That would be right

WildfireATX

Ok so i put the "low" pedders springs in thinking the missus wouldnt notice and well she didnt cos she's just told me to go and order the super low king springs off my mate for chistmas!!!!

Conundrum!! Though i must say $216 for the front and back king springs is a good price. So maybe i'll get the superlows and give the low's to my friend for his aurion. Then me and my bro will change em out again!

Just goes to show what women notice i guess.

HMMMM. I have my King Springs sitting in the garage waiting to be installed....

I wonder if my fiance will notice after I install them. :P

It is funny your Mrs noticed then wanted it lower..

I'm not sure super lows are a good option especially on the stock shocks. Did you purchase a family car and not want passengers or anything in the boot?

I think I better jump in on this discussion so it doesn't get out of hand.

When it comes to King springs for the Aurion... there is no 'Super Low' option.

That said, the 'low' springs you put in the Aurion are actually Kings Super Lows for the Gen 4 Camry. It just happens to turn out that Super Low Gen 4 Camry springs fit the Aurion and they consider it's drop to be low and not super low.

Just so you know, the 'low' springs Rowan has in his Aurion are in fact the Gen 4 Super Lows.

Killing shocks quickly is relative to how hard you drive just installing lower springs will not destroy the shocks outright unless you drive it like you stole it everywhere and constantly load the corners up with weight. I understand it will reduce the life but when they go i'll replace them.

You can say wrong but are they going to fall out of the car? nope and when they go am i going to replace them... yup. Do i care? nope cos my bro's a mechanic with access to a hoist and air tools i can get parts cheap cheap so when they go i'll replace them. So realistically do i have to do whatever you guys say? nope.

And as far as shock absorbers actually failing its not gonna happen overnight.

No i didnt miss it i understand. All i am saying is, is there an epidemic of people changing shock absorbers after they onyl do springs? i dont hear about it. Just talked to my bro he says yeah they do work a little ahrder but unless your going to abuse the car dont worry the shockies may have say 20% less life in them.

the point of the conversation is that my missus bought me something i already have but will want them in the car!!!

So I do realise they arent super low and I DONT CARE its about keeping the woman happy.

But of course everyone wants to give me advice i dont have to take then gets pissy when i dont!

Time to realise an opinion is just that!

:lol: I completely miss read your original post!!!

I thought she DID notice but wanted it lower.... She actual DIDNT notice and told you to buy spring for chirsy. LOL!!!

Ok, you are doomed if she finds out. I guess you can distract her with jewelry or something.. Get foggies instead.

I was going to. Sorry if i seem snappy fella's trying to give up the smokes as of today!

I know all your advice is meant well and i listen to everyones opinion. But at the end of the day i'm gonna do as i like if your advice changes my mind so be it. But i'm much more concerned about the little woman and her well meant gift than anyone here's opinion.

Lol keep the other half happy and it should equal more then more mods :P

out of interest as i too am looking an dropping my ZR6 abit now that it has a giant gap between the 19's and the guard has anybody played around with different shock? if so what type?

I was going to. Sorry if i seem snappy fella's trying to give up the smokes as of today!

I know all your advice is meant well and i listen to everyones opinion. But at the end of the day i'm gonna do as i like if your advice changes my mind so be it. But i'm much more concerned about the little woman and her well meant gift than anyone here's opinion.

Totally agree, ultimately is your car, YOU MUST LIKE THE CHANGES as you are the one looking at it everyday. Exhaust might be another good addition to your list though.. :)