new anti hoon low

Ascendant Rice

Alright, I just read this new law -and I suggest you all do the same here:

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/dow...7-july-2009.pdf

Pay attention to the very last line:

For all those that have said it doesn't apply if you had your car modified before the law came into effect, or have only a 30mm drop etc... this is not the case. It is EVERY TIME you get your Blue Slip.

So back to the mechanic who installed my kings lows. and now to have an engineers report as well.

Government likes to get money from motorists.

But least i can register the rolla before the 31st july.

Alright,

time for my input on this...

Who honestly can say that lowering your car is considered 'hoon'-like behaviour?

Am i now considered a 'hoon' because i drive a car that is lower to the ground? what is the achievement out of all this other then revenue raising? I know for a fact that lowering your car does produce better results compared to a stock car, and that it is the lowering that gives better handling and performance... See, the problem with these dumb F#^&en s#&* government people is that not all people that modify their cars are 'hoons', the 'hoons' are the ones that you see out there in your typical falcodores skidding it and being stupid dumb-s$^*s on your roads.

Why is it that these people think that they can stop this behaviour, when in reality, they cant?

They limited the amount of power that younger drivers can have, but that still has not stopped this behaviour from younger drivers... if they really thought about it, and not have their heads stuck up their a@@, they would limit the types of cars that these 'hoons' can have... I still think its ridiculous seeing a P plater drive an SV6 (as an example) and these types of cars are specifically marketed to younger drivers, if you think about it.

Despite this 'new' rule that they are putting out, people wont care at all, and still continue to lower their cars...

regardless of whether they require a certificate or not.

lowering your car increases the safety factor of driving and evasive driving, the only real reason why cars dont come out of the factory lowered is because they want EVERYONE to have their cars, old and young, no older people want their cars scraping the ground every time you go over a speedbump...

Sorry about all my ranting, i think it is just the most stupidest thing that they could ever come up with.

i think i have said my 2 c

Evo

I'm not going to join in on this argument going on about revenue raising etc, but can someone out there with a bit of knowledge make comment on the effects of lowering your car by too much. Sure lowering (within limits) can make the car safer as everyone believes, but you can also lower it by too much (for a given car) and actually make it less safe, correct?

Also as well guys, remember this new law applies to raising cars, which is going against the whole, 'lower is safer' thought that everyone is thinking.

I'm not going to join in on this argument going on about revenue raising etc, but can someone out there with a bit of knowledge make comment on the effects of lowering your car by too much. Sure lowering (within limits) can make the car safer as everyone believes, but you can also lower it by too much (for a given car) and actually make it less safe, correct?

Also as well guys, remember this new law applies to raising cars, which is going against the whole, 'lower is safer' thought that everyone is thinking.

i always thought when lowering it too much will increase the stiffness of the ride, thus when going on a bumpy road cause your car to bounce, so your not having that 100% contact to the road... its what i always thought... causing it to be unsafe...

while rasing your car too much will cause more body roll, making it unsafe... sorry im just going on what i think... i havnt read links by the rta or anthing about this, i think its rubbish... but if my car requires a blue slip then so be it ill get it at work, and if it needs an engineer cert, hmm how much are those? lol

• 2 weeks later...

Good news guys. B)

This bit of rubbish would have kicked in as of today, but has been stalled until further notice.

THE NSW MINISTER for Roads Michael Daley has agreed to delay the introduction of proposed legislation that would have restricted suspension height changes to just 5cm above or below a car’s standard ride height.

Intense pressure from off-road groups, aftermarket associations and car enthusiasts forced Mr Daley to reconsider the draconian modification rules.

It was not only 4WDs that were affected. Under the proposed legislation, all vehicle owners were to be required to seek engineering approval for any suspension modifications performed on any road-registered car.

“I’ve listened to feedback from the industry and the community, and have agreed to set up a working party to look more closely at how we are going to address this road safety issue,” said Mr Daley.

“All of those who attended today’s meeting agreed that safety is paramount and that unsafe modifications of vehicles do need be stamped out.

“The working group will include representatives from the NSW Centre for Road Safety, Four Wheel Drive NSW-ACT, Australian Automotive Aftermarket Association, the Australian 4WD Industry Council as well as other agencies and experts.”

