ZRE152 AFTER MARKET FOG LIGHTS KIT

Yep, Mars Performance fog lights on ebay are the right ones, all you need after that is the pair of shrouds as the ones in the kit are for the sedan.

I didn't actually use the instruction book, though I do thank the rez and ken33f who sent it to me :D. I found it overly difficult to be honest :P

Jack your car up, I put it on a hoist, but same deal. Underneath the front, on each side there is a cover held in with a set of 10mm bolts that you have to remove. One or two actually have a screwdriver fitting and are a little longer, so don't misplace them. Also there is a plastic clip you need to remove - I found it easy to do so with 2 flat screwdrivers. This is on each side, directly under the shroud.

So, remove this cover.

Behind the stock shroud is a little phillips head screw. You'll need a stubby screwdriver to get to this one - or else remove the plastic wheel arch.

Once you've taken out that screw (on each side), use a bit of force and some directed pulling and pushing to get the shroud out. For the clips that don't let go, you can push them down from the inside now that you have removed the cover.

The mars lights screw into your new shrouds (which are $84 each from Toyota btw) with three of the 8 supplied screws in the kit.

You'll notice that the lights don't sit flush with the inside of the shroud - this is normal (at least on John's "Auris" and my uncle's Aurion) and must be to allow a little more air flow. These lights get daaaaaamn hot. Like a serious skin burn hot!.

The plugs to go into the lights are already in the position, you just need to untape them from the inside of the bumper and plug them in.

Put the cover back up and screw it back in. You're done with the front.

Now the tricky part...

And here's where I paid $70 to get it done properly.

If you want to do it yourself, you need a relay. I've forgotten the part number - I got it from somewhere on here - hopefully someone can help :)

Work out which plugs on the relay run to a switch, and splice the wires from there and run it over to where the switch will go - near the mirror controls.

Solder it all up and you're done.

The official book says to splice wires that go up into the steering column. I saw the bunch of wires there and immediately gave up. Waaay to hard :P.

Also, you can skip the whole splicing thing and go with plug and play if you buy the official stalk from Toyota / A wrecker. I got quoted from Toyota near $180 and a wrecker $150.

Then just follow the instructions in the DIY section on how to remove a yaris' steering wheel - but apply them to your zre!

post-7876-1254177801_thumb.jpg

Oh, and btw, I've ordered whiter headlights to match the fog lights :P

Damn that sounds lyk a FREAKIN MISSION N A HALF!!! So how much all up did it cost u??

$160 for the kit

$168 for 2 shrouds

$70 for install

So, $398.

Cheaper than Castle Hill at least. It's a shame that the kit is only for the sedan :(. Could have saved on the shrouds there. Lucky Shire.ZRE / Jalal :P

Sweet mitch.. so where does the switch go n how long did it take the guy to install the lights??

The guy who installed the lights was me :P.

As for the relay/wire to the switch, I left the car with the guy for an hour and it was done when I got back.

The switch goes down onto the panel near the mirror controls. You should see 2 or 3 blanks there.

It's a shame that the kit is only for the sedan :(. Could have saved on the shrouds there. Lucky Shire.ZRE / Jalal :P

Yeah, I guess I was lucky with the eBay kit fitting the sedan ZRE perfectly. Did you take it to your local auto electrician to wire-up the switch or the one in Kirrawee?

I think Mars Performance parts are a bit rip off compared with other eShops.

I dont turn my fog lights on very often as long as you have HIDs on low beams.

But i also install Blue LED parkers which enhance the HID white looking to a bit of blue.

This is how it looks

3968221843_211b2ea636.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Inside the cabin, you need to install the relay, which is on a fusebox behind your A/C dials. So you need to remove the side trims, remove the air vents, and pull out your headunit before you can reach behind there.

I'll email you the official Toyota manual for aftermarket fog kits. PM'd.

I just pulled apart the centre console of my hatch. I see the space for the relay to go in. It's right underneath a metal brace. I don't quite know how I'm going to get there, but I will. I couldn't feel any wires leading into the back of that space though. Sure the pins were there, just like in the photo from the yaris diy guide, but I couldn't feel any wires. 'course I couldn't get my hand in there properly.

hey whitey how exactly do u pull the centre console apart ? Is there any screws or is it just clipped together ? Where exactly would i start pulling it apart from ?

Inside the cabin, you need to install the relay, which is on a fusebox behind your A/C dials. So you need to remove the side trims, remove the air vents, and pull out your headunit before you can reach behind there.

