Hello

sokahmed

Hi guys,

Bought my first Toyota - a 2006 Camry Sportivo ACV40R - in early March this year, and have been lurking around these forums since. It's an amazing place, the vibe is very friendly and there's so much useful information.

My Camry's a November 2006 model (the current shape), and I'm loving driving it around, even though I only get to see it on the weekends. The only thing I've had done to it at this point is getting the windows tinted, but am about to upgrade the in-dash audio system shortly.

I've purchased the TC09X1 from Digoptions last week, and with some luck it should arrive this week. That should add in-dash GPS, Bluetooth, DVD, audio and video to the mix. Will try to take some pics and post them and some opinions when it's all done. I've also added the reversing camera, so that should make parking a little easier (I hope). Feel free to send any questions my way if you need any more information.

That's about it for now. Catch you guys around. :)

Thanks man.

I have to say that I've extremely impressed by what you've done with your car, and the experience you've posted about upgrading your A/V setup is immensely helpful. I'm very seriously considering trading my car in for an Aurion Sportivo in the next 12 months or so ... I think Toyota just got that so right in terms of balancing the practicality, styling and pricing.

Look forward to getting more involved in this community. :)

Hahahah g'day!! Noooooo, stick with the Camry :P Although I must admit the Aurion is very very nice, would have bought one of those if it had manual transmission...

Best of luck whatever you decide to do, audio upgrade sounds fantastic. Btw, your Cam is only 3 months younger than mine :) Tint is also definitely worth it. What colour is it??

Hahaha! Thanks guys. :)

The Cam's black, although it hasn't been washed for 6 months since I bought it and is looking a very sad grey ... :( Need to get around to getting it washed and detailed one of these days. Got it tinted by Bob 'The Tinter' in Picnic Point. He's absolutely amazing, highly recommended. Used to own a couple of Solar Tint franchises, been in the game for more than 20 years. The attention to detail he paid was incredible, and he's a genuinely nice guy. Put 28% on the sides, 20% on the back (helps keep the baby cool and safe from the sun), and the car looks awesome!

Am considering getting serious sound done by Marty from SoundFX at Caringbah. He's another guy who loves his craft - incredibly knowledgeable and just loves what he does. The good thing about him is that whatever gets installed can get removed and re-used in the next car, which I'm pretty sure will be either another Camry or an Aurion. Let's see ... pretty hard to justify the outlay when I only get to drive around to do groceries every other weekend! :D

Ok, the GPS Audio / video unit is here! :yahoo:

Showed up at my desk this morning. Have been looking at it and restraining myself to rip the box open and get it out, but will wait till I get home so I don't have to re-pack the box. Will start up a new thread on it shortly, and hopefully put up lots of pics as well. Am getting a mate to come over and install it this weekend assuming both our missuses don't get upset at the boys playing with the toys instead of doing weekend chores. :whistling:

Watch this space.

Thanks mate.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I just keep reminding myself that I only drive about 30km per week, on the weekends ... but hey, might as well get the groceries in style ... B)