If you are looking for a HU.......

Alfred Q

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This one goes out to Matt or anyone who knows, but i can't seem to find any of the Dig Option units on ebay anymore. is this due to no stock or something else? cheers

Hi!

A friend of mine is also interested in this unit.

I fired an e-mail off and this is what I got.

Quote:

Hey mate,

Thanks for that. We'll hopefully get you sorted with the other unit when I return home from China.

I hope everything else is good.

Matt

e.o.q.

Looks like Matt is in China (maybe getting, inspecting new stock?) Hopfully he may even get better units ????

I hope that helps

Regards

Alfred

Gday people. something just popped into my head. With the usb port does it only support max. 4gb usb stick or since it runs an O.S does it support say a 250/500GB hard drive? very keen to know.

BTW im liking the new unit up for sale on Ebay but we'll wait and see what Matt brings home for us hehe...

Take Care,

Thim.

Not bagging the product but you do know alfred is a spam bot/person???

And what gives you that impression Brad?

I personally don't think he is a bot. He communicates with us just like a normal person would... for example:

DJKOR!!!!!

You are amazing!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

I was not even gone for 20 minutes and you are here to help out already!!!!

No, I do not have fog lights....so I will go ahead and do what you recomended!

Would I get a "spade terminal" (no idea what that looks like) in autopro, auto one, Jaycar?

Regards and THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Alfred

As far as I'm aware, a bot isn't that appreciative. On top of that, he even used my name in one of his posts:

Wow!

Darryl you are amazing! Of course I know what a spade terminal is, just did not know the name..(I am Austrian)! I will go ahead and install this now!!!!

Thanks again.................

Alfred

By the way, thanks for the praise Alfred :D

Not bagging the product but you do know alfred is a spam bot/person???

And what gives you that impression Brad?

I personally don't think he is a bot. He communicates with us just like a normal person would... for example:

DJKOR!!!!!

You are amazing!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

I was not even gone for 20 minutes and you are here to help out already!!!!

No, I do not have fog lights....so I will go ahead and do what you recomended!

Would I get a "spade terminal" (no idea what that looks like) in autopro, auto one, Jaycar?

Regards and THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Alfred

As far as I'm aware, a bot isn't that appreciative. On top of that, he even used my name in one of his posts:

Wow!

Darryl you are amazing! Of course I know what a spade terminal is, just did not know the name..(I am Austrian)! I will go ahead and install this now!!!!

Thanks again.................

Alfred

By the way, thanks for the praise Alfred :D

Hi Daryl!

It is well earned praise. I was just thinking of putting together a "Thank You" thread.

was able to

1) Install this unit

2) Install Reversing Sensors

3) Install Reversing Camera

4) Install Garage Door opener

5) Repaint my center console

6) learned about cleaning and cleaning my car (it came up like liquid glass surface)

All this thanks to you and other members on this amazing forum.

I am not sure what a bot is even though I think I know what a spam is (all the stuff I get in my e-mail without asking for it I guess).

As I do not do that I am not sure what caused Brad to come to this conclusion other than that I do like this product as well as this forum which gave me the know how to install it properly.

I thought my post may help others and so give back a little after having received soooooo much!

Once again !

Thanks to you and all the other members who have helped me so much doing all this things. (I have quit a few amazed friends who just can not believe that I was able to do all that...Heheheheh)

Regards

Alfred

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Totally agree he does deserve his own thread, it would be the most popular one here :P

Hi!

You are soooo right.

I will do my "Thank you" thread but I want to take some pictures first!

I am very happy with the way it turned out. I do think itis much more than an ATX now.

I may have to follow Au3ion example of debadging my car after all!

Kind Regards

Alfred

thanks for putting the link. I have been in touch with several companies now and compiling a comparision spreadsheet. They all will ship directly and ofcourse cheaper than the EBay site as you are buying directly from the manufacturer. The risk is warranty issues etc although they all provide a years warranty, really if it breaks who is going to ship it back to China! I will be keen in finding out what company is the gig-options one manufactured by? the website address must be printed on the manual somewhere?

Thanks for finding the website. I have contacted quite a few mnaufacturers and compiling a comparison list. The price including shiiping is quite cheap.

be very very careful when dealing with "manufacturers" in china!!!

make sure u think about what payment method you use.

ive heard too many painful stories.

i bought an auspack unit, $670 with reversin camera (decided not to install just didn't like it) its prety sweet. Only thing i don't like is when ur iPod is connected and when u switch off the car u can't resume playback and then u have to go in select a song so forth. Gps is alright but can't seem to set the date and make it save keeps defaulting back but not much of a concern.

Hi All,

Newbie here (even if my age doesn't suggest !)

I contacted this company in China and received pricing back, $AUD335.00 (min POQ is 10 for this price) freight is $AUD78.00 via UPS.