I just pulled apart the centre console of my hatch. I see the space for the relay to go in. It's right underneath a metal brace. I don't quite know how I'm going to get there, but I will. I couldn't feel any wires leading into the back of that space though. Sure the pins were there, just like in the photo from the yaris diy guide, but I couldn't feel any wires. 'course I couldn't get my hand in there properly.

hey whitey how exactly do u pull the centre console apart ? Is there any screws or is it just clipped together ? Where exactly would i start pulling it apart from ?

hey Cuong you start with the two side plastic mould pieces then the top tray then the headunit facia then the head unit then your a/c controls all unclips except for the head unit

Charlie

As per the instructions in the factory manual which I've sent around, to mount the relay, one simply:

- Pulls the two side trim pieces off (they snap into place)

- The top piece will now slide off.

- Undo the screws that hold the headunit in place and slide it out.

- You will see the plastic bracket which holds the relay panel in place below (behind the A/C dials).

- To insert the relay, get a philips screw driver and undo the screw holding the bracket in place.

- The bracket will now come off and you can install your relay with ease.

- Reverse the steps to put it all back together and voila! :)

Hope that helps!

Kenneth

Edited by KEN33F

Yep Cuong, what they said :P

You pull the silver bits down from the very top. You may need a taped up screwdriver to pry them up enough to get your fingers under. Pull them down and out and towards you.

Pull the surround out from around the the headunit.

Next, you'll need a 10mm socket with an extension on it. Undo the 4 bolts that hold the headunit bracket in place.

Unplug the radio and get it out of the way.

Everything that you see from here on in is clipped. Just pull with an even amount of force and things should come away.

Modern cars for you. Plastic clips everywhere in the Corolla.

If you see a panel and you want it removed, generally you just yank at it :P

• 2 weeks later...
just got my HID and foggies in :)

thanks too charlie (flipsta and kenneth for there help :D )

hidnfog.jpg

looking good man! Now for the other bag of goodies lol

yepp yepp can't wait charlie, you kevO and me are gonna be in for a big surprise this week hehe :lol:

• 6 months later...

G'day guys

I was reading through your posts and decided to join, looks like a great forum. I'm looking into getting foglights for my Corolla Hatch 2008 ZRE 152. I was bit overwhelmed with the complexity of the job, I'm pretty handy but haven't done much on my car. You guys think Mars are the way to go? Just some guidance or that DIY manual that you have been talking about would be great. Any info at all on the topic would be greatly appreciated!.

Cheers

G'day guys

I was reading through your posts and decided to join, looks like a great forum. I'm looking into getting foglights for my Corolla Hatch 2008 ZRE 152. I was bit overwhelmed with the complexity of the job, I'm pretty handy but haven't done much on my car. You guys think Mars are the way to go? Just some guidance or that DIY manual that you have been talking about would be great. Any info at all on the topic would be greatly appreciated!.

Cheers

i recomend this guy http://cgi.ebay.com.au/07-08-09-10-TOYOTA-COROLLA-5D-Hatchback-Fog-Light-Lamp-/350303679565?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item518fb9f44d#ht_4725wt_939 ive been using these since jan no problems what so ever and they are really cheap

G'day guys

Cheers

i recomend this guy http://cgi.ebay.com.au/07-08-09-10-TOYOTA-COROLLA-5D-Hatchback-Fog-Light-Lamp-/350303679565?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item518fb9f44d#ht_4725wt_939 ive been using these since jan no problems what so ever and they are really cheap

Cheers for the link, I'll definitely check them out this weekend! Shall keep you posted.

• 5 weeks later...
The ZRE Ascent comes prewired ready for fogs. It already has the main harness in place. So the only thing you need to get foggies working are:

- 2x lamps

- 2x shrouds

- 8x screws

- relay (unsure if it's there already, will need to check)

- OEM stalk or push switch..

Also, the ZRE Corolla share the same fog lamps as the Yaris and Camry

I hope that helps..

Kenneth

Haha, are you serious ? its prewired ?, and what do you mean by main harness. I just bought the fog light kit from mars warehouse earlier today :P :(

But atleast it comes with the relay, the lamps, screws, and push switch ( didnt want the oem stalk )

So now tomorrow i'll just order the shrouds / plastic covers.

Yeap, have you ever looked behind your bumper? The main harness with the foglight connectors are already there. So that means everything in the engine bay side of things is already done except for the 2 lamps and H11 bulbs. You don't need to run any cables through the firewall. Inside the cabin, you need to install the relay, which is on a fusebox behind your A/C dials. So you need to remove the side trims, remove the air vents, and pull out your headunit before you can reach behind there.