I was thinking 18's or 19's, Any Advice?

Hey im looking into buying wheels in the near future for my corolla.

My last car (88 Honda Legend Coupe) I installed a set of 17s (17x7s Aventek Vapours with Goodyear Eagle F1 215/45ZR17 tyres)so i am going bigger this time.

I was thinking 18's or 19's for my 2005 corolla sportivo. The set of wheels i am intereststed in are chrome XHP Scorch. These only come in 18x7.5 for a 4 stud car and not 19's. Although i really wana get 19's cuz they are worth the little exrta money so i may keep looking

QNS

What size aftermarket wheels has every1 else got? and

what type of tyre width/profile is good for the corolla?

Plus has any1 had any problems with performance and/or clearance with 18 or 19 inch wheels?

Mate do a search - especially on a topic like wheels - it's been covered so many times.

Most people are running 17x7 with various tyre width and profiles ranging from 205/45/, 215/45/, 215/40/.

There's some who have 18x7 with 215/35.

IMO if you want to keep it legal I would stick to 17x7 or 18x7. I wouldn't go to 7.5 in width as most likely it will rub unless your willing to have your wheel arches rolled.

Also think about the roads you travel on, unless they're smooth, riding on 19's ( Although it would look the goods) would shake your tooth fillings loose.

as you might know 18 x 7 there is not much choice. 18 x 7.5 there is more and most offsets will be good for fwd so rubbing might not be a problem.

215/35 is quite bumpy on 18s but most people go for this to keep the profile low.

215/40 is less bumpy on 18s

all the 18s i have seen on corollas are running 215.

i got some pics of my car with 18s let me post them later

here is the pic the machine face makes this wheel look big. get 18s if you want that vip style but for performance stay with 16s or 17s.

182cp.jpg

Thanks to those who actually replied with something constructive

I think 18x7.5s are the way to go with 215/35 so i dont deviate too much from stock. I couldnt find any 18x7s in any of the designs that I was interested in. I realise i will lose performance but i dont really care. I'll just put on the stockies wen i go to calder.

today i tried to get tyres for my 18s but they could not supply any 215 in the load rating i need. this is something else you would need to think about if you are going to use 215. 225 and 235 you have more choices and greater ratings.

if you are reading this and have 18s on a new corolla or sportivo please let us know what tyre brand you have and what rating it has got thanks

have not seen 20s yet but here is SATAN 19s

natas20xr.jpg

I almost brought that car.. but he wouldnt sell it for 25gs. after i put deposit on my corolla now.. he decided to sell it for 25.. no one brought it so he sold it to the dealer. :angry:

have not seen 20s yet but here is SATAN 19s

natas20xr.jpg

I almost brought that car.. but he wouldnt sell it for 25gs. after i put deposit on my corolla now.. he decided to sell it for 25.. no one brought it so he sold it to the dealer. :angry:

At 25g's it'd be worth it, why....??? (I know this is gonna start something :P )

GO TEAM RED

Edited by Azza