ported headers alone

I'm Curious as to why you think this is a cheap "bang for your buck" mod?

CAI, would be by FAR the best BFYB mod to do on the stivo. for around $300 - $400 you'd be mad not doing that... with approx 10kw atw gain.

Sure it may only cost $200 to get your headers ported.... but are you removing/installing the headers yourself?

i would suggest labour could set you back around $100 - $150.

for only 5 - 7kw atw gain... i know wher i'd spend the money for my One and Only Mod.

I'm Curious as to why you think this is a cheap "bang for your buck" mod?

the reason i say this is that i hear an airbox without a snorkel is 2/3 the performance gain of a cai.

and im not after just Kw i like the idea of having a engine that revs free'r low down. which the ported headers apparently provides.

hmm interesting ! hmm my car is off the road for 2 months and 3 weeks now, i wouldnt mind doing this, i got my cai.. where can i get my headers ported if i remove them myself and roughly how much, and is there a real difference in power? worth it or leave it?

o and wil this fit the 2zz-ge 05 model???

CLICKY!!

Edited by 123R-Prozak

hmm interesting ! hmm my car is off the road for 2 months and 3 weeks now, i wouldnt mind doing this, i got my cai.. where can i get my headers ported if i remove them myself and roughly how much, and is there a real difference in power? worth it or leave it?

CLICKY!!

Definently worth getting done, makes the car that much more better/easier to drive. It feels so much more free flowing after 4k. sorry but i cant really remember how much but i think i paid 300 n something to do a swap with ported headers. but that was about 1 yr or more ago.

Got it done at westside mufflers in padstow.

I am fully stock except for ported headers and de-snorkeled intake, and I reckon I make almost as much power as when I had either CAI on there.

Guni bird has quieted the haters by posting back to back dyno figures on the same day and on the same dyno with CAI vs CAI vs CAI vs no snorkel.

Anyhow, even without the de-snorkel mod, the ported headers make the car feel generally more like a 2L than a 1.8L. More torque down low. I love it!

Gav.

I am fully stock except for ported headers and de-snorkeled intake, and I reckon I make almost as much power as when I had either CAI on there.

Guni bird has quieted the haters by posting back to back dyno figures on the same day and on the same dyno with CAI vs CAI vs CAI vs no snorkel.

Anyhow, even without the de-snorkel mod, the ported headers make the car feel generally more like a 2L than a 1.8L. More torque down low. I love it!

Gav.

Woohoo, starting up another CAI thread = massive amounts of FAIL!

With the Headers, by what i have experienced, (nothing with headers btw) you need to look at

1. If it really IS the cheapest option (which its not)

2. A Cold Air Intake may give you a tad less power down low, but your torque 'should' slightly increase, and top-end will be alot better.

3. A CAI opens up the restrictions of the stock Airbox, no matter what people say, after i put my CAI on, i am never reverting back to the stock box...

4. Headers aren't the most important mod, CAI and Exhaust is for the Sportivo... Headers are an add-on for this set-up later down the track.

Good luck, but keep in mind, its YOUR money and you do what you want with it ;) (by an sc :lol:).

Evo

CLICKY!!

Its been something that i would like to get done to my car too. hmmmmm decisions decisions

Gav.

Woohoo, starting up another CAI thread = massive amounts of FAIL!

With the Headers, by what i have experienced, (nothing with headers btw) you need to look at

1. If it really IS the cheapest option (which its not)

2. A Cold Air Intake may give you a tad less power down low, but your torque 'should' slightly increase, and top-end will be alot better.

3. A CAI opens up the restrictions of the stock Airbox, no matter what people say, after i put my CAI on, i am never reverting back to the stock box...

4. Headers aren't the most important mod, CAI and Exhaust is for the Sportivo... Headers are an add-on for this set-up later down the track.

Good luck, but keep in mind, its YOUR money and you do what you want with it ;) (by an sc :lol:).

Evo

Giving suggestions for mods you don't have or even have the engine for = FAIL? TRD CAI performs very differently to CES CAI too BTW...

I got exchange ported headers without HPC coating from CES for $330. They are the only mod I have that hasn't disappointed me!

De-snorkle is OK too. It's free, and gives you reasonable power gains that aren't just foolishly established by added induction noise.

Lots of mods are going to make you noisy, but that doesn't necessarily equate to being faster or more powerful. Look at Guni's dyno results.

Tasteful mods FTW,

Gav.

for those in melbourne, a place called head 2 head in oakleigh does ported headers fitted for ~$300 google it.

yer yer its not gona give me 3.65333Kw at the rear wheels with a head wind of +7kmph on a cool 20 degrees day with bp premium and 95% tread on my pirelli's - but i dont give a stuff.

just want that low down power gain :):) and free flowing revs

for those in melbourne, a place called head 2 head in oakleigh does ported headers fitted for ~$300 google it.

yer yer its not gona give me 3.65333Kw at the rear wheels with a head wind of +7kmph on a cool 20 degrees day with bp premium and 95% tread on my pirelli's - but i dont give a stuff.

and after reading what i just wrote...i realise i dont have a rear wheel drive car.. oops

CLICKY!!

I dont think these headers/ extractors are made for 2zzge. i had a close look comparing the 2 but the 'bolts' on the Redback dont match the locations of the 'bolts' on the 2zzge

have a look and tell me what you guys think..

post-10831-1255526471_thumb.jpg

post-10831-1255526480_thumb.jpg

Andrew,

peter wont fit them mate... he only does porting.

i was the person who introduced Head 2 head to the 2zzge header porting game....

For DIY porting, you need a good die grinder, some good HSS or Carbide burs and a couple of 80grit flap wheels to fit the grinder.

Port the header to be a bit less than 1mm larger than the exhaust port in the head (to help with reversion), then finish off with the flap wheel.

You will need a long shank bit to clean up the collector. Also need a very steady hand as it's easy to make a mess with sharp bits.

the hole in the gasket is actually much larger than the exhaust port on the head...

It's best to take a stencil of your actual exhaust ports and work from that.

the hole in the gasket is actually much larger than the exhaust port on the head...

much larger??

interesting.... would be good to get a comparison... anyone with a spare set of headers.... looking at you dyslexik

I have an exhaust, which is supposed to produce a lot more power than headers, which it feels on the street, take it to the track, no good, just too much power for a non LSD car, and yes, a driver with too heavy right foot.

Reckon headers would be a bigger waste IMHO

whitestivo

you dont port match the header - the header should be larger than the exhaust port. use the gasket as your template, for those who are unsure about portng join some portin forums and read the basics.