Anyone running wheel spacers????

Was wondering if anyone is running wheel spacers on their rollas?

Im looking at maybe getting spacers only on the back to get the wheels more in line with the outer arch to fill the guards more............. and also will need to roll the rear guards.....

Anyone used spacers on their rolla, or know anything about using spacers on a car??????

Cheers

Raf

other than them being illegal and voiding your insurance...

go wider tyre on you rims, my 205 big improvemnt over the 195

whitestivo

what if your running 18x7.5's with 215 wide tyres........ i just need like 10mm to get it level

• 2 weeks later...
Was wondering if anyone is running wheel spacers on their rollas?

Im looking at maybe getting spacers only on the back to get the wheels more in line with the outer arch to fill the guards more............. and also will need to roll the rear guards.....

Anyone used spacers on their rolla, or know anything about using spacers on a car??????

Cheers

Raf

Yep. I've got 20mm kics hub centric spacers on the front and 25mm on the rear with stock wheels and rolled rear guards. Makes the car look SOOOOOOO much better. Will post pics wen i get a chance.

other than them being illegal and voiding your insurance...

go wider tyre on you rims, my 205 big improvemnt over the 195

whitestivo

I'd say ur big improvement was due to a different type of tyre. I think the stock 195's look too bulgey on the rim as it is.

Why can't you just wheels of the appropriate size and offset...

Yes U definately should just get it right first time with aftermarket wheels but when you want to keep the unmodified stock wheel look, wheel spacers with stock wheels really set it off.

Keep in mind the front wheels are turned slightly towards the camera. When straight, they look flush.

That's with 20mm spacers front, 25mm rear and an extra 0.5 degrees negative camber on the front. King lows all round.

post-12161-1259370541_thumb.jpg

post-12161-1259370556_thumb.jpg

Edited by bradsm87

spacers are uber ghey super ****house , if you want to run them safely ( Touch Wood ) you would be stupid not to run longer nuts. As the_random_hero states why not just run the correct size and offset , if you want to fill the gaurds but a wheel that will do so... this picture of my AE82 will do the talking:

n777730082_4859186_9036.jpg

spacers are uber ghey super ****house , if you want to run them safely ( Touch Wood ) you would be stupid not to run longer nuts. As the_random_hero states why not just run the correct size and offset , if you want to fill the gaurds but a wheel that will do so... this picture of my AE82 will do the talking:

Having wheels way in from the guards is much more "uber ghey super ****house" than having spacers.

Longer studs LOL. Obviously i'm talking about bolt-on spacers, not slip-on spacers. They bolt on to the factory studs and have their own studs for the wheels to bolt on to.

If worried about insurance, they are perfectly legal IF:

- they are hub centric (they fit snugly over the factory hub centre and the wheel fits snugly over the spacer hub centre)

- they technically have to be glued on apparently. Dunno why. I guess so u can't tamper with them easily.

And u need to tell them about the spacers then it's def no problem.

Edited by bradsm87

I have a 16mm spacers only at the back, but at the front I have a -1,2° camber bolts.

In that way the stability response is very neutral but more reactive.

If you have a stock camber adjustment, I don't know if the spacers only at the back are the good choice.......

Having wheels way in from the guards is much more "uber ghey super ****house" than having spacers.

Longer studs LOL. Obviously i'm talking about bolt-on spacers, not slip-on spacers. They bolt on to the factory studs and have their own studs for the wheels to bolt on to.

If worried about insurance, they are perfectly legal IF:

- they are hub centric (they fit snugly over the factory hub centre and the wheel fits snugly over the spacer hub centre)

- they technically have to be glued on apparently. Dunno why. I guess so u can't tamper with them easily.

And u need to tell them about the spacers then it's def no problem.

Unless other states are different, then spacers are NOT legal.

The fitting of spacers or adaptors between wheels and

hubs, additional to those provided by the vehicle

manufacturer, is not permitted. The tyre and rim must

not foul wheel arches or suspension components under

any conditions. Steering limit stops must not be adjusted

to reduce the turning circle in order to allow the fitting

of the alternative rims and tyres.