[QLD] Skidpan motorkhana - Gympie. 7-11-09

The car club that I am involved with has organised a motorkhana up at the Skidpan just south of Gympie on the above date.

These are a fun day and you can be as serious or as casual as you like.

Would anyone from here be interested in having a go?

If so, let me know and I'll put up further details.

Supp Regs - http://www.ndscc.asn.au/web_images/mkappregsnov09.pdf

Entry Form - http://www.ndscc.asn.au/web_images/appentry.pdf

You can jump on Youtube and search for "NDSCC motorkhana" or " NDSCC skidpan" and you will see the sort of stuff we do.

That's about what it will cost your first time at one of our motorkhanas too.

In the case of the one coming up, it's $45 entry, plus $20 for a CAMS day licence (if you don't already have one), plus $35 for annual club membership ($100 total). But that's for a whole day, not just half a day like at Mt Cotton.

You can upgrade your CAMS day license to an annual one for an extra $30 and then the motorkhanas only cost you what the entry fee is.

We also hold grass motorkhanas (if you like sliding around a bit more) and the Entry fee for them is usually around $25-$35.

Ladies and juniors (12 - 18 yrs) are encouraged to participate and get severely discounted entries fees as a result.

As a side note, if anyone is insured with Shannon's, you get a nice discount for being a member of a CAMS affiliated club (which NDSCC is) and the discount is usually enough to cover the $35/yr for club membership.

And for anyone that might be a little afraid that their car is not going to be competitive, I have scored outright places in the two most recent motorkhanas (one on grass, the other at the skidpan) in my 63 kw 1.3 litre Toyota Echo with stock engine and suspension. The club also has qualified driving instructors that are happy to sit in with you and give you some pointers if you so wish.

post-15155-1255035702_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'd be up for this. I should be back in Brisbane by that time (driving to Canberra next Wednesday for about 10 days of work). The distance to Gympie doesn't bother me. I've had to drive to and from Hervey Bay 3 times in the last week and a half so I'm used to that drive now.

Just a word of warning guys, if you do want to enter, places are limited and they usually fill up pretty quickly.

It is best if you fill out an entry form at least with some basic details (name, car etc) and email or fax it in to reserve a spot.