Considering the Aurion Touring 2009

Hello all

I am a soon to be Aurion owner. The wife really likes the drive and we feel that we are ready to buy very soon. We have just seen the new sale on the toyota website. $33,990 Driveaway plus metallic paint $400 extra

Just wanted to know if that is a fair price? What do you think the dealers will sell for? I just want to make sure that I don't get ripped off.

The forum has been a wealth of information

Looking forward to joining the ranks soon!

Cheers

i SAW ON THE TELLY TONIGHT THAT ...oops... new car sales compared to last year were down by close to 25%.

Haggle hard, get as many extras as you can squeeze out of them, don't accept pittance for a trade.

Colour? Blue looks good, as does black, but with water restrictions they're difficult to maintain as a shiney new vehicle. Swirls will eat at you when you see them.

Do they still offer the $120 service plan for the warranty period?

Edited by boxerboy

Not sure with today's price but...from my experience and what i know, u can get @ a lower price than the RRP as advertised and u might want to squeeze out evry single extra that u could get. Compete them w/ other dealer.. Say to them other dealer offered you at this price bla bla bla...

Colour: White

ring as many dealers as you can,work on price,as stated its a buyers market at the moment so get all ya extras included in price.

colors i would go for Silver(metallic) or White ,classic colors and not to hard to keep clean and swirl free :D

Hi all

Thanks for the advice. Another question, anyone try a car broker? It was recommended to me from a co-worker as he said they can normally get a better deal for you.

I think the aurion looks really good in black but not experienced with the swirls…

They still offer the maintenance cap but it is $130 for the first 4 services for 2009 models which would take you to 60000km.

Cheers

You could also try "Union Shopper" if you are a union member.

If it was me, seeing the way prices are at the moment, I'd be aiming for a drive away price of $30k if not less.

Also, try local dealers to see if anyone has one in stock in the colour/s you want. Dealers seem to be even keener to do a good deal on cars if it's sitting in their yard.

Got a quote from the local car broker for $33200 drive-away for 2009 black touring. What do you think of that? I thought they were suppose to get you the best deal so unless there is not much room to move, I think this offer is too high. Needless to say I have turned it down.

I guess I will try the old fashioned way.

Cheers

Don't be in a hurry. Wait until the end of financial year sales....but do spend your time looking and haggling and making yourself known to the dealers.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey kwikkik, Have you bought the Touring yet? If you did how much did you pay for it? I'm also looking to buy one soon and want to see what kind of price I should ask the dealer for?. Also does anyone know whether P platers can drive the Aurion Touring because it seems like it is over the power to weight ratio limit (125kw/tonne) for Victorian P Platers?

heyhey

have u considered a 2nd hand one year old or less zr6 or trd?

Was that for me or kwikkik? Are they around the same prices as a Touring? I pretty I can't drive a TRD on P plates, even the normal Aurion is over the 125kw/tonne power to weight ratio limit for p-platers in Victoria I think?

Hey Trunks

I went with the car broker and total price was $33,300 drive-away with metallic paint and floor mats. I think I could have gotten a better deal but did not have the time to go to the dealership. There were a lot of holidays (or so it seemed) on the Saturday and I couldn’t go in on the weekday due to work. I went with the broker simply for ease. I gave a few dealerships a call but none would touch that price. I am sure if I was there in person it would have been a different story.

However, I have read on the forum recently (but can’t seem to find the thread at the moment) that some of the members have gotten better deals. I think someone got a 2009 touring below $33,000 with extras. So that is definitely the bench mark.

I am going to get tint at the local shop (Much cheaper). I turned down paint protection since I think it is simply a coat of wax that I am happy to do myself. Thanks to the forum I am going to add the auspack GPS headunit and a custom grille.

As Boxerboy stated there may be a better deal for stocktake…

Hope that helps

Hey Trunks

I went with the car broker and total price was $33,300 drive-away with metallic paint and floor mats. I think I could have gotten a better deal but did not have the time to go to the dealership. There were a lot of holidays (or so it seemed) on the Saturday and I couldn’t go in on the weekday due to work. I went with the broker simply for ease. I gave a few dealerships a call but none would touch that price. I am sure if I was there in person it would have been a different story.

However, I have read on the forum recently (but can’t seem to find the thread at the moment) that some of the members have gotten better deals. I think someone got a 2009 touring below $33,000 with extras. So that is definitely the bench mark.

I am going to get tint at the local shop (Much cheaper). I turned down paint protection since I think it is simply a coat of wax that I am happy to do myself. Thanks to the forum I am going to add the auspack GPS headunit and a custom grille.

