[VIC] Melb October Meet - Sunday 25th October

I should be alright for this providing my finances are up to scratch this time round. (Buying stuff for your Aurion is bad for your health, and bad for your wallet, true story!)

Need to get my hands on a walkie-talkie of sorts this time, i hear it makes the trip more interesting. Pity I didn't have one on the big meet. :(

Can't wait! :D

(I know I haven't been very active here lately, work has been just really beating down on me and yeah, when ya get home and just go to bed. It's painful. :(

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay everybody, apologies for the delay but I have been busily working on the cruise route!! Initial meeting point will be 10am at Peppers Paddock Reserve, 13 Kangaroo Ground Rd Wattle Glen VIC 3096 - up to yourselves to get there, but thats half the fun too :) Kick off is at 10:30 am SHARP and will proceed to Kinglake, lunch at the Grand Hotel Healesville, then onto Yarra Glen, more twists down behind Sugarloaf Reservoir and then back to the initial meeting point.

Please find Word doco (zip file) on Page 1 with cruise route, there are some screenshots missing due to missing satellite imagery or Google playing up. I am still looking for a cruise 'leader', I've never driven the route before so it'd be preferable for someone who has to be up front. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it down next weekend for a recon cruise, but if someone else wants to that'd be brilliant.

Anyways let me know what you think and if there are any tweaks that may need to be mad. Confirmation of final numbers would be good also so I can ring the pub and make a booking for lunch. Thanks! :D

Edited by Tash

tash; i doubt i could make such an early start (i live probably a 4 hour drive from the meeting point). i have 3 birthday parties each night leading up to that day. if there is a meet up this summer, ill be there 100%

Ahh bugger :( Have set the time as such so we can take our time and enjoy the late morning and make it for a good lunch in Healesville. I myself am looking at just under two hours to get there, so it'll be an early start for me! There will definitely be more meets in future, the aim is to have them on the last Sunday of every month - the next one will probably be a meet & photos somewhere again, but there was a lot of interest to do a cruise again hence I've put together this little one.

I should be good for that date! :D

Excellent, you better! :P

Sounds like it is all coming along nicely Tash! Good work!! :toast:

Hehehe thanks :D Hoping that it should be a great sunny day and a good cruise for those that can make it! Hope to catch up with you at next month's meet :)

i think im going for sure... but dont confirm me as yet. I havent recieved my vicroad letter yet...

No worries mate, hence the ? beside your name :)

given where i live, i frequent these areas when im bored, so im happy to be the 'leader' :P

however, please note that due to the bushfires, theres been a lot of roadworks in all these areas, so its not going to be a fast run. a lot of speed limits have also been changed, so a very mature driving attitude is required. especially on heidelberg-kinglake road, because all thats stopping you from going over the edge of a cliff is about 1 metre!

Edited by lateralus

given where i live, i frequent these areas when im bored, so im happy to be the 'leader' :P

however, please note that due to the bushfires, theres been a lot of roadworks in all these areas, so its not going to be a fast run. a lot of speed limits have also been changed, so a very mature driving attitude is required. especially on heidelberg-kinglake road, because all thats stopping you from going over the edge of a cliff is about 1 metre!

Excellent, thank you very much for your kind offer to be up front :) Totally agree with what you've written too, I'm pitching this as a more gentle cruise run given there are a few of us who have not done it before and are really going along so we can check out the area since the fires and what not. So yeah, won't be a fast run!

Besides!

A fast run means we have to find something to do for longer in the day. :P

If we spend time actually taking it easy and be nice and smooth, we can take more time. Heh. (providing we get to where we need in time tho)

Heheh exactly :) I reckon we should get to Healesville pretty much right on lunch time. Am hoping there might be opportunity for some pictures somewhere along the line too.

Holy crap. I think I just realised I may be the only 2GR-FE powered vehicle on this cruise! Scary. At least the Gold Cousins are going to finally make an apppearance together!

(Tash's Camry and my Aurion I mean. haha)

im a yes, and i might be bringing a 2j and a 1j along

Excellent :D

Holy crap. I think I just realised I may be the only 2GR-FE powered vehicle on this cruise! Scary. At least the Gold Cousins are going to finally make an apppearance together!

Hahah you might be - no word from Lee so I guess he can't make it. Lol yes that is true too, we MUST take some photos somewhere this time around!

Hahah you might be - no word from Lee so I guess he can't make it. Lol yes that is true too, we MUST take some photos somewhere this time around!

Hey Tash...yeah i'm still not sure whether this is going to clash with a family thing...fingers crossed i will know mid to late next week if i'm a YES or NO for the cruise. :unsure:

Hey Tash...yeah i'm still not sure whether this is going to clash with a family thing...fingers crossed i will know mid to late next week if i'm a YES or NO for the cruise. :unsure:

No worries - you've gotta do what you've gotta do :) There is always the October meet to come heheheh

sorry its been a while since i have been on here. not sure where i should be putting this but ill do it here. i have some bad news to report and for some of you guys to keep an eye out for. I am currently house sitting at my cousins house - my car was parked outside on the street here in ormond and my personalised 'R35PCT' (respect) number plates were stolen off my car, both front and back, so if anyone comes across or happens to see or hear anything about these please let me know. it has been reported to police and vicroads and some new plates have been reisssues.... damn things cost me $100, but its all worth it. just thought i would keep you updated and the plates should be here in about 14days.... so i think i will have to give the cruise a miss...

sorry its been a while since i have been on here. not sure where i should be putting this but ill do it here. i have some bad news to report and for some of you guys to keep an eye out for. I am currently house sitting at my cousins house - my car was parked outside on the street here in ormond and my personalised 'R35PCT' (respect) number plates were stolen off my car, both front and back, so if anyone comes across or happens to see or hear anything about these please let me know. it has been reported to police and vicroads and some new plates have been reisssues.... damn things cost me $100, but its all worth it. just thought i would keep you updated and the plates should be here in about 14days.... so i think i will have to give the cruise a miss...

pwoahh, bad luck man.. so what do you want us to do if we see them around?

Is that a trick question?

note down the car, make model, get a description of the drivers...

be clever, start a conversation with the "theif" tell them you want to buy their car, and ask for their phone number. No doubt the car will be a stolen car, so they will want to off load it.

then come back here, and post the details so it can get sorted properly.

Aww I'm sorry to hear that :( Just brings home the importance of making it as hard as possible for thieves to steal e.g. anti-theft screws/bolts and plate frames. Hopefully the police can find them, it's highly likely it's not the first or last time they'll do it. And at least by reporting it to all authorities you have evidence if for instance the thieves use them and you get a speeding ticket etc There are some pricks out there for sure..

On a lighter note is there anyone else that can make it along??

Is that a trick question?

note down the car, make model, get a description of the drivers...

be clever, start a conversation with the "theif" tell them you want to buy their car, and ask for their phone number. No doubt the car will be a stolen car, so they will want to off load it.

then come back here, and post the details so it can get sorted properly.

to think you thougght i was serious xD, ur pretty smart man, if only everyone thinks like you! ahaha

Me and my Aurion are both totally gutted,we can't make this weekends cruise/meet :( family first (unfortunatley)...hopefully i can make the next one whenever that is?

p.s Please take plenty of photos so i can pretend i was there while i'm looking at em... :lol: