Cya Bye's ride

httttt

Nice rims!! And very neat and mint ride!

FYI everyone, I found a anti-moding bug agent.... it is called getting engaged. Lucky I bought the Aurion, lowered it, and put rims on it when I did because its the last "toy" I will be able to afford for a while yet.

Congrats!!

D35

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I blocked off the lower resonator today and can definitely hear the difference after 3500rpm..

The car idled 500rpm higher than usual for about 2 minutes then went down to normal idle speed.

I blocked off the lower resonator today and can definitely hear the difference after 3500rpm..

The car idled 500rpm higher than usual for about 2 minutes then went down to normal idle speed.

I was starting to think you were crazy being able to hear a difference after removing the lower resonator because I could not hear anything. Then I remembered that at the same time, I changed my intake vacuum hoses around which pretty much cancels out that lower path.

Now you need to do that same and also change the upper resonator. Then you will really hear the difference.

I was starting to think you were crazy being able to hear a difference after removing the lower resonator because I could not hear anything. Then I remembered that at the same time, I changed my intake vacuum hoses around which pretty much cancels out that lower path.

Now you need to do that same and also change the upper resonator. Then you will really hear the difference.

I checked the noise difference with a video cam. but then again, the reset ECU might be playing a part in the different note.

I had already changed the intake vacuum and ripped out the carbon filter a while back. Maybe I am crazy, but there was a difference in the video.

Do you have a link to what changes to the upper resonator you are talking about?

Do you have a link to what changes to the upper resonator you are talking about?

Yeah mate, over here.

Looks like this:

dsc02815sx2.th.jpg

Oh, right. thanks. I saw this earlier today.. It is way to adventurous for me at this stage. I'll do all that when/if I do the SRI but first I need to find some spare cash preferably unmarked bills that the fiancee cant trace.

New plates!

Nice. It's always funny how plates can clean up the front and rear look of a car.

Thanks. Yep! It's has a feeling of accomplishment similar to when I got the rims. I feel like the car is complete now and I'm content with it.

Attached another picture of front.

Next: Tints

ETA: 6 months :(

post-14100-1260598403_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
sex car.. and also ive been meaning to tell you that i love your name every time i read " hidden taco" and see your avatar i lol irl :)

HEHE, cheers!

It is my xbox gaming tag and I couldn't be bothered thinking of another. It doesn't have any meaning, although people seem to think "taco" is a reference to a certain female part. I get a lot of good and bad feedback when playing games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just a small update......

During my 60kish service I also got the kind gents at Lander Toyota Blacktown Service to change my Spline under warranty. At the same time they managed to break something in my dash and I get a creaky tapping noise near the front windows on the drivers side. After taking it back to them and getting someone to hear the noises they noticed that the plastic under the bonnet closest to the window should have been replaced when I had my dash clips done but wasnt. So they have ordered in a new piece of plastic to be fitted next friday.

I highly doubt this will fix the creaking issue but it will eliminate a potential cause of the problem in their perspective. Or maybe they just don't want to fix the creak noise without putting it against some Toyota warranty claim rather than a Dealer warranty claim. I am inclined to think the service department would rather get paid to fix it by Head Office rather than foot the bill them selves.

I will post up before and after pics of this plastic for reference.

FYI Lander Toyota Blacktown Service are awesome!!!!!! Lander Toyota Blacktown Used Sales are **** heads.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

So I painted the fog light covers and overall I will say I am very pleased with the results. They arnt a perfect match and they arnt perfectly smooth but they do the job.

I couldnt be bothered polishing them back to make them smooth.

p.s. dont mind the dirty car! it needs some love and attention.... sooner or later.

Befor

2010-06-08%2010.43.48.jpg

After

2010-06-08%2011.20.03.jpg

2010-06-08%2011.20.17.jpg

And I repainted the mud guards (If these last 2 months, I will be surprised.. I serverly scratched them on a drive way the last time I painted them)

2010-06-08%2011.18.33.jpg

I have also ordered in a phone holder for my new HTC Magic from clove.co.uk .. I opted to use Clove because it was much much much cheaper to purchase from them than buying through www.holdmyphone.com.au... In fact, I think I'm getting the holder and the clip together for less than half the price of just the holder from holdmyphone.

On a side note, Android phones can play music and videos via USB on the yumcha head unit I have :clap:

hey, i have the same car as you =D mm i saw your blue number plate lights and was wondering if they were legal or not? I looked around on other forums but some ppl get pulled over while others dont... They really fit the car and i want them =D just wondering if youve had trouble with them

thanks =D

It is illegal. The proof is that people get pulled over every now and then. You can give it a try, and prepare white LED bulbs. USUALLY, you'll get away with warning... Blue and red can only be used by police.

It is illegal. The proof is that people get pulled over every now and then. You can give it a try, and prepare white LED bulbs. USUALLY, you'll get away with warning... Blue and red can only be used by police.

You can use red lights on the rear of the vehicle

hey, i have the same car as you =D mm i saw your blue number plate lights and was wondering if they were legal or not? I looked around on other forums but some ppl get pulled over while others dont... They really fit the car and i want them =D just wondering if youve had trouble with them

thanks =D

They arn't blue they are white IRL, that is just the crap camera I had on hand.

You can use red lights on the rear of the vehicle

True.. Good point. Hahah. I meant blue combined with red. Since all cars have red, can't add blue to it. ^^

thanks =D

ohhh LOL zzz

wow today... ahh a marked police car drove behind me tonight with my blue number plate led's... and i thought i was going to get pulled over when he just over took me D=

... maybe it wasnt his job to care about my blue lights? LOL

thanks =D

ohhh LOL zzz

wow today... ahh a marked police car drove behind me tonight with my blue number plate led's... and i thought i was going to get pulled over when he just over took me D=

... maybe it wasnt his job to care about my blue lights? LOL

90% of all cops wouldn't really care about something like that. The other 10% will book you for anything and everything.