Evo's 1zz

Evo7

The blitz piggy back doesn't do any ignition manipulation, just adds pulsewidth to the injector signals.

The car should run OK with the charger installed but without the piggyback installed, as the charger clutch wont be engaged.

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The blitz piggy back doesn't do any ignition manipulation, just adds pulsewidth to the injector signals.

The car should run OK with the charger installed but without the piggyback installed, as the charger clutch wont be engaged.

so it wont boost without any electronics?

looking @ the wiring diagram, it looks fairly simple to install.

does the piggyback even read airflow? or does it just change the pulse by a predetermined amount?

edit: or does it change pulse by altering airflow signal into the ecu(ala emanage, safc, etc)

i have printed off the Yaris charger manual,

and the ECU's are very much the same, other then the Pinout for the cars are different.

So highly recommended NOT to drive it until its all wired up?

That means the car will just try to be sucking in air to the intake manifold gasping for air... bad for the engine.

Evo

and the ECU's are very much the same, other then the Pinout for the cars are different.

That means the car will just try to be sucking in air to the intake manifold gasping for air... bad for the engine.

Evo

its only like 8 wires, just wire it up yourself :P

also, in the screendump i posted, the jap characters under the numbers are the colors of the wires afaik. which will help :P

Evo

also, in the screendump i posted, the jap characters under the numbers are the colors of the wires afaik. which will help :P

UM... NO!

yes, they are the colours of the wires... hard to understand, but i have good help :D

CHA54,

did you get my PM?

Evo

Evo

UM... NO!

yes, they are the colours of the wires... hard to understand, but i have good help :D

CHA54,

did you get my PM?

Evo

if i can wire my piggy back in, which does ignition and fuel, you can do your little fuel only one.

espically when two of the wires are power... that only leaves 6 :P

Evo

UM... NO!

CHA54,

did you get my PM?

Evo

if i can wire my piggy back in, which does ignition and fuel, you can do your little fuel only one.

That maybe true,

but there s also wiring for the SC clutch to engage/disengage at a certain point in the revvs i think.

Evo

Evo

UM... NO!

CHA54,

did you get my PM?

Evo

That maybe true,

but there s also wiring for the SC clutch to engage/disengage at a certain point in the revvs i think.

Evo

yeah, it will just sense from the ignitor probably.

Evo

UM... NO!

CHA54,

did you get my PM?

Evo

That maybe true,

Evo

yeah, it will just sense from the ignitor probably.

i'll get pics of all the components tonight when i get home.

Evo

the only wire from the "activation box" to the ECU that would have anything to do with supercharger clutch actuation is the VTA splice (TPS signal). The tach signal is also tapped by the fuel interceptor, which has an output that splices onto the supercharger clutch activation relay. Probably safe to say that the charger is switched by Throttle position.

the only wire from the "activation box" to the ECU that would have anything to do with supercharger clutch actuation is the VTA splice (TPS signal). The tach signal is also tapped by the fuel interceptor, which has an output that splices onto the supercharger clutch activation relay. Probably safe to say that the charger is switched by Throttle position.

actually that would make more sense... having the s/c making high boost @ 1/4 throttle seems pointless.

as a sidenote, this seems somewhat more complex than a turbo setup...

not really, it's all quite simple. Could do the same thing with an emanage ultimate if you wanted, using one of the ultimate's outputs to trigger the supercharger clutch relay.

not really, it's all quite simple. Could do the same thing with an emanage ultimate if you wanted, using one of the ultimate's outputs to trigger the supercharger clutch relay.

maybe im just used to how a turbo works... its the whole s/c clutch to control boost/whatever that gets me.

wastegates/actuators make more sense to me :P

Stayed up till late last night, and worked out all the wiring except for the ECU, i have labeled all the wires to where they go, and all i need to do is translate which colour is to tap into the ECU wiring.

Which i will do now :D

Also, where is my ECU located in the car??? is it behind the glovebox, and if so, i do i get access to it?

Evo

ECU sits beneath the glovebox in a ZZE, easiest way to get at the plugs is to unclip the glovebox from the dash and move it out of the way.

I would wire the plugs based on pin-position, toyota has been known to change wire colours over the years.