Centre Console Mod

wong666

guys, i found this on the jaycar website.

http://jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?URL=i...mp;SUBCATID=375

i know the console mod required t5 globes and i am wondering whether these would be good or not..

a number of stivo owners here have done the mod and im wondering whether any of u guys have come across this from jaycar?

and the pricing of the globes arent too bad either..

any feedback and/or advice will be most appreciated.

thanks guys

kevin

I would steer clear of LED replacements like that. They aren't that bright and they will leave you rather disappointed. I would chose an LED replacement (like those you find on eBay) that looks like this:

uv-3.JPG

Does anyone know how many of those T5 bulbs I need for the centre console? Just wanna open it when I want to install them.

Thanks,

Young

hey young...

mayb we can bulk buy enough for us if someone can let us in on how many globes we need.

if ur keen mayb u can pm me or drop me a line here. should be easy to org how to sort the globes out as we both live in sydney anyway.

kevin

Does anyone know how many of those T5 bulbs I need for the centre console? Just wanna open it when I want to install them.

Thanks,

Young

hey young...

mayb we can bulk buy enough for us if someone can let us in on how many globes we need.

if ur keen mayb u can pm me or drop me a line here. should be easy to org how to sort the globes out as we both live in sydney anyway.

kevin

I need to get a new replacement globe for the Clock light, the LED has gone in it.

For There is:

1x - clock light

2x - one on each side in between a/c dials

1x - behind lower compartment flap

i think there is another one somewhere... but i can't remember where it is lol :P

Evo

I thought you've got a Blitz charged 1ZZ-FE... :spiteful::spiteful::spiteful:

I was refering to Sportivo! :whistling:

Thanks,

Young

hey young...

kevin

I need to get a new replacement globe for the Clock light, the LED has gone in it.

For There is:

1x - clock light

2x - one on each side in between a/c dials

1x - behind lower compartment flap

i think there is another one somewhere... but i can't remember where it is lol :P

Evo

i just finished changing the cig lighter bulb to a larger T5 led but had to replace the original plastic holder with a T5 wedge holder (sorry no pics of that)

14uwftt.jpg

725zcw.jpg

any luck on the a/c and demister button? and maybe the gears? :P

any luck on the a/c and demister button? and maybe the gears? :P

the buttons are t3 and t4 neo wedges. none of the ebay leds are bright enough and ones at autolumination are pricey. someday :D

gears is same as ac dials, T5. but have to remove the center console to access it.

3 T5 is all that is needed correct (2 aircon + 1 Clock)

What was shipping time like?

yeah 3 t5. an ebay led for the clock is fine. they took nearly 3 weeks i think <_<

there is a fourth t5 behind the ashtray but no point to put a Matrix 3led one. instead i extended it and moved it to the glovebox since they turn on with parkers :D

registry_mod-4501-1249715319_thumb.jpg

Hey Chicken where did you get that T5 wedge plastic holder from and is it a direct replacement from stock?

its a twist lock T5 base from autolumination 74socket.gif

its not a "direct" replacement of the stock holder but it "twist locks" in the hole perfectly. i had to cut a hole at the bottom of the T5 base to solder the wires to the contacts.

Edited by chicken