Executive Director of Australian Automotive Aftermarket Association Stuart Charity expressed relief at the minister’s decision to hold off on the rule changes.

“We’re passionate about road safety and we understand the intent of the regulation is to make the roads safer,” Mr Charity said.

We’re looking forward to working towards a practical solution that meets road safety objectives while also taking industry views into account.”

When they were announced two weeks ago, the proposed laws prompted a sharp backlash from automotive enthusiasts across NSW, many of whom believed they were being unfairly targeted by rules designed to stamp out illegal and dangerous modifications carried out by a minority of road users.

“We want to eliminate unsafe practices in the driving community and we’ll work with the government to make sure these new regulations meet those objectives without any adverse consequences for the motoring community at large,” Greg Redfern from Four Wheel Drive NSW-ACT said.

“We all agree that there is no place for extreme and illegal modifications, but the clubs in our association follow a strict code of conduct and ethics, and we want to make sure they’re not punished.”

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/386...-indefinitely/

Listening to the public? Faaark look out

Good news guys. B)

This bit of rubbish would have kicked in as of today, but has been stalled until further notice.

THE NSW MINISTER for Roads Michael Daley has agreed to delay the introduction of proposed legislation that would have restricted suspension height changes to just 5cm above or below a car’s standard ride height.

Intense pressure from off-road groups, aftermarket associations and car enthusiasts forced Mr Daley to reconsider the draconian modification rules.

It was not only 4WDs that were affected. Under the proposed legislation, all vehicle owners were to be required to seek engineering approval for any suspension modifications performed on any road-registered car.

“I’ve listened to feedback from the industry and the community, and have agreed to set up a working party to look more closely at how we are going to address this road safety issue,” said Mr Daley.

“All of those who attended today’s meeting agreed that safety is paramount and that unsafe modifications of vehicles do need be stamped out.

“The working group will include representatives from the NSW Centre for Road Safety, Four Wheel Drive NSW-ACT, Australian Automotive Aftermarket Association, the Australian 4WD Industry Council as well as other agencies and experts.”

Executive Director of Australian Automotive Aftermarket Association Stuart Charity expressed relief at the minister’s decision to hold off on the rule changes.

“We’re passionate about road safety and we understand the intent of the regulation is to make the roads safer,” Mr Charity said.

We’re looking forward to working towards a practical solution that meets road safety objectives while also taking industry views into account.”

When they were announced two weeks ago, the proposed laws prompted a sharp backlash from automotive enthusiasts across NSW, many of whom believed they were being unfairly targeted by rules designed to stamp out illegal and dangerous modifications carried out by a minority of road users.

“We want to eliminate unsafe practices in the driving community and we’ll work with the government to make sure these new regulations meet those objectives without any adverse consequences for the motoring community at large,” Greg Redfern from Four Wheel Drive NSW-ACT said.

“We all agree that there is no place for extreme and illegal modifications, but the clubs in our association follow a strict code of conduct and ethics, and we want to make sure they’re not punished.”

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/386...-indefinitely/

Listening to the public? Faaark look out

BOOYAH!! :yahoo:

Edited by KEN33F

so does this included cars with bodykits on it i mean can i lower my car like 1 1/2 inchs with the kit on it or do i have to get a certificate b4 i can do it?

Since the purpose of the 'anti-hoon' is for safety.. I reckon it disregards body-kits. It should measure from the factory ones.

so does this included cars with bodykits on it i mean can i lower my car like 1 1/2 inchs with the kit on it or do i have to get a certificate b4 i can do it?

Since the purpose of the 'anti-hoon' is for safety.. I reckon it disregards body-kits. It should measure from the factory ones.

so its only the suspension so i can still lower it 5cms according to the law and im still safe

sean

Its all these young blokes in Geminis with Makita coilovers sittin on one coil that give us a bad name.

...................... maybe if you pulled that line 15 years ago it might of been taken as truth..... when was the last time you seen a gemini on the street? theres hardly any left around, the only ones left are ones owned by old men that have owned them since new or by proud owners that painstakingly restored these beautiful cars, the gemini owners of today are some of the most down to earth car modifiers that respect each others rides, ive been the proud owner of 2 examples one of them im in the process of building

here is the best example of recient times truelly sex on wheels

IgnitionSuite_Image4300.jpg

IgnitionSuite_Image4290.jpg

IgnitionSuite_Image4291.jpg

if you want to point fingers id be pointing them at the cheap japanese imports flooding the market, the jap import brigade, driving around on ride hight that would make a touring car blush.......

so its only the suspension so i can still lower it 5cms according to the law and im still safe

sean

No no and NO.

