'05 Sportivo In Car Audio System

Hi Guys,

I have noticed on my new 05 Sportivo that my rear door speakers are at a very low volume even when the volume is at a high level and also when the balance has been faded back to the rear.

I just wanted to know if all Sportivo's were like this or not ?????

Perhaps this is normal and this is the way the system itself has been installed and wattage of the speakers?

The front door speakers and tweeters absolutely rock for what they are.

But the rear ones hardly produce any volume.

Any help or feedback would be great. :)

Cheers

Hi Guys,

I have noticed on my new 05 Sportivo that my rear door speakers are at a very low volume even when the volume is at a high level and also when the balance has been faded back to the rear.

I just wanted to know if all Sportivo's were like this or not ?????

Perhaps this is normal and this is the way the system itself has been installed and wattage of the speakers?

The front door speakers and tweeters absolutely rock for what they are.

But the rear ones hardly produce any volume.

Any help or feedback would be great.  :)

Cheers

Mine seem to be fine, it sounded odd for the first few months because I was not used to a system with Tweeters and drivers split at the front.

no even with my car they sound much lower, people sitting in the back ask me to put it louder and when at the front it was screaming. I tried putting a new deck woudent help so i just threw in an amp, and some nice speakers.. stock system is not a system

yeah rear speakers are low in volume. changing the headunit helped me... i guess the stock toyota one doesn't pour sound into all channels equally... rather making the rears "REARS" sound... a filling kinda sound... if u know what i mean.

changing your speakers wont help either... its the source of the sound thats the problem. get a new headunit! and if u want louder sound, an amp as nino suggested.

;)

it's a big bother though when u make love in the back seat with romantic music... u just can't hear anything  :angry:

hmm true, but ill gues half the people in the forums dont use them to make love hahah

Yeah, we sit in the back with our mates discussing the sucking action of our pod filters instead. :rolleyes::lol:

I'm guessing you think your parents have never had sex either? :lol:

I never found a problem with the rear speakers, then again.. I never sat in the back with music on :lol: I have crappy alpine DDlinears in the back and they don't seem that much better than stock to be honest (volume wise). Best bet is to go for a headunit, then 4-way amp, then change the speakers if your still not happy with it.

I havent changed my stock speakers . ...

It actually very good for a stock system . Ive changed the HU and amp n subs and it pumps ..

and from the outside you cant hear the bass ... which is kinda good coz cops etc .. but sounds good inside .. which is what matters as that is where i am !

On a totally unrelated but partly related note... :P

For all the sydney guys, I was down at Doran Pro Audio in Bankstown and saw a brand new '05 'tivo had just been fitted with a really mad system.

DVD player (retractable screen), 12in sub (i think), 6X9 and all the rest... Sounded and looked incredible.

Thing is, it wasnt sold yet... The dealer was having it installed... :rolleyes:

For all the sydney guys, I was down at Doran Pro Audio in Bankstown and saw a brand new '05 'tivo had just been fitted with a really mad system.

DVD player (retractable screen), 12in sub (i think), 6X9 and all the rest... Sounded and looked incredible.

did it have green fluffy bits? gotta have the green fluffy bits...

did it have green fluffy bits? gotta have the green fluffy bits...

ummm...no... :rolleyes:

anyone remember this?

Yeah - thank *** it's gone...

I only have one speaker in the back of my car now. Held together with gaffa-tape...

sounds better than the stock ones...

wth is that green stuff in the boot of that car. that looks totally botched. that is the worst custom design i've ever seen. no offence to whoever owns it, but thats seriously rooted man.

:lol::lol::lol: BHAHAHA lucky the owner of the vehicle doesnt come on the forums much these days hehehe

hes gotten rid of that now n has a new system with 2 kicker 12s in a box n lemme just saay....they go pretty friggin nuts yo......his amp has died tho from the increase in DOOF DOOF so he gotta get a new one

wth is that green stuff in the boot of that car. that looks totally botched. that is the worst custom design i've ever seen. no offence to whoever owns it, but thats seriously rooted man.

But before that, when it was in the back of an old Sandman panel van, Thorpie said it was "fully sik" :P

Don't worry BigBum, if you ever get a chance to meet the guy that owned it, he actually had to sell the green stuff so he could afford his bus-pass.... :P :P :P

What you'll find though, is that the fluffy green stuff is actually Fairly Floss (you guys in Brissy know how much Kyle likes to eat :P )