I was thinking 18's or 19's, Any Advice?

• 2 weeks later...

i have been shopping for tyres for the 18s i have but have found nothing on 215/40-18 to use roadworthily.

for those that are using 18s do you know you are using wrong tyres but just do not care about it?

i think i will go for 225 series so i can meet the load rating but i really want 215!!!

If your looking to go 18's, 18x7.5 is the way to go.

A 225/40/18 will have a greater rolling circumference therefore putting your speedo, odometer out and also possibly effecting your performance/acceleration.

The closest match to the stock 195/55/16 is 215/35/18

Yes, its going to be firmer than a 225/40/18 but i'f your after a little more comfort it might be worth looking at a 215/45/17. This way you gain the ride you want and retain the true performance of the car and the correct info on the dash.

If anyone here is running 215/35/18 post up and give us your thoughts on the ride and performance.

Does the suspension crash and bounce about through bumps or is it still quite compliant?

Also, any unusual wear? insides wearing unevenly etc?

i have been shopping for tyres for the 18s i have but have found nothing on 215/40-18 to use roadworthily.

for those that are using 18s do you know you are using wrong tyres but just do not care about it?

i think i will go for 225 series so i can meet the load rating but i really want 215!!!

I think you should get it right the first time if possible

the hassles of getting RWC... omg... esp if you're a working person

He already has the wheels ( 18x7's )

He needs tyres that have the correct load rating for the car which is 88.

He's trying to find an 18x7 tyre, preferably in 215 with a load rating of 88. He knows that he can select different profiles/width etc, but he needs to get the correct load rating to keep it road worthy.

In VIC this is now one of the first things a Police officer looks at, they'll compare the weight loading on your placard to that on your tyres. If it's not a match - Unroadworthy Vehicle.

My apologies,

I wasnt aware that this is such a big issue in VIC. Being from NSW i'm used to harsh policing but not that harsh.

I'll be fitting 215/35/18 to my car, i've never heard of load ratings being a problem here, but then again i'm from regional NSW not Sydney.

No need for apologies mate B)

In the metropolitan area's here in VIC due to the stupid minority, the vast majority have to suffer.

They're strict and pick up on the most minor of things if you do get pulled over for an offence or a random road worthy check.

A 225/40/18 will have a greater rolling circumference therefore putting your speedo, odometer out and also possibly effecting your performance/acceleration.

Yes, its going to be firmer than a 225/40/18 but i'f your after a little more comfort it might be worth looking at a 215/45/17. This way you gain the ride you want and retain the true performance of the car and the correct info on the dash.

If anyone here is running 215/35/18 post up and give us your thoughts on the ride and performance.

Does the suspension crash and bounce about through bumps or is it still quite compliant?

I think the ride is better den b4... handling is also a little better but going over bumps makes the car bounce more. If u give it a wheel alignment the tyres should be worn evenly. I havent had any problems so far. :lol:

Will you have enough clearance for 225's ?

should be alright as the offset for the 18 x 7.5 i have is good for fwd

and the americans seem to use 225 a lot of their corollas with and without needing to roll the guards

that true but finding a tyre that is 215/35-18 and rated correctly is hard they all seem to be 84v

doctor the placard to match the wheels/tyres :P

already been changed but cannot downgrade it too much because there are some that do remember the ratings as you can say special edition many times over and if the rating is too low they know

No need for apologies mate  B)

In the metropolitan area's here in VIC due to the stupid minority, the vast majority have to suffer.

They're strict and pick up on the most minor of things if you do get pulled over for an offence or a random road worthy check.

$150+ on spot fine for defect and if they find 3 problems it will be major defect which you need to get rwc

I think the ride is better den b4... handling is also a little better but going over bumps makes the car bounce more. If u give it a wheel alignment the tyres should be worn evenly. I havent had any problems so far. :lol:

Thanks for the feedback, i'm definately going to be going with 18's

My car is still on the boat but in final stages of the trip. The dealer expects to have it tuesday and hopefully i'll be taking delivery the following friday.

Gunna leave it stock until the first "complimentary" 1000km service, then drop the suspension and do the wheels. Another 1000km or so after that straight on with the CES system.