DREs 22" Wheels

Hey DRE

Hope you don't mind me giving you a free plug. Just came across a pic of your car on the net.

Riding on 22s. Looks mean. What size rubber you running? And using coilovers for this?

Very phat!!!

Check out : 22s on Aurion

ahahaha damnit..i thought i was gonna give u guys a surprise post..wouldnt be a surprise anymore now <_< i though i'd give myself a challenge by putting 22's on an aurion..most of the tyre guys i called in the eastern state and wa thought i was outta my mind when i said i want 22's for this car LOL

anyways, the rims 8.5" wide all around with 245/30 rubbers on them and D2 coilover suspension.

when i got the fender guard rolled with the new wheels, the rear was rubbing bad when i went uphill and corners and it was so annoying :wacko:

so just today i came back to the shop and asked the guy to camber the suspension. its -3degrees camber now and turns out alrite..no rubbing at all and i think i can fit 2 or even 3 ppl at the back again :yahoo:

Im thinking of getting a set of WALD lips when i go to jakarta next month like some of those thai aurions so the car would looks lower to the ground..

cant wait..

Do you seriously need to set your suspension to stiff to be able to drive it? It just seems like you are right on borderline there and don't have much clearance for suspension travel.

As well, do you find your speedo is out by quite a bit now?

Do you get any scrubbing when turning under full lock?

And do those tires cost a lot?

Sorry for the questions, but I know others here have considered it, so the extra assistance for them would be good.

Props to giving it a go though.

Do you seriously need to set your suspension to stiff to be able to drive it? It just seems like you are right on borderline there and don't have much clearance for suspension travel.

As well, do you find your speedo is out by quite a bit now?

Do you get any scrubbing when turning under full lock?

And do those tires cost a lot?

Sorry for the questions, but I know others here have considered it, so the extra assistance for them would be good.

Props to giving it a go though.

no worries mate, im happy to assist anyone here. I havent really play with the suspension so far, but its been set stiff since the day i fitted it and the ride been alright..better than chopped kings for sure ehehe i'll keep it posted next time i decide to set it soft.

in terms of speedo yea i think its out by about 4-5km/hr but that doesnt really bother me coz i dont really speed anyway..only that with this size rims the car slows down quicker as soon as u release the acceleration than before and as i said before, it doesnt rub/ scrub at all even when turning full...at the moment the front tyres still have about 1cm clearence from the guard, i reckon i still be able to lower it a bit more if i go camber and still wouldnt scrub. the rear was rubbing pretty bad before but after it was set cambered its fine and again i think i can lowered the rear a bit more with no fuss now.

the nexen tyres that comes with the wheels is inexpensive at all. the last time i look it up in the web,they cost around $1500-1600 for all 4. cheap compared to toyo/kumho/pirelli etc but theyre still good for street use.

that is pimp!

u need rim/tyre insurance. coz im coming to get em!

ive already install a set of lock nuts on the wheels. but now that u mention it i might be interested.

do u guys think tyre insurance is worth it?? how much roughly would they cost?

Indo pride.. 22s ftw.. :toast:

Meh.. Coilovers? Get air-bags.. Too much trouble if it's on coil-overs. <33333

lol. thanks mate..

too pricey and they say it rides crap..maybe when i get bored someday i'd think about gettin it :lol:

Edited by DRE

lol. thanks mate..

too pricey and they say it rides crap..maybe when i get bored someday i'd think about gettin it :lol:

lol. thanks mate..

Hey Dre...car looks sweet mate. :toast:

p.s add your wheels to your current insurance,it costs bugger all...i added my new audio and wheels and it worked out an extra $28 per year...also they won't cover your tyres,i asked as mine are $600 a corner. :(

and do you have the right load & speed rating,because insurance can get a bit funny with this if it's not correct,especially with big rims,they checked on mine.

ahahaha damnit..i thought i was gonna give u guys a surprise post..wouldnt be a surprise anymore now <_< i though i'd give myself a challenge by putting 22's on an aurion..most of the tyre guys i called in the eastern state and wa thought i was outta my mind when i said i want 22's for this car LOL

Sorry to steal your thunder DRE. :whistling:

I got a bit excited that I'd recognised your car and thought everyone should see how unique your setup is.

Good work dude...

lol. thanks mate..

Hey Dre...car looks sweet mate. :toast:

p.s add your wheels to your current insurance,it costs bugger all...i added my new audio and wheels and it worked out an extra $28 per year...also they won't cover your tyres,i asked as mine are $600 a corner. :(

and do you have the right load & speed rating,because insurance can get a bit funny with this if it's not correct,especially with big rims,they checked on mine.

doesnt sound too worth it ey..just gotta drive carefully not to hit the curb...*touch wood*

22"s

Yeeeeeowwl Dre,

now thats what im talking about. Finally, I knew it would happen but I didnt think it would take someone this long to do it. Did ya have to roll ya guards. Definately Niace, it works, looks good, congrats dude. Now you just need a lip or body kit to fatten up that front end, or you could bag it or drop it. If you need fill the gap from the ground to the car, those wheels look even more sic I reckon.

Good job dude, I like it.

Edited by BONDIE