looks like rain....

How bad is the torrential downpour in bris/surround areas!

has anyone seen any particularly stupid behavior from drivers?

It seems like the rain turns everyone stupid, and they either drive 50km under the speed limit, or suddenly think they own a drift car and cut sick skidz.

How bad is the torrential downpour in bris/surround areas!

has anyone seen any particularly stupid behavior from drivers?

It seems like the rain turns everyone stupid, and they either drive 50km under the speed limit, or suddenly think they own a drift car and cut sick skidz.

Sinnamon Park: Rain is fairly heavy, with brief moments of really heavy rain. I live across the road from an old turf farm; half of the place is flooded. A few roads nearby in the Oxley area are flooded as well.

Drivers: Don't get me started. This is the one thing I hate about wet weather. I'm more concerned about one of them hitting me from their crappy driving rather than me sliding out unexpectedly.

I had a ute tailing me on the Centenary when I was already doing 100 in the 100 zone. Had other cars tail me as well when I was cruising the speed limit.

Then of course as you said, you have the ones that drive so slow it's even more dangerous.

I had many cases where I have been driving along and one side of my car would just about aquaplane. So many roads don't quite have sufficient draining and these puddles are usually pretty hard to see. Lucky the Adrenalins seems to just cut through them pretty well.

Drove through flood waters at Telegraph Rd Brakcen Ridge. Was in the Hilux so no drama's. Water was about 2 and a half foot deep in the deepest place and there were idiots coming the other way in things like Hyundai excels etc and the bow wave of myslef and the Patrol in front would hit them and nearly go over the windscreen. talk about idiots!! I have a video of it and will put it up once I have hosted it somewhere.

I came down one of the main roads near home and slowed to turn left into a side street at about 25-30km'hr and the Hilux literally went straight ahead. A lady was sitting waiting to turn right out of the side street and i was heading straight for her door with all wheels simply sliding so a quick stab of the brake pedal and locked the rears and a bit of lock and some throttle to swing the bum around and then some gentle brake pulled me up nearly parallel with the lady with a gap of about 3-4 feet. I wound my window down and apologised cause I could see she was crapping herself with the thought of my bullbar heading right towards her and all she could do was abuse the living daylights out of me. She accused me of speeding and being on those wet weather morons who drive too fast etc etc. I replied with there is obviously something on the road a this thing doesn't make enough power to spin a wheel net alone drift it.

She just kept on ranting and raving so i yelled at her next time I will simply just let my car slamm into hers if that was what she wanted as I know who would win that argument and then drove off.:(

Man some people should be thankfull for the fact that I didn't hit her and managed to control my car and steer it away from hitting her as I would have injured her for sure hitting the commodore right in the drivers door. Lucky for her it wasn't some 18 year old who thinks he is invincible cause she would be in a hospital with some serious injuries right now......

I am thankful that it’s you guys down south getting all the rain rather than us poor sods up north, because goodness knows we got our fair share this year! Mind you it only stoped raining on the weekend from a good 10 days straight. :wacko:

I know what you mean by silly people driving though water that is simply too deep! Even if you do get through safely, it’s not to say you won’t have done damage by getting water into parts of the car.

I am thankful that it’s you guys down south getting all the rain rather than us poor sods up north, because goodness knows we got our fair share this year! Mind you it only stoped raining on the weekend from a good 10 days straight. :wacko:

Don't worry, I was up in Bowen for all the rain at the start of the year too, haha. I would say that there is easily as much rain down here as was up there earlier this year (compared to the area between Bowen and Mackay).

Whn I said in my post yesterday that a few roads in Oxley were flooded. I meant like ankle deep. Now that rain is over and the sun is up and shining, I was cruising down the Ipswich Motorway and noticed the exit near McDonald's is closed. The reason:

image170x.jpg

image172.jpg

image173.jpg

I find the sign in the second photo quite fitting. If your familiar with the area, you can figure out just how deep that is where the off-ramp dips down.

Don't you guys mention CAI and water............................................................ I know they don't mix. <_<

post-6927-1242890160_thumb.jpg

Anyone want some cheap Mitsubishi's???

Edited by natedog11six

They'd better come with a free hairdryer to dry out the interior, and a brand new loom and ECU because the wiring will be completely shot.

When we had the floods up here in June '07, there was a massive amount of flood-damaged cars appearing in the wreckers a month or so afterwards, because even though they were completely straight the insurance companies were writing them off on the spot because of water damage - it soaks up into all the insulation, wiring and other electrics and basically turns the entire car into a time-bomb

As an idea of how much damage even just a bit of water can do, g/f's best friend's house got about a metre of water through it in the '07 floods......insurance covered damage to carpet, furniture etc as you'd expect........2 months later, the house burnt down. The insulation in the walls sucked up the water like a wick and shorted all the wiring in the roof cavity