3a racing pod

Hi guys im jsut wonderign if any one knows any stores that sell 3a racing pod filters? ive looked around on the interwebs and found a few online stores but id rather buy it in person if the option is available. I dont liek the idea of sending money to a random and hoping i get what i paid for!

auto salon did a review back in 07 and out of 10 filters the 3a racing came first in flow and second in filtration behind the k&n! thats pretty damn good for 35 dollar pod.

I haven't heard anything bad said about it. I think I may have been told you can't re-oil it though. Someone will chime in if I'm wrong.

Gav.

Correct. Built dry. Used dry.

I went to the AB at Slacks Creak, and they had no Drift filters, but they tried to sell me K&N and some other weird K&N derivative brand that is made with urethane instead of rubber. I particularly wanted 3A Racing or Drift, so I ended up getting the 3A Racing filter online (just before the price went up $5 too).

Gav.

I went to the AB at Slacks Creak, and they had no Drift filters, but they tried to sell me K&N and some other weird K&N derivative brand that is made with urethane instead of rubber. I particularly wanted 3A Racing or Drift, so I ended up getting the 3A Racing filter online (just before the price went up $5 too).

Gav.

I was in there a weekend ago, walk past spares and on the end of the first row just past performance there was a HUGE display with only Drift stuff there :blink:

Beats me, I just went straight up to the perf' counter and asked for what I wanted. I got annoyed very quickly with their carry on about how gay CAI's are, and trying to sell me what I didn't want, so I left. There could've been a display when I was there 3 or 4 weeks ago, dunno?

Gav.

Hi guys im jsut wonderign if any one knows any stores that sell 3a racing pod filters? ive looked around on the interwebs and found a few online stores but id rather buy it in person if the option is available.

lol

<_<

Hey Guys, I have the impression that you guys do not like the K&N pod filter. Any particular reason? What would be some better pod filters than K&N? :-l

I don't necessarily not like them, they are just expensive (and illegal up here as their are an oiled type - not to good for MAF sensored cars either).

the build up of oil on the maf only occurs over a LONG period of time, it's no where near as quick as people make it out to be. i've had a k&n on my sportivo for ages and the maf is still very clean. even if it is dirty, then clean it! doesnt mean that its "bad" for it.

I would choose an oiled filter over an un-oiled foam filter any day. For some reason, I really don't like the idea of a foam filter that has no oil on it. It just doesn't seem as effective the way I see it. That said though, I'm not a fan of oiled filters either (so it's the lesser of two evils). My hate for oiled filters is that in the past I've had cases where there would be residue left behind on the walls of the intake piping. I just didn't like having to clean all that up.

http://www.carbling.com.au/component/optio...id,26/vmcchk,1/

I kno you said you didnt want websites, but I ordered from these guys sometime last year. Delivery is quick, you get to pick what colour pod you want, and is pretty cheap. I bought two of em, 1 for myself and another for a mate.

- Will

That's where I got my A3 pod from, and I only paid $27.50 a month ago, but I did receive it THE VERY NEXT DAY! I sent the guy an email thanking him for the fast service and good pricing, but I guess it went to his head...?

Gav.

I kno you said you didnt want websites, but I ordered from these guys sometime last year. Delivery is quick, you get to pick what colour pod you want, and is pretty cheap. I bought two of em, 1 for myself and another for a mate.

- Will

thanks mate

-will

- Will

thanks mate

-will

you can buy mine (3a Racing) if you want. brand new, unuesed, bought it a couple of weeks ago from burwood for $35.00. its red filter with black ring. i fitted the TRD one that came with the TRD CAI instead. $20.00 pick up inner west. I have no use for it now.

PM me if intersted and i'll give you my PH# and add.

Edited by lips

- Will

thanks mate

-will

you can buy mine (3a Racing) if you want. brand new, unuesed, bought it a couple of weeks ago from burwood for $35.00. its red filter with black ring. i fitted the TRD one that came with the TRD CAI instead. $20.00 pick up inner west. I have no use for it now.

PM me if intersted and i'll give you my PH# and add.

still for sale? i sent u a pm but dont know if it went thru to ya