when you are 28-32

littleBlacks

i was 18 and owned this car. fully brought with my own money, no loans, no help from the olds. learnt how to save from young and it payed off. when i was 17 (just before i brought the aurion) i owned had a tinny, near new motocross bike and 04 corolla.

budget and work hard is the key

wondering, how come pp so young can get a boxster themselves now a day... B)

Apart from those (including myself) that work hard and save, you'd be surprised at the how many of those expensive cars are financed. Unless their parents bought the car for them. That's a different story altogether.

im in the 28-32 group, and more than happy with the stivo

i sometimes wonder if there are just too many youngens on here and what i'm doing here.

but then i said I'd get a golf gti, and everyone pasted me for it

so i still got the sportivo. 4 doors, wife enjoys driving it, plenty room for items for house and rental, always carrying dishwashers, sleepers, surfboards, oh and the dog, that requires a hatch.

i saw your other post, my list is gti golf, xr5, mps3 (don't shoot me gav), all four doors, all hatches, all slower than my lil stivo around the twisty stuff, hence i haven't shifted.

whitestivo

im in the 28-32 group, and more than happy with the stivo

i sometimes wonder if there are just too many youngens on here and what i'm doing here.

but then i said I'd get a golf gti, and everyone pasted me for it

so i still got the sportivo. 4 doors, wife enjoys driving it, plenty room for items for house and rental, always carrying dishwashers, sleepers, surfboards, oh and the dog, that requires a hatch.

i saw your other post, my list is gti golf, xr5, mps3 (don't shoot me gav), all four doors, all hatches, all slower than my lil stivo around the twisty stuff, hence i haven't shifted.

whitestivo

thanks, i am looking for other chance ...

stivo is very good, I really enjoy :P) but it is getting old now... :(

I've been working since I was 9 and I'm now 24...

Had 19 cars so far and not stopping anytime soon...

Work earnings go straight into my house fund...

Private work earnings pay for the car habits...

Hoping to have a house within a few years (kinda hard to get a mortgage for 650k when you're single lol)...

I do agree with the Daddys money thing, see so many P platers driving very expensive luxury cars and thats the only thing it can be...

saving and having a budget is how i did it.

i bought my first car at 19 - nissan xtrail for 25K and i had half in cash and it took another 6 months to pay the rest off.

As for kluger, i paid it in cash.

i'm 23 by the way.

cheers

I don't know if it's a trend with other ppl, but the older I get, the less interested I am in thinking about having a new car that costs $40-45k. I've never really considered owning a car more expensive than that, and I generally don't even get excited by cars that cost more than $60-80k because it's something I could never own. I've been able to pay for my last 3 cars outright, and not have to worry about loans (Sportivo, Mazda2, Astina). I find that I tend to like the humble small 5dr hatch because it's practical and cheap to run. Apart from my XR6, the Sportivo is the only pokey car I've owned. Unless you consider my track car, a 1988 Ford Laser TX3 FWD Turbo, it was reasonably pokey before being modded (went like a good 2L I spose), but when it's back together it will be quite enjoyable. I always consider this when I get the itch to mod the Sportivo, and consequently I pretty much only have suspension and minor aesthetic mods on the Sportivo (plus ported headers and CAI sometimes). Some day after the Sportivo I think I would like to own a WRX or Ralliart Lancer perhaps, but I'm not really fussed right now, so they are just fun to look at and consider.

Soon to be out of the 28-32 bracket...

Gav.

Not too fussed with exotic/expensive cars by my late 30s hopefully a 67 Mustang or Hilux or something big n mean like a bagged land cruuser

Edited by Gab

gav, xr6 say it isn't so

whitestivo

Afraid it is (was). The biggest car I would consider these days would be a Mazda6 or a Liberty.

Even back in the day, my XR6 and V6 Camry were just too thirsty...

Whereas the Sportivo is one of the most economical cars I've owned. On power output, it is.

The TX3 on the other hand is EXTREMELY thirsty, it only gets 370-380kms to the orange light!

Gav.