Bridgestone Adrenalin [Bob Jane]

Kenneth

Check out the latest bob jane catalogue,

Tyre - Bridgestone Adrenalin

$189.00

Starts 01 May - Ends 30 June

Performance Car

Performance car. 205/55 R16. All tyre prices include fitting, standard balance, tubeless valves.

BJT_PROD_J00004460_C_001_R01_005_PFP.JPG

What do they usually cost on average? I'd almost be inclined to needle them for another $10 off each tyre, and not have them fitted. That way I'd have them around when I need them. And they only give you the gay Bronze balance (WTF? It's balanced or it isn't!) for that price.

I should actually check how much life is left in my tyres...

Gav.

going to 205,50,16, is cheaper way to stay in lift than a power fc.

Even with 205/50/16 you still fall short of landing lift in second.

Redline would need to be set to about 9000rpm to land about 6000rpm.

you certain of that superdave?

i was reading some old posts by mr22zz, and the result was that 205,50 was the way to go if you wanted land lift and post good quarter time.

how much difference does it make?

if it doesn't make much, stuff it, i'll go 205,55, as i think I'd rather have slightly lower revs on the freeway.

whitestivo

Quick question thanks

Bronze balance?

A standard balance? as opposed to a, what balance?

Exactly!

A standard balance is a bronze balance, ie: not quite balanced.

Then you have a silver and gold balance. Gold is actually balanced...

They justify the differences by the method in which they do the balance. :wacko:

Gav.

hows the ER300 like then? :)

well i posted this up not to say its dirt cheap or whatever but i believe people are paying roughly 200 dollar a corner for the re001 so this might be a good deal for anyone that is after some of the re001 in that particular size..

its not a deal for everyone and i dont expect it to be anyway..

well i posted this up not to say its dirt cheap or whatever but i believe people are paying roughly 200 dollar a corner for the re001 so this might be a good deal for anyone that is after some of the re001 in that particular size..

ER300 is an economy tyre isn't it? Sportivos came with the ER030 which were sh!thouse..

you certain of that superdave?

i was reading some old posts by mr22zz, and the result was that 205,50 was the way to go if you wanted land lift and post good quarter time.

how much difference does it make?

if it doesn't make much, stuff it, i'll go 205,55, as i think I'd rather have slightly lower revs on the freeway.

whitestivo

sportivospeeds.jpg

ER300 is an economy tyre isn't it? Sportivos came with the ER030 which were sh!thouse..

hahah have no idea :P maybe ur right! wouldnt mind those re001 in 205/50 but not so soon..

205,55, i wouldn't go there gav

i was bitterly disappointed, i was after 205.50s

whitestivo

205/55/16 is the factory size for the ZRE

as to price Bridgestone dealers (but you have to shop around) were doing Adrenalins in that size for $179 fitted and balanced less $5 per tyre if you are an NRMA member

• 2 weeks later...

kenneth

thanks for the info, i have some 205, 55's going onto the stivo today (184 per tyre) so looking forward to pick up this afternoon.

I ended up running 205.55 as on lowered springs I can do with the extra comfort, slightly lower revs on the freeway, and really no chance landing in lift.

too many ppl said the maxxis ipro just wasn't in the same ballpark as the re001, and with just about everyone raving about them, well i'm going to try them out as well. and I looked at a lot of reviews.

i'll let everyone know the results once it stops raining.

whitestivo

no chance

you can wait until july, or possibly september, when the tires are well scrubbed in, i'll head back to the track and see if i can lower my time further. not to mention I'm looking forward to drubbing your laser.

got to put at least 3000km on them first before i go back, to really get them bedded in, that's 3 months

one of evo's wheel had a heavy spot, what the hell does that mean anyway? they fixed it with weights.

whitestivo

one of evo's wheel had a heavy spot, what the hell does that mean anyway? they fixed it with weights.

Not everything is perfect. It just means that would have been the slightest amount of extra weight on part of the rim if you were to balance it in the dead centre. If it's enough, you would notice it as vibration when your wheels are spinning at higher speeds.

Not everything is perfect. It just means that would have been the slightest amount of extra weight on part of the rim if you were to balance it in the dead centre. If it's enough, you would notice it as vibration when your wheels are spinning at higher speeds.

Tyres can also be unbalanced too.

no vibration, no worries

definitely a bigger tyre, fills up guards nicely. feels much softer on road then old tyres, despite 36psi in them

can't tell performance as roads are dreadful

whitestivo

I must have these! Remember that new tyres will take a while to polish off the coating and bed in, be careful.

Gav.