Toyota Service Dept- a Well Done

mdv

Just thought it worthwhile to mention the excellent service I received today from my local Toyata service centre.

On a 200km return trip home yesterday my Kluger started making god-awful rattle and grinding noises somewhere near the left rear wheel, particularly noticeable at lower speeds.

Anyhow, I took Kluger into local Toyota service centre this morning, where they placed it at the head of the daily service queue (even though I had made no booking). Inspection revealed some tar and stones (from roadworks) had got caught up in the moving parts of the rear suspension.

Fully expecting that the service centre would claim that the problem was not really a warranty issue and would therefore charge something around the $100 mark for the job, I was gobsmacked when the total cost for removing wheel, inspecting, fixing problem, and re-fitting wheel came to ZERO. Total wait from dropping in 'cold' to driving away was about 30 minutes. That's the sort of service that makes me smile. :) :) :)

Nice to hear MDV - I reckon we'd all like to know which dealer this was, and I think they deserve to have their name made public for their good service :)

Canberra Toyota - Phillip, ACT. :)

• 1 year later...
Nice to hear MDV - I reckon we'd all like to know which dealer this was, and I think they deserve to have their name made public for their good service :)

I just had my car serviced there two days ago. They did a really good job! Apparently, out of all the Toyota service centres in Canberra (all operated by the same company), Phillip is the best.

Cheers

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

I just had my car serviced there two days ago. They did a really good job! Apparently, out of all the Toyota service centres in Canberra (all operated by the same company), Phillip is the best.

Cheers

Matt

I used to use Phillip Toyota many years ago (2000-2002), but gave them away because I had numerous problems with them. They may have improved since then....

For the last 2 years I have been using Fyshwick Toyota and I have found them to be very good. Perhaps they have improved their game at all locations?

Ive been told to avoid Belconnen (from someone who works at Canberra Toyota)... But then again I've never used them personally so dn't think that is justified. They might be good. I also work in Belconnen so it would be so much easier taking the car there.

Ive been told to avoid Belconnen (from someone who works at Canberra Toyota)... But then again I've never used them personally so dn't think that is justified. They might be good. I also work in Belconnen so it would be so much easier taking the car there.

I went to Belco for the 1,000km inspection and they were OK. Service not as good as Fyshwick, and since they don't do anything at the 1,000km it is hard to comment on their workmanship :rolleyes:

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been to Toyota Fyshwick a number of times and got no joy...see my thread about 'whine in the transfer case'

They are friendly, but no action thus far...to be honest it's the service and aftre-car which is why I change manufacturers...and this is my first and maybe my last Toyota

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently had a good encounter with the local Cannon Toyota dealership in Camberwell, Victoria.

I had trouble even getting listened to at Melb City Toyota about the dash-rattle so I raised the issue with Cannon, they forwarded my concern to Toyota Australia for evaluation and the reply I got was an agreement to pay half of the cost.

I explained to Cannon that I was grateful for them to put forward my case to TA but I was adamant that the dash rattle should be fixed and paid for entirely by Toyota as I think it's a quality issue that greatly reduces the brand's credentials plus it lowers my resale value. The car is just on 3 years old by the way.

Anyway, Cannon asked me to build a case so they could present this to Toyota, so I did, I wrote a one pager stating when the problem was detected and how Melb City ignored my pleas and this was then submitted to TA who have since replied stating they will pay for the removal and refit of the dash, replacing the faulty clips (which I believe hide where the dash meets the windscreen). It's about 4 hours of labour by the way, the clips are only a $30 item.

Previously during a vist to Cannon when my wife took the car in for a logbook service the Service Manager invited her and my boy into the service centre for a quick tour, not necessarily riviting excitment for my wife but it was an interesting experience for my son.

During another visit they have replaced a cracked arm rest (read other threads) which is another common Kluger fault, this was a warranty claim at no expense to me.

The world is so full of bad service but I'm glad to say I've had some very good experiences dealing with Cannon so if anyone else is looking for a service centre it may be worth giving them a try.

Went to Terry Shields Parramatta for Major Service,

not impressed by the service they offered.. definitely not coming back there anymore..

one of the thing that annoyed me..

have told them not to wash the car, cause I have just spent 3 hourse Washing + waxing last weekend..

they mentioned that their "car washer" is broken anyway.

"okay then.. everything should be good then.."

Was told that they have finished the service,

come back to pick-up my car..

noticed straight away that the front part of the car (Bonet, bumper, sunroof and windshield) are all wet,

and they put in under the sun..

so annoyed..!!

Went to Terry Shields Parramatta for Major Service,

not impressed by the service they offered.. definitely not coming back there anymore..

one of the thing that annoyed me..

have told them not to wash the car, cause I have just spent 3 hourse Washing + waxing last weekend..

they mentioned that their "car washer" is broken anyway.

"okay then.. everything should be good then.."

Was told that they have finished the service,

come back to pick-up my car..

noticed straight away that the front part of the car (Bonet, bumper, sunroof and windshield) are all wet,

and they put in under the sun..

so annoyed..!!

I got my vehicle service at Terry Shields earlier this week. I didnt come across any issues.

The only problem i did have with this Service centre a few years ago, was having the aircon knob globes replaced.

The car had to go back 3-4 times before it was done correctly. other then that, no issues.

When ever i book a Service at Terry Shields, I get them to leave a note saying "No Car Wash"

Wow. In about 10 years of Toyota servicing I have never once received or been offered a car wash! Current dealer gives you a voucher for free car wash at the local self-service carwash.

I did have a dealer that loved to slop tyre black all over the tyres at every service. It was nasty oily crap and would end up sprayed up in the wheel arches. Had to ask them not to do that...

• 1 month later...

Yup.. definitely "No Car Wash" at the dealer...

Heard a lot of Horror story where 'accident' usually happends..

and got no one admit/blame..

Yup.. definitely "No Car Wash" at the dealer...

Heard a lot of Horror story where 'accident' usually happends..

and got no one admit/blame..

Im sure there may be a number of service centres that do a good job with Carwash. :)

• 2 months later...

The problem with Toyota in general is that they sell so many cars their service departments struggle with the volume. I was at my local service department to book my car in for a check up and was told that they had over 90 cars to service that day and similar numbers for the next couple of days.

I was at my local service department to book my car in for a check up and was told that they had over 90 cars to service that day and similar numbers for the next couple of days.

I usually book in a month advance with an early morning Service booking.