ZRE Ascent Sedan Rear Windows Retrofit

Hi Guys,

I met one of the ZRE Conquest sedan owners the other day (a member of this forum) and we started comparing differences between our cars. One funny thing we noticed is that Toyota and for some weird reason only decided to spend half the money on the Ascent version ZRE by making the front windows automatic and the rear ones manual :) It actually looks quite funny when you see it on the car, gives the impression of half a job being done or as if Toyota run-out of window regulators and door switches. hehehehe :)

Anyway, I don't like to see incomplete things in the cars I drive, so am gonna retrofit the Conquest rear door trims as well as the window regulators to my Ascent and make it look complete.

I put a request out on the parts locator website (thanks to this forum for mentioning it) and sure enough got a response regarding the availability of these door trims to fit my rolla.

One wrecker mentioned that I must change all 4 door trims if I decide to do this, as the front driver main control switch panel is different between the Ascent and Conquest and it also controls the rear windows.

Anyway, I got a price of $1000 for all 4 door trims, all wiring and all 4 window regulators which I think is a fair price given the price of the aftermarket kits I have seen on the market previously.

My post is to ask if any other ZRE Ascent owner has thought of doing this and if the Hatch Ascent also has manual rear windows like the sedan.

P.S. I think my wife is gonna kill me is she finds out I have spent that much on the rear door trim. hehehehe :) It's all part of the fun of car modding ;)