

Hey John i just spoke to someone from CES they are still willing to put together a package but require a few testers, they are willing to do it as a custom job. Unfortunately I live in Sydney so it is out of question. However if there is anyone from Qld that is willing to take the plunge it will benefit all ZRE owners. Perhaps once this gets going a group by would be in order. Current part from Injen sounds ok and looks good, but soo many people having problems with the check engine light.

Any news from anyone would be great, I'm super keen to get one, but as i said i'm from Sydney.

Cheers

Chris

If your all after a CAI, why don't you just make a giant hole in your current air filter box, put a pipe to near the wheel arch, and just put some towels in, so it filters it :) easy job + it's near free.

Towels not included.

If your all after a CAI, why don't you just make a giant hole in your current air filter box, put a pipe to near the wheel arch, and just put some towels in, so it filters it :) easy job + it's near free.

Towels not included.

a dur hur