Tinted windows

35% is the darkest legal, so therefore a tint darker than this will be illegal.

That said, depending on the car etc, a 30% may not look much different to a 35% tint. Most of the time you can manage to get away with it (some even get away with a 20% tint), but bear in mind you can be defected for it. When that happens, there's no point in complaining. If you choose to go darker than 35%, you accept the risks.

Something to keep in mind also is if you ever have an insurance claim, Your insurance company can wipe your claim if they find that your tint is darker than 35%.

I was talking to a tint guy a few weeks back and he said that if you put say 20% tint on the back window that it makes the side windows look much darker. He said he does the tint testing for any insurance claims and only the side windows are required to be tested unless you say reverse into someone and the rear window was the cause of the accident.

at TAC that is a very good price.

the most we could drop it down to was $275 and rrp is $395. You have got a very good price, but bear in mind you wont have warrenty as you are going for an illegal tint. If your going for illegal i personally would of gone 18%. i have never ever had a problem and have had 18% on 4 different cars over the last 5 years.

I used to work at Tint a car in fivedock so thats how i know the ins and outs of TAC.

I got my sportivo done with 20% tints and I have to say that they are dark enough for privacy and not much light getting through but they don't look too dark. I'm really happy with the 20% and they turned out great. I think Michelle(M_M) would agree with me on that =D

I also got 20% tint on my car.

they are not too dark during the day and at night they are pretty dark if you want privacy.

Had it on for more than 3 years, no problem with the police.

as you can see on the picture the back looks darker than the front windows.

post-4178-1250030999_thumb.jpg

Edited by Denz-Sportivo

I have 15% n a black rolla very scared when i think about insurance :\ I asked the dude to do 20% but he recons same darkness, so me the idiot said 15% is fine then. Its DARKK! but I still find it ok at night. Would probably recommend 20%. I got it done for $180 so if anyone is interested let me know.

ps. looookss heapppsss goooddd :)

Serge

Edited by Sergio...

Guys i did a big mistake i want it to go 5%, he show me the material and i like it, it wasnt so dark. But when my car is done its to DARK!!! now im worry about the cops and the insurance. Maybe ill have to redo it to lighter now its going to cost me $295 again ;(

post-9803-1250147405_thumb.jpg

post-9803-1250147456_thumb.jpg

Guys i did a big mistake i want it to go 5%, he show me the material and i like it, it wasnt so dark. But when my car is done its to DARK!!! now im worry about the cops and the insurance. Maybe ill have to redo it to lighter now its going to cost me $295 again ;(

Looks much different when put onto the car doesn't it. It's because most likely when he showed you the film, there was close to equal amounts of light on either side. Take the light away from one side and it makes a huge difference.

That's screaming to be pulled over by a cop. That's nearly like the limo tint.

Not only would it look funny, it would probably make it a lot more obvious that the rear ones are illegal too. I reckon either just keep it as it is, or change the tint altogether, keeping in mind they will probably charge you something like $50 to remove the old one too.

cheers guys, im going to get it done this thursday at Tint a Car, for $295. I hope im not paying to much, btw Tint a Car have winter special tint for $250 at 35% at western suburb at melbourne.

Is this winter special still on? And is this only on the westside? Thanks.

that is hella dark haha.

in my opinion...you should have gotten 35%,

it's legal so theres no worries about being defected or voiding insurance policies etc.

should have known that 5% would be epic darkness though :huh:

Like others have said, 5% is what Limo's use, lol.

I have 35% all-round, however sometimes I do wish I had gotten 25%. At least now I don't have to worry about legality. :)

Im bringing my car back next tuesday to redo the tint again to 20% all round except the back it will cost me $150. The guy at tint a car said its going to be very difficult to get rid of the back, it will cost me another $100 to get that off!

Im wondering would it look odd? Maybe it will look alrite cuz the 4 windows its bit more lighter and more light coming through, that will make the back abit lighter.

Just got my car re tint guys. I went to 20%, so far it looks pretty light to me. From dark to light its so obvious. Wish i got a little bit darker say around 15%. Whats done is done no more money spend!

I will post pictures tomorrow see what u guys think.