If anyone is interested

http://www.ugode.com/Product.asp?BigClassN...=Toyota%20Camry

YES TRUST | Join Now | Help

Nov 05, 2009

Dear, Scott XXXXXXX

You have received a quotation or response from cargps through EC Plaza.

Subject

RE: 7 Digital TFT LCD Car DVD With GPS For Toyota Camry Or Aurion

From cargps

UGO Digital Electronics Co.,Ltd, China

Phone: 86-0755-2605-9005, Fax: 86-0755-2605-9505

Email : info@ugode.com

Date Nov 05, 2009 03:13:01 GMT

Attachment picture for new digital menu.rar , File size : 77 KB

Message Hi Scott,

Thanks for your inquiry for our product, pls see the following quotation,

New digital car dvd gps for CAMRY (SD-6009) AUD$335 MOQ:10PCS

More quantity we can provide better price.

Shipping cost via UPS is AUD$78

It is beautiful design with professional graphical UI operation interface,7 inch Digital screen .

High temperature loader / temperature control function (with fan), it is our special design for high quality.

Enclosed new digital menu picture and unit feature for your reference. I think it would be good market in your country.

You are welcome to test a sample at first.

Any question kindly let me know.

Best regards

Sophie

Source Trade Leads

To search other suppliers, click here.

To use basic member services for buyers, click here.

© Since 1996 EC Plaza Network, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Thanks. Yes that is a risk I bear. Most of them only accept TT or Wester Union which means no protection. But the only way for me to gauge their behaviour and honesty is how responsive they are in answering my questions and supplying detailed information about their product.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. On the topic of eBay head units, I came across this one that I would personally think looks promising. The front of it looks completely identical to the Auspack unit, but it seems like it's insides have been given a fresh update. The main one being the higher resolution screen compared to the bulk of the other units out there. Most of the 7 inch screens you find on these things are 480x234. This one here has an LCD screen resolution of 800x480. It also appears to be a better quality TFT screen judging from the richer colours on it. This would mean that it would hold up better in direct sunlight. As well, the interface seems to be really neat and tidy. It even has a built in digital TV tuner. If I didn't already have a head unit, I would be putting some good thought into this one.

HD LCD CAR DVD GPS 2007/08/09 TOYOTA AURION CAMRY DVB-T

DSC09555.jpg

DSC09132.jpg

DSC09468.jpg

DSC09439.jpg

DSC09537.jpg

DSC09492.jpg

DSC09478.jpg

DSC09502.jpg

DSC09522.jpg

Hey guys. On the topic of eBay head units, I came across this one that I would personally think looks promising. The front of it looks completely identical to the Auspack unit, but it seems like it's insides have been given a fresh update. The main one being the higher resolution screen compared to the bulk of the other units out there. Most of the 7 inch screens you find on these things are 480x234. This one here has an LCD screen resolution of 800x480. It also appears to be a better quality TFT screen judging from the richer colours on it. This would mean that it would hold up better in direct sunlight. As well, the interface seems to be really neat and tidy. It even has a built in digital TV tuner. If I didn't already have a head unit, I would be putting some good thought into this one.

Thanks Darryl!

That looks like a great unit!

Good value for money it seems. It must have come on only recently as I spend quit some time researching before deciding on the digi_options unit. Would have been a shame if I had missed that one!

Thanks and regards

Alfred

It must have come on only recently as I spend quit some time researching before deciding on the digi_options unit. Would have been a shame if I had missed that one!

Yeah... definitely a new one. I usually search eBay for "Aurion" every few days to see what's there. I haven't seen this one before. Most likely it is from the same factory as the Auspack unit, but they finally re-designed it.

that unit "looks" very good, but I'd like to see the IPOD interface - see if that finally got updated to something decent. And the entire functionality of the unit - Ive been seeing a trend with these units where the differences in how they are both hardware and software to be an only cosmetic difference, and that the basic functionality seems to be the same.

I don't get why after all this time they can't make a unit that functions like the factory satnav, cept with ipod and dvd player.

-EDIT-

Just had a closer look in the ebay thread, and the unit seems to scream quality. I've already sent a few questions off to the seller for more pictures etc. I might actually be tempted to buy this unit. EOI on a factory satnav anyone ? :P

Edited by Steven

Recieved a reply from the seller with a picture of the Ipod menu - not from the very same unit but the exact same software etc that's used for other cars.

So they're making improvements, but still got a fair way to go.

post-13080-1260523934_thumb.jpg

Recieved a reply from the seller with a picture of the Ipod menu - not from the very same unit but the exact same software etc that's used for other cars.

So they're making improvements, but still got a fair way to go.

Thanks Darryl and Steven! Yes, this interface looks heaps better no doubt.

See if I can sell my unit off and get my hands on this one...after all, I have all the wiring done already.

All the best

Alfred