Coilovers/Other height adjustable suspension

Hi all

Recently purchased a 2008 Corolla Hatch and looking to lower it. I want the car to sit pretty low....with the tyre sitting flush with the guard and from looking at other members cars to achieve this look I would have to drop the car considerably. And unless Im mistaken, no aftermarket springs will go low enough. So I'm looking to get coilovers or koni's or something along those lines but cant seem to find anything. I have read the threads which mention all the parts available but when I check the manufacturers website there is nothing for the ZRE Corolla. Has anyone here fitted coilovers/aftermarket suspension to their ZRE corolla? If so what do you have and where did you get it??

Hi all

Recently purchased a 2008 Corolla Hatch and looking to lower it. I want the car to sit pretty low....with the tyre sitting flush with the guard and from looking at other members cars to achieve this look I would have to drop the car considerably. And unless Im mistaken, no aftermarket springs will go low enough. So I'm looking to get coilovers or koni's or something along those lines but cant seem to find anything. I have read the threads which mention all the parts available but when I check the manufacturers website there is nothing for the ZRE Corolla. Has anyone here fitted coilovers/aftermarket suspension to their ZRE corolla? If so what do you have and where did you get it??

the problem is that the ZRE chassis is different to the Euro Altis. Have found this out through pricing and availability of underbody braces from Ultra Racing. I think atm Kings have springs to suit Aus Spec ZRE but nobody can tell me whether or not Eibach for the Atis will fit or not and it is a lot of money to spend and find they don't.....

Hi all

i think trd makes some

I was looking at the Pedders website today at springs/shocks for my aurion and saw an adjustable coil-over system. I am going to ask about it for my car but they might make it for yours. Looks kinda good

I now sell K sport coilovers which are Australian made and have dampener and rebound adj as well as height adjustment. Plus they have all the mounts for brake lines unlike some of the other cheaper brands available. Have got some pics somewhere will post em up. Sell for about $1700 ish from memory and are available for ZZE 122/3 Corolla as i have sold a set and would imagine ZRE's are not far behind in being released....

I now sell K sport coilovers which are Australian made and have dampener and rebound adj as well as height adjustment. Plus they have all the mounts for brake lines unlike some of the other cheaper brands available. Have got some pics somewhere will post em up. Sell for about $1700 ish from memory and are available for ZZE 122/3 Corolla as i have sold a set and would imagine ZRE's are not far behind in being released....

Got k sports installed in my 123 if you want pics. Very happy with them too.

nengun has some as well found a heap of coilovers in the auction section on nengun's website for the ZRE...

Edited by Ray89

Q - K Sport are an American company, why would they be manufactured here instead of China or somewhere?

All K-SPORT coilover suspension kits are built in-house at K-SPORT Headquarter in Taiwan.
Edited by the_random_hero

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=15376

I've contacted Tein UK about the coilovers for the ZRE142 fitting the ZRE152 and they were unable to confirm fitment. If someone with a ZRE152 was to measure the upper and lower mounts as well as the distance between the two points I would be able to find out possible alternatives.

Hey bro supp... ive got king springs in my ZRE n it dropped 30mm all round.. i can reset my rears but i dont wana coz it mite bottom out..

I was talkin to a bloke at wholesale suspension n he said they could make coilovers for 1650 n a sway bar for 350..

I wouldnt recommend lowering ur car flush wit the guards becoz my mate reset all his stock springs n it sits flush wit the guards n it scrapes over speed humps n it sum times get stuck...

But i must say it looks very HOTT!! By the way his side skirts r scratched... But i love driving it coz u get alot of looks!!

I hope it helps... lol!

Cheers..

• 3 weeks later...
+1 nengun for parts shipped from japan at first i was afraid of buying online but after i tried i have gone back again and again

getting coilovers is a good idea but finding some for the ZRE thats freaking hard... ive check nengun as i said b4 most of them only deliver within in japan only... and plus they are GOOD brands as well *sigh* if someone could make GOOD coilovers for a good price ill consider... BUT HELL NO im not going for D2's IMO i think they are crap... all my friends use them said they are good as daily's but track they are crap as and all of them have switched over to more branded products :) so yeah... if your just going for looks i guess springs can do the job no more than 35mm but or else your shocks will be gone sooner than expected.

Hey bro supp... ive got king springs in my ZRE n it dropped 30mm all round.. i can reset my rears but i dont wana coz it mite bottom out..

I was talkin to a bloke at wholesale suspension n he said they could make coilovers for 1650 n a sway bar for 350..

I wouldnt recommend lowering ur car flush wit the guards becoz my mate reset all his stock springs n it sits flush wit the guards n it scrapes over speed humps n it sum times get stuck...

But i must say it looks very HOTT!! By the way his side skirts r scratched... But i love driving it coz u get alot of looks!!

I hope it helps... lol!

Cheers..

MAN you are the man :P... u get a CAI done and now u got quoted for coilovers nice work HAHA your my idol HAHAHAHAHa

If you want a 'custom' set, talk to Road and Track out at Ipswich, QLD. They will make them to suit your purposes.

I've had custom coilovers made at Fulcrum Suspension previously. Turned out very well and was priced around $3K for the fabrication, assembly and installation of the suspension along with rear swaybar and front anilift kit.

If you want a 'custom' set, talk to Road and Track out at Ipswich, QLD. They will make them to suit your purposes.

Spoke to a Terry i think it was over there. They do a lot of 2zz-ge related "stuff" too

Got k sports installed in my 123 if you want pics. Very happy with them too.

Post some pics up of your car mate. I'm sure others would be keen to have a look at them as well!!

Q - K Sport are an American company, why would they be manufactured here instead of China or somewhere?

All K-SPORT coilover suspension kits are built in-house at K-SPORT Headquarter in Taiwan.

My bad on the typo. I meant to put they are made for Aus spec cars and produced in Taiwan. Fingers have a mind of their own LOL. If someone wants some for a ZRE152 then If you give me the measurements they require they will make them for you through my supplier.

double post, mods please remove

Newbies sheesh!!

I now sell K sport coilovers which are Australian made and have dampener and rebound adj as well as height adjustment. Plus they have all the mounts for brake lines unlike some of the other cheaper brands available. Have got some pics somewhere will post em up.

Do the come off the same production like as BC ??