In terms of comfort, which is the best?

xfancier

I want to lower my 2008 corolla hatch and get my car to sit level front and back.. but i want to keep it as comfortable as stock as possible.. which of the following will achieve this?

1, King Low (front) + King Super Low (back)

2, Eibach Prokit + Koni/Bilstein/KYB AGX

3, Coilovers (HKS or Tein?)

Thanks in advance.

Edited by xfancier

I want to lower my 2008 corolla hatch and get my car to sit level front and back.. but i want to keep it as comfortable as stock as possible.. which of the following will achieve this?

1, King Low (front) + King Super Low (back)

2, Eibach Prokit + Koni/Bilstein/KYB AGX

3, Coilovers (HKS or Tein?)

Thanks in advance.

Kings on stock shocks will ride ok but will shorten the life span of the shock. Will be firmer than stock.

Eibach pro kit is around the $500 plus mark so depends on your budget. 30mm drop and ride is definately on the softer side. Forget Bilstein I would go with KYB Excel G's if you want a lowered ride with maintaining your stock ride quality. Will be a comfortable ride and lower than standard. Koni's are definately better but cost wise a little more but are adjustable.

Don't even worry about coilovers as they will not give you what you are after.

Happy to help you out on prices on any of the above stuff just PM me.

I would definately go with a good set of coilovers, once you have driven on a good set of coilovers

you can never go back to just springs and shocks again. If you get e decent set of coilovers you can

get the car to ride as hard or as soft as you want. I can have my car riding even smoother than stock

if it wasnt as low as it is now.

Also depends on what size tyres and how low you want to go.

If you dont want to really go that low then a good set of springs should still ride similar to standard, its only

when you go lower than bout 2.5" lower than standard when the ride might start to get abit firm

speaking as someone who's running stock shocks with lowered springs on both ends, there is a significant increase in bump and crash, more so the higher psi you run in tyres

that said, my car is fine, and IMHO, the king superlows at the back isn't my favourite option

i think BKS ran super lows at the back and went back to lows, BKS?

whitestivo

On stock shocks super lows in the rear isn't a good idea. But combined with Koni's and or KYB's it certainly does improve the handling dynamics of the car out of sight.

I'm aware that their are coilovers that provide comfort comparable to stock systems. But usually the price is not as sensible thats all. Unless of course you stumble upon a bargain, which you should buy without hesitating at all.

I'm aware that their are coilovers that provide comfort comparable to stock systems. But usually the price is not as sensible thats all. Unless of course you stumble upon a bargain, which you should buy without hesitating at all.

awesome.

i am not too concerned about price.

i just want something that makes my car sits level (without lowering it TOO much) and something that gives me a comfortable ride.

if height adjustable coilovers can provide 'comfort comparable to stock', then coilovers it is for me.

thanks everyone for the help!

This is a generalisation, in terms of coilovers, don't look for anything under the $2500 range. DMS and Bilstein command a lot of money, if you consider them cheap then you can always step up to ohlins :D