Camry vs Yaris, C-Class vs Smart

DJKOR

Small versus large: C-Class versus Smart, Camry versus Yaris

A few weeks back we brought you a crash test between a 1959 Chevy Bel Air and a 2009 Chevy Malibu. Now, for a series of crash tests between two cars of the same era, but of vastly different sizes.

These non-standard tests are being carried out by America's Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, which is currently in the throes of celebrating its 50th anniversary. In the first video two Toyotas are pitted against each other in a 40mph (64km/h) offset crash test: a Camry and a Yaris. In the second video, two cars from Daimler are slammed into each other under the same conditions: a Mercedes-Benz C-Class and a Smart ForTwo.

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

Wow.. Thanks for Sharing DJ..

I wish the had put on medium cars vs medium cars as well. it seems a bit unfair putting a smart against the merc.

i have a new appreciation of my Aurion over the small car I used to drive.

it seems a bit unfair putting a smart against the merc.

Just a little unfair in a way but when you think about it, if you were driving a Smart car over here, what is the possibility of hitting a Falcon or a Commodore? Given how many are on the roads, a large car vs a Smart car is a pretty reasonable real world scenario.

Just a little unfair in a way but when you think about it, if you were driving a Smart car over here, what is the possibility of hitting a Falcon or a Commodore? Given how many are on the roads, a large car vs a Smart car is a pretty reasonable real world scenario.

true that.. n when u have an accident.. u cant exactly choose the size of the car that u`re goin to crash into etc :P

its better to know the truth now so ppl will be more careful on the road :P

id love to know how my rolla will look like vs camry n all :(

HAHA. Very true, but the same could be said for the larger car (that its more likely to hit another larger car) and that is the scenario I'm the most NOT interested in experiencing.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, the damage on both cars are quick serious. But when i think about it, it makes sense, when both cars are travelling 60kph in opposite direction, which is 120 relative to each. Thats deadly if an accident happens.

am i a bad person if i laughed at the smart car?

Yes. :P :P