I posted a link to the exact law at the top of this page, which you clearly haven't read.

In the section 'Lowering a Vehicle', it clearly makes reference to GROUND CLEARANCE OF 100mm WITHIN 1 METRE OF AN AXLE.

Which means if you have massive side skirts that hang low enough to be under 100mm from the ground, you will get done regardless of your suspension height. Same goes for if you have lowered it 5cms, but you have 5 people in the car pushing it down further.

Either way, the law is currently on hold... so you don't have to do anything extra in terms of certificates etc just yet.

Edited by Leroy

Its all these young blokes in Geminis with Makita coilovers sittin on one coil that give us a bad name.

...................... maybe if you pulled that line 15 years ago it might of been taken as truth..... when was the last time you seen a gemini on the street? theres hardly any left around, the only ones left are ones owned by old men that have owned them since new or by proud owners that painstakingly restored these beautiful cars, the gemini owners of today are some of the most down to earth car modifiers that respect each others rides, ive been the proud owner of 2 examples one of them im in the process of building

here is the best example of recient times truelly sex on wheels

IgnitionSuite_Image4300.jpg

IgnitionSuite_Image4290.jpg

IgnitionSuite_Image4291.jpg

if you want to point fingers id be pointing them at the cheap japanese imports flooding the market, the jap import brigade, driving around on ride hight that would make a touring car blush.......

Issues with that Gemini:

* Non standard ride height that does not comply with the specified eyebrow height required - illegal

* Non standard wheels that most certainly go over the 2 inch diameter, 1 inch wide allowable limit over that of the OEM wheels - illegal

* There is a **** massive hole the bonnet. I doubt any engineer could successfully have that pass within legal guidelines, and it doesn't even seem to have any form of perspex (which would need extensive sealing anyway) - illegal

And finally

* "I heard you liked getting your head sawn off if you roll the car, so we decided to cut your **** pillars out." - No pillars - highly illegal and highly stupid.

That car is a death trap, and makes me want to set my eyes on fire. Furthermore, this is Australia. We will always be the home of Commodores with cut / dropped springs and standard shocks that root themselves after 1000km's. Mute point.

Edited by RXSeven

Issues with that Gemini:

* Non standard ride height that does not comply with the specified eyebrow height required - illegal

* Non standard wheels that most certainly go over the 2 inch diameter, 1 inch wide allowable limit over that of the OEM wheels - illegal

* There is a **** massive hole the bonnet. I doubt any engineer could successfully have that pass within legal guidelines, and it doesn't even seem to have any form of perspex (which would need extensive sealing anyway) - illegal

And finally

* "I heard you liked getting your head sawn off if you roll the car, so we decided to cut your **** pillars out." - No pillars - highly illegal and highly stupid.

That car is a death trap, and makes me want to set my eyes on fire. Furthermore, this is Australia. We will always be the home of Commodores with cut / dropped springs and standard shocks that root themselves after 1000km's. Mute point.

answers with....getting jiggy with it

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

sean

No no and NO.

I posted a link to the exact law at the top of this page, which you clearly haven't read.

In the section 'Lowering a Vehicle', it clearly makes reference to GROUND CLEARANCE OF 100mm WITHIN 1 METRE OF AN AXLE.

Which means if you have massive side skirts that hang low enough to be under 100mm from the ground, you will get done regardless of your suspension height. Same goes for if you have lowered it 5cms, but you have 5 people in the car pushing it down further.

Either way, the law is currently on hold... so you don't have to do anything extra in terms of certificates etc just yet.

thanks for clearing that up for me i didnt read the post at the top soz

sean

Issues with that Gemini:

And finally

You are such a Wharrgarbl.

Issues with that Gemini:

And finally

You are such a Wharrgarbl.

i was merely trying to knock you off your chair, by will smiths constant and hypnotizing arm flailing *cough dancing*