Purchase a car from Paypal a/c

38TRY

Hi, recently i am selling a car and there is a buyer interested.

He told me he is in overseas and unable to pay me by cash but he can pay me through Paypal. (and there is a pick up agent who can pick up the car)

Although i told him why not he gives the money to the pick up agent and we can sort it out face by face. He havent yet reply me.

I am wondering is it a safe transaction for me using Paypal?

I heard a lot of Nigeria kind of people using paypal either doing cash laundry or simply defraud your money.

Any comments?

Edited by 38TRY

Hi thanks for mailing back,the phone reception is really poor out here because of the stormy weather we've been having of late.I am an oceanographer, i am at sea right now,i am buying this for my dad as a surprise gift and I will be happy if you can accept an offer of $24,500, i am unable to come and inspect right now,as i wont be back for a while and i want it at Dad's latest in a week's time, if you can send one or two more pics (if you have) , if you dont its ok.I can only pay through paypal at the moment as i dont have access to my bank account online(i dont have internet banking with it),but i have it attached to my paypal account, and this is why i insisted on using paypal to pay,all i will need is your paypal email address to make the payments,and if you dont have a paypal account yet,its pretty easy to set one up at www.paypal.com.au,i will be expecting your email.I have a pick up agent that will come for the pick up after payments has been sorted

This is his mail.

Seems kinda dodgey, even if its not. I think it would just be better to wait for another buyer if your not in a rush. Just incase if you don't feel comfortable. If i had a e-mail like that i wouldn't consider it. Haha.

Only because of some things he says like "Im at sea right now", "I want it for my dad latest in a week"....Hrmmmm yeh. :huh:

Edited by ruimond

That's right. That was what i consider as well.

When i was looking for an Yaris 2 years ago, i found someone in carsales.com selling a YRS model for $8000 only!

I email her and she told me she just got devorce with her husband and in need to sell the car to get some cash.

She also said she is in UK atm and in a very difficult situation.

She ask Paypal payment as well and she will arrange the delivery from DARWIN to BNE..

That's way much lower than the market price at the time even Trade-in price so i dont believe it

Too good to be true.

Wait.... Nigeria??? i'm not saying anything but watch out for scams. If someone doesn't seem right or too goo to be true then there probably is something wrong.

Just my $0.02

Don't.

Once he gets your car he can lodge a claim and you get right-royally screwed.

That is, if his 'agent' doesn't discover where you live and beats you within an inch of your life to get your car first.

When i was looking for an Yaris 2 years ago, i found someone in carsales.com selling a YRS model for $8000 only!

I email her and she told me she just got devorce with her husband and in need to sell the car to get some cash.

She ask Paypal payment as well and she will arrange the delivery from DARWIN to BNE..

That's way much lower than the market price at the time even Trade-in price so i dont believe it

Too good to be true.

LOL! I found an Audi A4 Cabriolet 2008 model for $12000 before I bought the Sportivo...

The woman said she's overseas and can't let me inspect the car. :lol: :P

it looks really dodgey to me! Even if its true.

he only wants ONE or TWO pictures of the car he is buying for his dad for $24,500

plus, i would prefer cash or bank cheque for this kind of transactions.

i will give it a "NO GO" IMO.

Lets us know how u go with it !

cheers

D35

it looks really dodgey to me! Even if its true.

he only wants ONE or TWO pictures of the car he is buying for his dad for $24,500

plus, i would prefer cash or bank cheque for this kind of transactions.

i will give it a "NO GO" IMO.

Lets us know how u go with it !

cheers

D35

Yeah, i reply his mail said he give the money to his pick up agent and i can sort it out with his agent face by face.

He never reply me back.

Now i believe it is pure spam..

i dnt get it, ur selling the car and they want ur paypal email address to send u the money and their overseas?? get the money and run lol, or have i got this mixed up or something??? :huh:

Why not i give him your paypal account and once you get the money ,you run...and i only share 20% of the profit..

Sounds good?

:clap::yahoo::clap:

Too good to be true.

LOL! I found an Audi A4 Cabriolet 2008 model for $12000 before I bought the Sportivo...

The woman said she's overseas and can't let me inspect the car. :lol: :P

Yeah, that's exactly the same story with my exp...always devorce woman and overseas stuff..

My mate told me he also found one on ebay selling a 2004 s2000 for $16,000......same crap

You're really not at any risk. Paypal is just an intermediary so once the money is in there, he can't take it back. Though be sure to address the Paypal fees too. Once he pays, if he pays, then you pass him the car. But either case, this really doesn't sound like it will go through but you never know..

He is at risk. The person paypals him with a stolen paypal account. You give him the car and transfer paper. Person who owns that paypal account informs paypal that their info was stolen (easily checked if its being logged on in a different country). Money goes back to the stolen paypal account from your account (much like when the bank makes a mistake and gives you lots of money extra). Then you are left with no car and no money.

He is at risk. The person paypals him with a stolen paypal account. You give him the car and transfer paper. Person who owns that paypal account informs paypal that their info was stolen (easily checked if its being logged on in a different country). Money goes back to the stolen paypal account from your account (much like when the bank makes a mistake and gives you lots of money extra). Then you are left with no car and no money.

Thanks for that information!

It is clear now about the risk involved.

I'm assuming that's the same case with EBay?

Most sellers requests Paypal and I guess anyone with a stolen account could just purchase anything. Doesn't explain why sellers would recommend this method then. :blink: