www.toyota.com.au

I've been trying to find some info on the new stivo and so far I've been successful getting it here on this forum but why on earth doesn't Toyota have any official details of it on their web site?

I thought they are selling the new stivos in some dealers...

I've been trying to find some info on the new stivo and so far I've been successful getting it here on this forum but why on earth doesn't Toyota have any official details of it on their web site?

you know... you are so right. it's not on there at all. i even checked the south african one (sportivos are build there)... and still nothing! very weird :angry:

you know... you are so right. it's not on there at all. i even checked the south african one (sportivos are build there)... and still nothing! very weird :angry:

its on the south africa site..

Its called the RUNX RSI

no side skirts though

Yeah I visited S.African site ages ago as I believe it was one of the first official place with info but just wanted to see it on our website of the final product for Oz market.

Anyways I better wait patiently I guess...

Dude, check with your local Toyota dealer for a brochure (sarcasm)....

I doubt the website will provide info man, when the dealers are telling our guys here that they aren't available yet (I'm sure Silverbullit can tell you a story or 5)... :)

• 2 weeks later...

About time I think..... not that Toyota has had a history of releasing the details and specs of a vehicle AFTER it is nearly at the end of it's run or anything...

Interesting point to note, is that it states the following:

Number of valves per cylinder 4v

- Variable valve timing Timing only

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that the new Sportivo also had Lift!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought VVT is different to lift. Timing determines when the valves open and their duration, affecting how much air volume can flow into and out of the cylinders. Lift determines how much the valves open, thereby affecting air flow rates.

Interesting point to note, is that it states the following:

Number of valves per cylinder          4v

- Variable valve timing                    Timing only

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that the new Sportivo also had Lift!!

looks like someone at toyota HQ stuffed it up .. it definately does have lift, its only a face lift.. not a new model and besides, it has the VVTL-i badge on it

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought VVT is different to lift.  Timing determines when the valves open and their duration, affecting how much air volume can flow into and out of the cylinders.  Lift determines how much the valves open, thereby affecting air flow rates.

vvt-i just controls timing. the earlier the valve opens the earlier it closes.

volumetric efficiency. this is to take advantage of backpressure and scavenging effects.

duration isn't changed. to change duration cam lob profile, like lift, needs to be altered.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought VVT is different to lift.  Timing determines when the valves open and their duration, affecting how much air volume can flow into and out of the cylinders.  Lift determines how much the valves open, thereby affecting air flow rates.

vvt-i just controls timing. the earlier the valve opens the earlier it closes.

volumetric efficiency. this is to take advantage of backpressure and scavenging effects.

duration isn't changed. to change duration cam lob profile, like lift, needs to be altered.

The Shaomaster - once again, a wealth of knowlege bestows you!!!! :P