How to remove rear seat

menace1

Hi all

i tried to look it up, but no luck. I need to know how do you remove the rear seats

any help would be great. :)

I recall DJKOR posting on a thread to do with wiring an amp that you need to slip both hands under the seat around some sort of plastic clips then pull it up. Though I cant find that thread anymore so you should wait until someone gives you the proper steps. Also note that he said the clips were very fragile and stupidly designed so you should be quite careful

It's quite interesting to see how easily people give up on researching these days. I guess that's how people are getting though. Anyways, here is one of my answers to get you started:

How do you remove the back seat... Im getting frustrated!

The way the back seat is held down is quite shocking. In most cars you have a tab you can pull on to release it, but unfortunately on the Aurion it is just a matter of pulling the seat up with some force. There are two 'clips' that hold the seat down and it is best to squeeze your hand as close to the clip as possible and pull up. If you have larger hands, you can use a long screwdriver to lever it up. It's kind of hard to explain; but if you use a torch and look under the front end of the seat while trying to raise it, you will see what I mean.

Once that is out, you can remove the back rest portion of the seat by removing three bolts that are located near the bottom of the seat belts.

In addition, there are step-by-step instructions in the appropriate service manual:

http://www.camrystuff.com/manuals/Gen6/2GR-FE/Seat.pdf (page 47)

seatv.jpg

• 1 year later...

It's quite interesting to see how easily people give up on researching these days. I guess that's how people are getting though. Anyways, here is one of my answers to get you started:

How do you remove the back seat... Im getting frustrated!

The way the back seat is held down is quite shocking. In most cars you have a tab you can pull on to release it, but unfortunately on the Aurion it is just a matter of pulling the seat up with some force. There are two 'clips' that hold the seat down and it is best to squeeze your hand as close to the clip as possible and pull up. If you have larger hands, you can use a long screwdriver to lever it up. It's kind of hard to explain; but if you use a torch and look under the front end of the seat while trying to raise it, you will see what I mean.

Once that is out, you can remove the back rest portion of the seat by removing three bolts that are located near the bottom of the seat belts.

In addition, there are step-by-step instructions in the appropriate service manual:

http://www.camrystuff.com/manuals/Gen6/2GR-FE/Seat.pdf (page 47)

seatv.jpg

Hi sorry for bothering but am wondering if you can get in behind the top part of the back seat in an 09 aurion? I have to put the seat covers on and have no idea how to even attempt the back seats.

Hi sorry for bothering but am wondering if you can get in behind the top part of the back seat in an 09 aurion? I have to put the seat covers on and have no idea how to even attempt the back seats.

Keep following the service manual I posted there from that page onwards. If you want to do it right, you will have to remove the rear part of your seat. There are ways to do without it (like with a coathanger), but the end result isn't the greatest.

When I removed my back seat I just used some hulk force. With both hands, starts pulling up on where the middle clip is. It's very hard to remove so it's a fair amount of force.

Also like djkor said if you look at that manual it shows how to completely remove the back seat.

Edited by Silver-Aurion

When I removed my back seat I just used some hulk force. With both hands, starts pulling up on where the middle clip is. It's very hard to remove so it's a fair amount of force.

Yeah. They sure do grip in quite a bit don't they. What I found worse though was getting it to clip back in. When you are on your own, it's not exactly what I would define as easy to get all three clips to engage.

Yeah. They sure do grip in quite a bit don't they. What I found worse though was getting it to clip back in. When you are on your own, it's not exactly what I would define as easy to get all three clips to engage.

Yeah, I was confident taking the back seat out since I had removed the back seat in my 97 camry few times so I had some prior experience.

It's amazing that it's completely the same design even after that many years.

I didn't have much trouble putting it back in. Only trouble I had was I couldn't remember how the two seat belt buckles that are side by side went back up. Thankfully I used my brain and looked at some interior pictures of the aurions rear seats on the net and all was then clear.