Beeping on its own

I have a stock ATX and today the car has started beeping approx every 5mins

It emits 3 beeps with the same tone as when you unlock or lock the car

Seems to only be happening while its parked but whilst driving home today we did hear the sounds but it maybe have only been 2 beeps.

Anyone got any idea what this may be?

Its gonna drive me nuts!

Taking the battery out of the remote on the AT-X is not going to make any difference. I haven't heard of a case where it beeps like what you have mentioned. Only other type of beep I have come across is a long 10 second beep if you leave a door open when you try and lock it.

I wonder if disconnecting rhe battery to "reset" would do anything?

Worth a shot I guess. You've got nothing to lose except for your clock and radio settings. Just leave it unplugged for 30 minutes and see what happens after that.

Maybe check all your fuses while waiting as well. Might be some form of indications of a blown fuse.

Battery has been disconnected now for about 20 mins and its still beeping!

Grrrrr

Does anyone know where the sound comes from to i can muffle it or something so it's not going off all night and keeping me awake?

As in it's beeping while the battery is disconnected?

Either way, the buzzers look like this and there is one on each headlight. Simply covering it up probably won't work due to the frequency of the beep that will be hard to mask. As well, it beeps through the headlight housing. You would probably need to disconnect it. To do this you follow that blue and white wire till you get to the point where it can be unplugged:

dsc03165ep3.jpg

Yes it is managing to produce the sound even though the battery is disconnected.

How ... i have no idea.

Have you talked to Toyota?

It is obviously beeping for a reason.

My girl friend was looking over my shoulder reading this and apart from laughing at at me for reading a car forum she said "It is probably someone playing a prank". Is it the same beep as when you lock/unlock your car? Or is it different?

Take it straight back to toyota, they can run the diagnostics. If it sounds like the car is unlocking, perhaps the reciever on the alarm is playing up?

In my old car the alarm got effected by strong CB radio signals, I would be driving along and suddenly the car would go nuts like it was posessed or something, doors unlocking and re-locking.

wait...that can't be DJKOR discussing a muffle solution

that is so not like DJKOR

think you should take it to Toyota and ask whats wrong

follow DJKOR's instructions aftwards to make sure your dealer didn't just unplug it to brush you off

wait...that can't be DJKOR discussing a muffle solution

that is so not like DJKOR

think you should take it to Toyota and ask whats wrong

follow DJKOR's instructions aftwards to make sure your dealer didn't just unplug it to brush you off

I was discussing a muffle solution because I highly doubted a dealer would be open at the time he asked the question (07:57 PM on a Sunday night). I'm sure you'd be thinking of trying to muffle it given the circumstances.

I didn't I would need to suggest to take it to Toyota because that would just be common sense.