Baptism from Nature

Chong-kee

I've pickup my Kluger KX-R last Tuesday from Dealer, we're having dinner and then it started raining hard. Then, yesterday the dust storm came in Sydney! It looked like I have driven it off from Sahara desert! I call it a nature's baptism! Having fun driving it so far. :rolleyes:

I was at the Gold Coast Yesterday and saw the dust first hand.

I wouldn't like it all over my car, which was safe back down in Melbourne.

It was nasty grit and I'd be very careful washing it off my new paintwork.

I was at the Gold Coast Yesterday and saw the dust first hand.

I wouldn't like it all over my car, which was safe back down in Melbourne.

It was nasty grit and I'd be very careful washing it off my new paintwork.

Double bucket method, lambs wool wash mit and microfibre towels.

I've pickup my Kluger KX-R last Tuesday from Dealer, we're having dinner and then it started raining hard. Then, yesterday the dust storm came in Sydney! It looked like I have driven it off from Sahara desert! I call it a nature's baptism! Having fun driving it so far. :rolleyes:

It's AWD.

Congrats! Just think of how much fun you'll have washing it on the weekend :clap:

My colleague and I here in the office were discussing about the dust storm where he advised not to wash it right away and just let it blow right off and/or wipe them off gently because the dust was so fine like powder and it could reach some mechanisms in the engine. how true is this?

My colleague and I here in the office were discussing about the dust storm where he advised not to wash it right away and just let it blow right off and/or wipe them off gently because the dust was so fine like powder and it could reach some mechanisms in the engine. how true is this?

It would be no worse than following a road train driving or a convoy of cars on bull dust.

No point washing today in Brisbane anyway as we are getting more dust tomorrow. If the dust hasn't blown off by now after dirving the car, then it's not going to go anywhere. Best thing you can do is rinse the car off with a water stream from a hose and then wash with a good lambswool mit using double bucket method and dry with a microfibre towel. See the following video for advice on good technique:

How to Wash Your Car (ShowCar style!)

Avoid a car wash as it will scratch your car.

Edited by Kesawi