need help a.s.a.p

ive found an APEXI exhaust5 muffler on ebay brand new.

any way what i wanna know is its a 2" inlet and 3" outlet will that fit ok on my sportivo?

or will i need 2 1/4" to 2 1/2" for it to be useful and fit properly?

plus is APEXI a good brand?

any would would be greatly appreciated because the auction is ending soon and i wanna get but i dont to purchase it and then not be able to use it.

thanks

hey,

i'm pretty sure that the exhaust are 2 1/4 or 2 1/2, definitely not 2"

the normal 1zz are 2".

maybe someone can back me up...

eveh tho i've got the stivo exhaust... sigh....

yeh my 1zz levin engine (the 100kw one) only has a 2" inlet. im sure the sportivos are more than that.

u can always fit an exhaust with a bigger inlet, just needs a bit of modifying. although, when i put an exhaust with a 3" inlet on my car, i lost power. so u might wanna be careful.

sweet thanks mate now i just need to know if it would be sweet to have a 2" inlet on the muffler attached to the slightly larger exhaust i already have.

or if it would be better to just wait and find one with a 2 1/2" inlet instead.

sweet thanks mate now i just need to know if it would be sweet to have a 2" inlet on the muffler attached to the slightly larger exhaust i already have.

or if it would be better to just wait and find one with a 2 1/2" inlet instead.

slightly larger ??? um....I dun have much idea, however, it seems you also doubt about to buy or not to buy.

Don't let the 29 mins push you, I suggest you should wait and get a deal later which you will be 100% satisfy. :D

Outlet isn't a problem but the 2" inlet is smaller than standard. Standard they are just a bit smaller than 2 1/4" so performance gains will probably be hampered but it'll look great under the back of your car. Depends on whether you want the noise/look or the performance gain. :D

it is a 2" inlet on the 1zz but i got TRD extractors which were designed for the stivo which is either 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" im not exactly sure, but i got them modified for my car... so either way, its not so bad if the exhaust doesn't fit, just need to do some chopping! :P

While we're on this topic, while I'd love a Remus muffler, the cost is a little bit steep ... does anyone know of a less expensive muffler for the 1ZZ that offers a nice, almost standard volume when cruising, but will open up a bit when you put the boot in?

i must say,

i took my standard exhaust off and put on a stock sportivo cat back.

even though due to the fact that there was some restriction in the welding at the muffler from previous work, on the dyno before and after still gave me a 3kw gain.

can't hear a thing when cruising or idling... but when you floor it... that's another story...

Ive put on a Lukey muffler, with twin 3inch tips... The sound is deep and nice. Not loud when not pushing it, but when u want some nice deep noise its there. looks phat aswell, a far cry from the standard ascent little black thing :ph34r:. i've had a lot of comments about the sound, all good.. The biggest comment i get is about the note it makes, very nice im extremely happy with lukey..but performance wise im not sure.. as im on my P's performance is not an option... YET :lol:

Ive put on a Lukey muffler, with twin 3inch tips... The sound is deep and nice. Not loud when not pushing it, but when u want some nice deep noise its there. looks phat aswell, a far cry from the standard ascent little black thing :ph34r:. i've had a lot of comments about the sound, all good.. The biggest comment i get is about the note it makes, very nice im extremely happy with lukey..but performance wise im not sure.. as im on my P's performance is not an option... YET :lol:

Hey C-rolla, do you remember which model Lukey you fitted (Ultra Flo, Turbo, etc)?

Hey C-rolla, do you remember which model Lukey you fitted (Ultra Flo, Turbo, etc)?

yeah i remember its an ultra flow muffler... i didnt remember at first but i checked and the tips branch out from the middle of the muffler, and that follows the layout of the ultra flow muffler.. ill post a pick to show you wat it looks.... doesnt look bad i dont think, doesnt look out of place compared to ones i have seen, like a big huge f**kn 5inch tip on like a mirage

post-213-1114426125_thumb.jpg

Edited by C-rolla

yeah i remember its an ultra flow muffler... i didnt remember at first but i checked and the tips branch out from the middle of the muffler, and that follows the layout of the ultra flow muffler.. ill post a pick to show you wat it looks.... doesnt look bad i dont think, doesnt look out of place compared to ones i have seen, like a big huge f**kn 5inch tip on like a mirage

post-213-1114426125_thumb.jpg

I reckon it looks great, classic twin pipes and without the current trend of mufflers that are so low, you can't go over a bridge without scraping the expansion joints! :P

I reckon it looks great, classic twin pipes and without the current trend of mufflers that are so low, you can't go over a bridge without scraping the expansion joints! :P

yeahh.. thanks mate, thats exactly why i went for wat i got.. doesnt look outta place or stupid.. does the job and does it well.. i think so atleast

I called the state distributor and they pointed me to the most convenient outlet for installation. I don't know who it would be for QLD but I can give you the details for the VIC one and maybe they can point you in the right direction.