• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Selling LENSO GT-05 19"

100_4679__2.JPG

sm_GT05_S.jpg

I am in absolute love with these wheels but need to sell them as car needs to be turned into a more suitable drive for my wife and family.

They have no gutter rash and are in good condition. More close up photos on expression of interest.

2 x rubber at end of life

2 x rubber with 2mm of tread left.

No shipping. Pick up or meet only. Sydney Only. I live in Western Sydney.

I might be interested in swapping with 17" Genuine Toyota Alloys.

LENSO GT-05

Size: 19X8

Fitment: 5x114.3

Colour/Finish: Shadow Chrome/Mirror Lip

Price: $1100

Just when I thought WHAT's NEW! :(

Quick question, why isn't it suitable as it is now?

Sorry to disappoint!

1. Ride is too bumpy for long drive country drives. And the wheels make it impossible to use the drive way at our farm.

2. Shoes are more expensive. I want to buy a 4wd and don't want to spend anything but the bare min on the Aurion.

3. Wife doesn't look where she is going and will scratch up the wheels that I am still in love with.

• 4 months later...

With the wheels I have decided:

• I will fix the gutter rash with some sort of liquid metal yet to be decided.
  • Paint them my self (the correct way!!!!)
  • Or get them sandblasted and powder coated

At this point in time I am leaning more towards painting them my self as I believe I will get a better result at the expense of a lot more effort.
I have a few options:
  • Paint them all completely some sort of dark gray or gun metal grey with gloss
  • Paint them all completely some sort of light OEM looking grey/silver with gloss
  • Paint only the lip dark grey or silver

If I go dark I will spray my spare fog light covers a glossy black and remove the bottom grill chrome strip.

Thoughts anyone? Anyone with some shop skills that might be able to help me out?

That's not two "new additions" in one day is it? :(

With the design of your rims I suggest all one colour,lip included, something dark

No the were 2 weeks apart, but both from the same garage entry/exit at work. The first time it happened my whole week was ruining becasue it was the first real damage I've done to the wheels and car but the second time I was fine. LOL.

• 1 month later...

My K&N Air Filter just arrived at the office!

I'm not sure if there will be any noise difference but we will soon know.

Picture attached (Yes, I bought more than one and yeah I do know they are reusable).

post-14100-0-01781300-1317959980_thumb.j

Needs more Taco love :P

why buy 1, when you can buy in bulk XD

and let us know how the new filters go, will probably breath alot better.

Evo

I had a K&N panel filter and made absolutely no difference in power or nosie. Should have got the K&N Typhoon intake. No power increase but make a wonderful sound. Almost sounds like a V8.

I had a K&N panel filter and made absolutely no difference in power or nosie. Should have got the K&N Typhoon intake. No power increase but make a wonderful sound. Almost sounds like a V8.

I had considered the CAI but I didn't want to spend that much on something that did basically nothing but provide more noise. Its hard to justify wasting money on a family car especially when I am in the process of selling my house and buying another.

The K&N filter has a noticeably different tone but it isn't enough to arouse suspicion/whinges from the wife. Plus it is only twice the cost of an OEM filter and it is reusable.

I've heard a few Aurions and Corollas with CAIs that sound awesome on start and idle but absolutely horrible under load but that is probably the exhaust.

• 2 months later...

Hey people. I have some good and some bad news..........

1. I had my car reversed into (bad news)

2. My wife is pregnant (semi-planned - good news) We haven't told anyone yet as it is too early. shhhhhhhh.

Basically I was reversed into at a car park. Case closed as far as I am concerned but the other driver believes it is my fault. At the end of the day I was reversed into while I was going forward. Pictures of damage below clearly show the direction of the hit and that it is near impossible for me to have hit the other car.

My wife was in the car at the time as well and I was worried that the shock had induced a miscarriage but she seems fine. She is only 5 1/2 weeks preggers at the moment so we have to wait until next week to have an ultrasound to determine if there is a heart beat. On top of all this the son of the driver was threatening physical abuse at me. I wasn't really too worried as he seemed like a **** talker and never actually stepped at me when he said it. Either way I got my wife to call her lebo brother. I'm glad I didn't decide to call my brother because he would have gone agro on the douche.

The damage as far as I can tell is completely cosmetic but my wheel was damaged on the inner part (see white marks on gray area) that I think is probably not possible to repair to the original state. I'd like to get peoples though on this because I really want to get paid out for the wheels.

Unless I can convince my wife to buy another car I will likely swap my car with my wife's as she has a 2000 Ford Laser which I don't want here to drive while pregnant. Unfortuantely it isn't a TRD laser.

post-14100-0-77626200-1324596754_thumb.j

post-14100-0-84375100-1324596767_thumb.j

post-14100-0-20985300-1324596864_thumb.j

That sucked bro.. How hard did it hit? Make sure wife's ok. First things first.

How was this even possible? Reversed into.. Was he even looking at his rear mirror?

Some sh*theads need to learn threats dont work, especially to lebo families/relatives. <_< <_<

Keep us posted..

• 2 weeks later...

wow - dang that sucks mann >=/ ! hope your wife and kid is okay though !

Thanks Man.

That sucked bro.. How hard did it hit? Make sure wife's ok. First things first.

How was this even possible? Reversed into.. Was he even looking at his rear mirror?

Some sh*theads need to learn threats dont work, especially to lebo families/relatives. <_< <_<

Keep us posted..

Thanks Vick.

Not very hard. The wife is all ok, we had the 7 week ultrasound and it was 4.5mm long!!

All the body damage should be fixed by Tuesday but they have to send the wheel away for assessment. I hope they just give me the money for the wheels as downgrading in size to make the car more family friendly and the extra cash would come in very handy right now.

It is obvious that she wasn't looking where she was reversing.

• 1 month later...

As Vic pointed out, I have been slack updating this thread on what happened with my insurance.... so here goes.

The damage to the car has been fixed by Silverwater Smash and they did a supremo job. I cant fault it and they colour matched the plastic/metal better than factory.

The wheels could not be fixed without applying heat (GIO insurance policy not to repair wheels using heat) so I was paid out for the damage to that single wheel + tyre a total of $940. Yes, $940 for one wheel and one tyre.

The wheel and tyre damage are completely superficial so I am still using them on the car. I plan to fix the damaged wheel and spray all of them using 2pack but I am undecided on the colour as yet and I'm going to miss the chrome lip.

My wife is still pregers and she is now at 4 months. Not long now and I can actually use my family car as a family car. On that note, I need to replace my wifes car and I'm thinking of a Camry Hybrid as an option.