Help required with TRD grill

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi SupaTouring! wish i could buy you a beer for being so helpful, i need to test the friendship one more time? I need to buy the chrome toyota emblem fo rthe grill and i was wondering if you could measure yours so i know what size to buy?

once again, thanks in advance, Nathan

It looks to be 132mm wide and 89mm in height. Seems to be slightly smaller then the area that it sits in.

That appears to be the same size as the rear emblem.

Hey Brad,

not so good thus far! looks like i will have to take the front bumper off and fabricate something 15mm - 20mm high to attach to the front bumper to be able to attach the grill.

To keep the top of the grill level with the bonnet and where the grill attaches above the headlights may just prove to leave a too big a gap below for my liking.

The "wedges" will also be visible so will have to be colour coded to the bumper and discrete.... might have been easier to buy the whole bumper but i'm hoping my way will still prove to be a lot cheaper... eventually!

I will know more Thursday as thats my next day off and i plan to spend a lot of it in my garage however my initial opinion is i may have to bring in a third party (like a panel beater). Either way i'm reasonably sure this will be a one of a kind and possibly a once only attempt as i risk doing damge to the bumper if i get it wrong....

fingers crossed right!

Hey there Supatouring & zr nate, is it possible to let me know how can i purchase that and how much is it? I have tried many ways but still cant get it... I need some solid information to get that... been searching for this since 6 months ago!!

anyway congrats on the new grill... all i can do now is banging my balls while looking at these badass grill..sigh...

Hey there Supatouring & zr nate, is it possible to let me know how can i purchase that and how much is it? I have tried many ways but still cant get it... I need some solid information to get that... been searching for this since 6 months ago!!

anyway congrats on the new grill... all i can do now is banging my balls while looking at these badass grill..sigh...

I will direct you over to our FAQ:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=19545

If you want to obtain any parts, you will need to ask for them yourself. Don't be surprised if you are given 'no' for an answer.

Otherwise, keep your eye on eBay as these things turn up on the odd occasion from dealers who need to get rid of parts quick.

Hey Brad,

not so good thus far! looks like i will have to take the front bumper off and fabricate something 15mm - 20mm high to attach to the front bumper to be able to attach the grill.

To keep the top of the grill level with the bonnet and where the grill attaches above the headlights may just prove to leave a too big a gap below for my liking.

The "wedges" will also be visible so will have to be colour coded to the bumper and discrete.... might have been easier to buy the whole bumper but i'm hoping my way will still prove to be a lot cheaper... eventually!

I will know more Thursday as thats my next day off and i plan to spend a lot of it in my garage however my initial opinion is i may have to bring in a third party (like a panel beater). Either way i'm reasonably sure this will be a one of a kind and possibly a once only attempt as i risk doing damge to the bumper if i get it wrong....

fingers crossed right!

there is a trd front bar on ebay. it doesn't have the grill so its prefect for you :)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRD-Aurion-Front-Ba...alenotsupported

Hey Brad,

fingers crossed right!

note to self, never rely on a country spray painter who forgets to paint your grill........

Why do things never go perfectly? why is it whenever i think i'e got a dolid plan things go wrong? Need some advice people!!! My new TRD grill arrived sometime yesterday and i was very happy when i got home from work and saw the package on the doorstep... I unwrapped it slowly and stared lovingly at the R running through the wire mesh and then as i unwrapped the main piece, disaster struck! one end was broken off... Damn those bloddy couriers!! the thing was wrapped in a mile of bubble wrap so clearly they completely ignored the fragile stickers on the box!! Anyway have attached a few photo's comparing the TRD grill with the sportivo grill for you all. A few things i noticed straight away:

The TRD grill is a fair bit heavier and has different tabs (see photos) to attach the car, also the new grill doesn't come with any screws etc to fit to the car or does it come with the actual Toyota badge....

Gotta Say Brad has been very helpful and in no way does this reflect on him! We will both be contacting the company involved and will keep you all posted....

Thats why i pays to pay that extra few buck for insurance. gives you peice of mind

AUR30N

I would mod the standard grill so that the TRD one sits in it. Just use the V for the lower fixings to the bumper and the TRD grill fixings for across the top.

For me I would have the TRD grill in body colour and the modified standard grill piece in black to make the sportivos black accents.

I would mod the standard grill so that the TRD one sits in it. Just use the V for the lower fixings to the bumper and the TRD grill fixings for across the top.

For me I would have the TRD grill in body colour and the modified standard grill piece in black to make the sportivos black accents.

That's along the lines of what I was thinking. I didn't know if it would look good though. If you take the middle section out of the Sportivo grill, it looks like the outer section will fill that empty space nicely.

Who can sell TRD grill.

I would to buy.

Please read the FAQs in the Aurion section.

thanks.

But I don't like copy.

Mate, just like every other person that comes on here asking for TRD Aurion parts... as mentioned in the first question of the FAQ, go talk to Toyota about it. They will tell you whether you can buy it or not. If you don't want replica parts, don't be surprised if they tell you "no".

Who can sell TRD grill.

I would to buy.

Please read the FAQs in the Aurion section.

thanks.

But I don't like copy.

Mate, just like every other person that comes on here asking for TRD Aurion parts... as mentioned in the first question of the FAQ, go talk to Toyota about it. They will tell you whether you can buy it or not. If you don't want replica parts, don't be surprised if they tell you "no".

haha it never stops! thanks darryl for protecting us TRD owners :-)

• 2 weeks later...

hi all, i'm selling the TRD grill as i don't have the bnecessary ability to make it work!! please PM if anyine is interested. I'll take some photo's of it and put it in the for sale section tomorrow....

post-7221-1249286493_thumb.jpg