Black Badges

Kenny G

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone knows where I could get my hands on the black badges that came on the Camry Sportivo? I had them on my old car and really liked the look and I am thinking about putting a black one on the rear of the SX6.

Cheers,

Kenny G

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone knows where I could get my hands on the black badges that came on the Camry Sportivo? I had them on my old car and really liked the look and I am thinking about putting a black one on the rear of the SX6.

Cheers,

Kenny G

Spray them when you spray your grill. light sanding and a quick primer will do fine.

I dont know what glue you need tho.

Hi all,

Cheers,

Kenny G

Spray them when you spray your grill. light sanding and a quick primer will do fine.

I dont know what glue you need tho.

I would use silicon or double sided tape glue could ruin your paint work

AUR30N

What colour did you use to spray yours, and is it an ordeal removing the rear badge?

I can't remember the name, but it was a dark plum colour. I originally got it for my engine cover, but then thought I would do the rear emblem at the same time. So it's not exactly black, but I quite like the appearance in my opinion.

Removing it was relatively easy... similar to the other badges. Putting it back on was a different story. I didn't really trust the way that the 3M adhesive was attached to the emblem (mostly hollow on the other side), but that was easily solved with some black gasket silicone. It's going nowhere anymore.

dsc03515.jpg

dsc03546.jpg

It looks great, can you direct me to the thread that describes the debadging, I thought the rear had some pins in it?

We have various threads, just search 'debadging'.

Nothing really to see there though. Just the same advise all over again. Heat them up gently with a hair-dryer (or park in the summer sun) then using fishing wire, put it behind the badge and while pulling away from the car, use a sawing motion to free the emblem.

Then you can clean up the remaining adhesive residue with a citrus oil glue remover (or eucalyptus oil).

Yes there are two pins on the back of the emblem... just work the fishing wire around it. They aren't clips, just straight pins to help position it.

*Badge Removal*

Take a trip to bunnings and purchase a $20.00 heat gun, Sandpaper ( light stuff ) , Decent Spray pack Matt black paint (Auto stuff is always best imo ) ( or what ever colour your wanting to use ).

Plug the gun in and use it for about 10 seconds pending where on the vehicle the badge is and what it's attached to , just make sure theres enough heat but not to much , you will bubble paint or melt plastic. Using a card from your wallet , slide it under the badge whilst hot and you will be able to remove the badge with ease.

Sand , paint , heat the adhesive on the car and on the badge slightly and bond them together and hold firmly for a couple of minutes , if this doesn't reseal , use some new automotive specific double sided tape , or heat and try again with a touch more heat ( you can see the adhesive get warm enough and change shape for adhesion.

*** Make sure you coat the badge 4 or 5 times for a nice strong bond and finish***

I hope this helps.

1000329.jpg

Edited by eviltwin