[VIC] Melb October Meet - Sunday 25th October

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry, would love to come, but the 25th isnt good for me. i'll be at calder raceway fanging a v8 supercar :P

Hahaha noice! I *might* be able to check out the route next weekend but not sure, otherwise we'll just see how we go on the day! Only a gentle run so I spose we don't really need a "leader" as such.

count me in, this will be my very first drive with any of the TOCA people.

Fantastic!! Will add your name to the list :)

:(

I fear my Aurion may be off the road for a few weeks as I was travelling down a road near my place when due to the fact I need to get headlights that actually work, I did not see the rock twice the size of a football in the middle of the road and it's smashed under the car doing about 100km/h. From what I heard it sounded like it's smashed right into the lower strut brace i installed. I fear it may have bent it significantly as now under acceleration, I can hear the exhaust rattling hard against it. :(

I won't know for sure until I get the car up on a hoist to find out the extent of the damage. But will keep you all posted. If it IS just the lower strut brace and nothing else is bad, i'll just remove it for now. :S

Hahaha noice! I *might* be able to check out the route next weekend but not sure, otherwise we'll just see how we go on the day! Only a gentle run so I spose we don't really need a "leader" as such.

Yeah, don't want any trouble do we? Plus, we don't know how much traffic there will be on that day..taking it easy, windows down, enjoying the scenery and snap photos here and there for sure. :D

I fear my Aurion may be off the road for a few weeks as I was travelling down a road near my place when due to the fact I need to get headlights that actually work, I did not see the rock twice the size of a football in the middle of the road and it's smashed under the car doing about 100km/h. From what I heard it sounded like it's smashed right into the lower strut brace i installed. I fear it may have bent it significantly as now under acceleration, I can hear the exhaust rattling hard against it. :(

I won't know for sure until I get the car up on a hoist to find out the extent of the damage. But will keep you all posted. If it IS just the lower strut brace and nothing else is bad, i'll just remove it for now. :S

Oh no..tell us how it goes! Hopefully you can make it to this one! :)

Better add me to the list Tash...thanks mate :)

No worries matey ;)

Yeah, don't want any trouble do we? Plus, we don't know how much traffic there will be on that day..taking it easy, windows down, enjoying the scenery and snap photos here and there for sure. :D

Oh no..tell us how it goes! Hopefully you can make it to this one! :)

Oh damn :( Well I spose fingers crossed it is just the brace that's caught the brunt of it... If you can't make it with the car I can probably get up super early and come get you beforehand? You can just be a passenger instead hehehe

Tash, you know I'm already there?! :P

Vinh

Hahaha sorry Vinh! I'll add you post haste :lol:

Edited by Tash

Okay guys, the brace actually looks rather ok. Nothing else seems to be damaged however I think something may have come loose. The brace actually affixes itself to the main structure of the car, the bolts are FREAKIN HUGE! like... 30cm long!

so what i will have to do is get the car up on jacks and tighten it.

Okay guys, the brace actually looks rather ok. Nothing else seems to be damaged however I think something may have come loose. The brace actually affixes itself to the main structure of the car, the bolts are FREAKIN HUGE! like... 30cm long!

so what i will have to do is get the car up on jacks and tighten it.

*Phew*! That's pretty good news then, glad the damage is not as bad as initially thought :)

Yeah it's definately exhaust related by the sounds of it, the bars perfectly fine. It looks like we need ot modify the exhaust if i want to keep the stabiliser bars there.

It only happens under full throttle acceleration (so its relative to the engine turning under torque).

either way...

not long to go now guys! can't wait! :D

Some bad but good news guys and girls. Unfortunately i cant make the cruise anymore as i am now sporting a superbly broken diff. Should be out of action for quite some time now.

Good news is that i will now be starting the next stage of upgrades which include r31 borgwarner diff with LSD and townace 5 speed (conversion to hydraulic clutch) and subsequential brake upgrade.

Hope you guys have a great time and keep it safe out there.

Matt.

I wont be able to make it anymore guys...

If there is a ZRE or VIC Drive Day next month, let me know, I really want to do one!!!

Cheers.

Paul.

No worries mate - we try to have a regular monthly meet-up on the last Sunday of every month, although dunno what we will be doing next month just yet!

Some bad but good news guys and girls. Unfortunately i cant make the cruise anymore as i am now sporting a superbly broken diff. Should be out of action for quite some time now.

Good news is that i will now be starting the next stage of upgrades which include r31 borgwarner diff with LSD and townace 5 speed (conversion to hydraulic clutch) and subsequential brake upgrade.

Hope you guys have a great time and keep it safe out there.

Matt.

Hey Matt, what a bugger! Although you thought you were going to do the gearbox on the cruise anyway but now you've got the excuse to do it earlier hehe Best of luck with those upgrades, can't wait to see how it turns out! :D

Anyone else coming along?? Looking forward to it - not long to go now! :clap:

I wont be able to make it anymore guys...

If there is a ZRE or VIC Drive Day next month, let me know, I really want to do one!!!

Cheers.

Paul.

I'll be there :P (hopefully) make it the 28th!

Sorry tash, cant make it to the meet this weekend.

John

No worries John - might catch up with you next time!

The weather isnt looking too goo unfortunately but that isn't stopping me from going!

Heheh well you never know!! Technically the initial weather forecast said yesterday & today were only going to be 17-18 degrees but it's been nicer than that and has actually been a pretty good week. So fingers crossed :) Am very much looking forward to checking out the scenery up that way!

Well I pre-washed the car today. (I washed it today, and ill wash it Saturday and prolly Sunday too haha...)

It really needed it heh. I am also looking to obtain 4 walkie-talkies which should be fine for a couple of cars to use. I'll let you know how it goes.

Looking forward to this!!! Wooo a few more days!! Apparently, weather is alright, morning showers only..

Btw Tash, I got a friend to come along (should be), he just bought a sportivo off one of the guys here a month or two back. :D

Well I pre-washed the car today. (I washed it today, and ill wash it Saturday and prolly Sunday too haha...)

It really needed it heh. I am also looking to obtain 4 walkie-talkies which should be fine for a couple of cars to use. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hahaha - mine will get it either tomorrow or Saturday evening, need to get all the bugs off the front end lol That'd be good if you could snag a couple of extras :)

Looking forward to this!!! Wooo a few more days!! Apparently, weather is alright, morning showers only..

Btw Tash, I got a friend to come along (should be), he just bought a sportivo off one of the guys here a month or two back. :D

Heheh hooray!! Morning showers only would be good - will just have to wait & see what the weather brings! No worries Peter, sounds good to me, am sure he's probably keen to get out there and have a good run in it :D

i cant make it sorry guys....busy playing with my new twincam that will be registered on Monday :)

No worries, you've got a good enough excuse :P Hehehe...

I know it might sound a bit wimpy but i broke my thumb on thursday at work,saw the doc today and had the x-ray to confirm...sorry will miss sunday as it's the size and color of an eggplant and freakin painful so just sitting at home for a few days recovering :(

Bugger 1stKill. :( Get better man.

So who's actually going now. The driverlist hasnt been updated recently and I was a bit confused as to who was going or what haha.