TRD Aurion Oil Leak

BF71

I have a small oil leak on my TRD from the Cylinder Head Cover/Rocker Cover.

Standing at the front of the car looking at the engine, it's the rear bank of cylinders closer to the windscreen. On the left front of the cover is a small hole near one of the bolts holding the cover to the block. There's a small amount of oil seeping from the hole. The oil is collecting on a small sill on the Cylinder Cover.

Does anyone have any similar leak or can tell me why the hole is there and what does it do?

Thanks

I think if anyone here had an oil leak on their Aurion or TRD, it would have been mentioned already. I think you may be the first, so we will need some more information.

I was reading you post trying to imagine the area you are referring to. I went down to look at my engine to see if it had anything similar and I couldn't find it. Maybe you could post a photo of what it is you can see. I know the supercharger actually lets you see more of the rear bank when compared to the intake on the normal 2GR, so it might be something us non-TRD owners can't see.

Is it anything you can see from the attached photo? I know this is a non-TRD engine, but I figured that this engine might have the same 'hole' you are referring to (though I can safely say the TRD 2GR has a few subtle changes). Anyways, is it anything from around this area:

dsc04289a.jpg

I'm hoping the hole you are referring to is not a hole where the hose in this picture is (same place on the TRD). If that is the case, that would be part of your crankcase ventilation and can easily explain the oil seeping out.

dsc04292.jpg

If by the odd chance that the hole you speak of is it, I would get that fixed ASAP. The other end is connected to your intake just before the throttle body and if there is an open end on the hose there, you engine can be taking in a portion of unfiltered air.

Apart from that, that's the best I can think of right now without photos from you.

Just thought I'd let everybody know, I had my car looked at this morning at a Toyota dealer.

My car is suffering from a crack or fracture on the cylinder head/rocker cover. That is where the oil is seeping from.

No real problems, just whack another cover on. But, I wish it was that easy.

Toyota don't have a replacement cover in Australia and it needs to come from Japan. I suppose that says that the engines are very good.

Unfortunately I'm the only person in the known civilised world to buy an Aurion with an oil leak.

Makes me feel like I've got another Commodore. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
I have a small oil leak on my TRD from the Cylinder Head Cover/Rocker Cover.

Standing at the front of the car looking at the engine, it's the rear bank of cylinders closer to the windscreen. On the left front of the cover is a small hole near one of the bolts holding the cover to the block. There's a small amount of oil seeping from the hole. The oil is collecting on a small sill on the Cylinder Cover.

Does anyone have any similar leak or can tell me why the hole is there and what does it do?

Thanks

Just a quick update, had the rocker cover replaced, it was still leaking. Took it back and they discovered the cam cover is leaking. Another 3 to 4 week wait for parts and then a week at the dealers as it involves a complete engine out job to fix it.

Hopefully this time the problem will be solved.