Anyone running Kings Low/Super Low combo got pics?

Hey guys, so the other day I got a set of superlows for the rear and Im still tossing up wether going low/superlows or superlows all round...

So yeah has anyone got some big and clear pics of the car side on at all?

Cheers

Luke

anyone have photos with 15" 16" & 18" wheels

would having this setup on 15"s scrape even more? my guess is yes.. just want to confirm :unsure::blink:

EDIT: apologies for hijacking thread :ph34r:

would having this setup on 15"s scrape even more? my guess is yes.. just want to confirm :unsure::blink:

why do you say that?

the tyre you put on the rim, would have to equate to the standard rolling size... so unless you choose the wrong tyre for the rim, you wont experience any less or more scraping (height wise) than if you were on stockies. (16" as in my 1st pics)

why do you say that?

the tyre you put on the rim, would have to equate to the standard rolling size... so unless you choose the wrong tyre for the rim, you wont experience any less or more scraping (height wise) than if you were on stockies. (16" as in my 1st pics)

However, going up in rim size sometimes also means wider tires. So if you lower it and get no scrubbing with stock, if you go larger and wider, you may then get some scrubbing.

Edit: I read everything wrong. Please disregard. I mixed scraping with scrubbing.

when upgrading the size of your rim, you have to go a lower profile to keep the diamater of the tyre the same, if not you will throw the speedo out of wack, and possibly scrape..

this pic is 205/45R17, soon to be lowered on Lows !

post-12108-1241086106_thumb.jpg

Edited by 123R-Prozak

my question was in regards to 'scraping over speed humps, elevated driveways etc

i forgot about wheel scrubbing with the 15"s.. but don't think that would be an issue because of the offset..?? :huh:

Oh okay, Andy is that first pic supers all round?

haha, nah thats just Andy droppin 22 bags of cement in the car :P jks LOL :lol:

i am running lows all round, and i have found its much better then lows/superlows... only cause i seem to have more 'control'.

Hope this doesn't turn into another one of those debates :o

Evo

i am running lows all round, and i have found its much better then lows/superlows... only cause i seem to have more 'control'.

Evo

Evo... mate i know what you mean.. i really prefer this setup with all round Lows.

Evo

Evo... mate i know what you mean.. i really prefer this setup with all round Lows.

i see how you had your s/low springs for sale, would it be fair to assume that you have lows all round now?

so it handles better then the low / superlow combo?

Hi Kenneth.

yup thats right, Lows al round now.

I think its better personally.. and its sitting only about 10mm higher at the reat... but it seems to ride the bumps better. Not as "sloppy" at the back as it was on the S/Lows.

the spring on the Lows is about 1mm thicker than the S/Lows.... giving it a better feel.

Hi Kenneth.

I think its better personally.. and its sitting only about 10mm higher at the reat... but it seems to ride the bumps better. Not as "sloppy" at the back as it was on the S/Lows.

the spring on the Lows is about 1mm thicker than the S/Lows.... giving it a better feel.

BKS,

Ah, I always wanted to move out of the low all round as the rear sits pretty high for me and i thought it'd handle better and all, I guess now that you have tried both and happy with low all round :) i will stick to it..

Btw, i think you can expect the spring to sag so the rear mite sit that little lower... :)

Hi Kenneth.

BKS,

Ah, I always wanted to move out of the low all round as the rear sits pretty high for me and i thought it'd handle better and all, I guess now that you have tried both and happy with low all round :) i will stick to it..

Btw, i think you can expect the spring to sag so the rear mite sit that little lower... :)

yeah its weird.. i know SB and a few others rave that the S/Low and Low combo is the best... but for me, i much prefer the stiffer rear spring at the back. Sure the Super Low at the back makes the car look more balanced... but dynamically, i am not so sure. it feels a lot more planted and the front seems to hold better with the sprung weight just a smidge further forward.

just my experience.

Hi Kenneth.

BKS,

yeah its weird.. i know SB and a few others rave that the S/Low and Low combo is the best... but for me, i much prefer the stiffer rear spring at the back. Sure the Super Low at the back makes the car look more balanced... but dynamically, i am not so sure. it feels a lot more planted and the front seems to hold better with the sprung weight just a smidge further forward.

just my experience.

got the rear sway bars and all? for me the sway bar made a huge difference but i guess you either go for looks or for performance.. unless you get into the coils..

Hi Kenneth.

BKS,

just my experience.

got the rear sway bars and all? for me the sway bar made a huge difference but i guess you either go for looks or for performance.. unless you get into the coils..

yeah i am running a rear sway too...

the looks is one thing.. but saying the only way to get the performance is to get coils is not entirely true. Sure you get GREAT flexibility by being able to adjust the height and the damper settings... but really how many times do you think you'd adjust the height on your suspension. in the 1 year that i have owned my car.. the height.. at the rear only has changed.. once. if you want the damper controll i reckon the next best thing is to get Koni adjustabels.

a few of my mates in Rolla Club have them and swear by them... their cars handle beautifully.

but back on King Springs... i really wanted to try the Lows all round for a while now... and i am glad i did.