As Boxerboy stated there may be a better deal for stocktake…

Hope that helps

I managed to get it for $32,950 including metallic paint and mats drive-away. That said, I am close family friends with one of the dealers there so that may have helped. He also told me to turn down the paint/interior/rust protection saying it was a waste of money, in any case the package was $3000 for all 3 but i was given the price of $990 which i still refused.

How much did they offer you window tinting for at the dealer?

I have yet to pick up my car, most likely this coming Thursday, out of curiosity did is it listed as an AT-X SE on the dealer receipt? Because on my receipt the car was listed as an AT-X SE for $34,990 but the cost was cut with a "Customer discount" was this similar to yours? Nothing important, just curious that is all.

Thank You so much for the information kwikkik and djc! The dealer was giving me 33 400 with floor mats and when I asked him to go lower he was saying it simply can't be done. I'll probably go and buy on Wednesday. Thanks also for the tip on the paint protection/wax.

Also the dealer said that the Touring is only available in Black, Silver and White, has anyone bought one in another colour apart from this? because my dad wanted one in the sakana gold/silver colour although I reckon the black looks awesome or maybe get a white one and fit the custom grill!

Will have to contact Vicroads about the P-plate issue because I have an old P-plate licence and reading from their website (http://www.arrivealive.vic.gov.au/initiatives/safer_road_users/new_graduated_licensi/high_powered_vehicle_restrictions_that_apply_if_yo.html_0) it seems like the Aurion doesn't make it under 125kw/tonne but fits under the 3.5 litre/tonne rule, I'll probably still drive it regardless though!

Thank You so much for the information kwikkik and djc! The dealer was giving me 33 400 with floor mats and when I asked him to go lower he was saying it simply can't be done. I'll probably go and buy on Wednesday. Thanks also for the tip on the paint protection/wax.

Also the dealer said that the Touring is only available in Black, Silver and White, has anyone bought one in another colour apart from this? because my dad wanted one in the sakana gold/silver colour although I reckon the black looks awesome or maybe get a white one and fit the custom grill!

Will have to contact Vicroads about the P-plate issue because I have an old P-plate licence and reading from their website (http://www.arrivealive.vic.gov.au/initiatives/safer_road_users/new_graduated_licensi/high_powered_vehicle_restrictions_that_apply_if_yo.html_0) it seems like the Aurion doesn't make it under 125kw/tonne but fits under the 3.5 litre/tonne rule, I'll probably still drive it regardless though!

I can confirm it is available in other colours. I purchased mine in Tungsten and the dealer had mentioned other colours too, but maybe stock has run out for those colours or something. Bear in mind $33,400 is a bloody good price as it is, and they probably aren't willing to go lower than that as it will be cutting into their commissions a fair bit.

we looked at one today, I still think the SX6 is a better buy...it just dont look right with the spoiler...atleast the SX6 has the rest of the kit....im pretty sure we will go the SX6 over the touring.

we looked at one today, I still think the SX6 is a better buy...it just dont look right with the spoiler...atleast the SX6 has the rest of the kit....im pretty sure we will go the SX6 over the touring.

It is mainly the features that come with the Touring that make it stand out. The SX6 may have the full body kit but the bottom line is you are sacrificing dual zone air con as well as the front and rear parking sensors for the body kit. Not to mention the SX6 is a little more expensive. But that's up to you, I really liked the Sportivo body kit but at the end of the day the Touring was too good a deal to say no to.

yeah true, but 99% of the time ther eis only 1 person in the car, sensors dont worry her, she is more into the look of the car...so thats why we went the SX6

the ZR6 has the worst leather i have ever seen on a car...terrible

Yay bought the Touring today, only had the Silver left so no choice, got it for $33000 including floor mats. Can't wait to collect it!

On the SX6 I reckon it looks way better than a Touring especially with matching black custom grill and the little black bit on the front lip, but you just can't get past the value for money of the Touring and Yeh I hate the spoiler, a more subtle lip spoiler would look so much more classier.

Yay bought the Touring today, only had the Silver left so no choice, got it for $33000 including floor mats. Can't wait to collect it!

On the SX6 I reckon it looks way better than a Touring especially with matching black custom grill and the little black bit on the front lip, but you just can't get past the value for money of the Touring and Yeh I hate the spoiler, a more subtle lip spoiler would look so much more classier.

Congrats on the new ride.. :toast:

i suppose over time all the things ya don't like or want to change can be done so no dramas,the good thing is its an Aurion. :yahoo: