Full tank of fuel with new car a thing of the past?

BigBad64

Just bought a second hand Kluger from Melb City Toyota and happy to say that it included an almost full tank.

Had a few other issues with the purchase (but that's another story, or two).... but the free tank was certainly a nice gesture.

• 2 weeks later...

Same thing happened to us on Friday just gone. Picked up our brand new Grande model and the dealer had only put in $30.00 worth of fuel on the sales docket. The condition we made with the sales guy when we were buying it was that it came with a full tank so we made him follow us down to the nearest petrol station and he filled the tank with premium. You've got to watch these sales guys they will tell you anything to get a sale.

I'm pleased to report that I picked up my new KX-S from Lane Toyota (Melbourne) today with a FULL TANK of fuel despite a momentary 'identity crisis' for the car ;). Good to see that the city dealers also do the right thing.

Full credit to "BlindKidSeeks",

Cheers

Roger.

I'm pleased to report that I picked up my new KX-S from Lane Toyota (Melbourne) today with a FULL TANK of fuel despite a momentary 'identity crisis' for the car ;). Good to see that the city dealers also do the right thing.

Full credit to "BlindKidSeeks",

Cheers

Roger.

lol at the identity crisis.....

enjoy your car mate, and i'll have the correct "identity" out to you on tuesday.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up my 03 grande last week with half tank of fuel. I wasn't expecting a full tank, but was happy with what I got.

12years ago, I bought a 98 WRX brand new. It only had 5 litres of fuel and 0.5km on odo - That was the only way I would accept the car. Didn't want somebody else driving my prize and joy.

Regards,

DK

A friend bought a new Ford last week and after he filled it up worked out that the car had about 1 litre of fuel in it (put in 54 litres into a 55L capacity tank)

Very little after sales service in this case...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to this thread I asked for a full tank and got it written into the contract! Otherwise wouldn't have happened. The dealer did ask though if I wanted 6 mths or 12 mths rego....as they are the ones to pay for it he actually seemed surprised whan I said 12mths...go figure...

• 6 months later...

Got our new 2011 Kluger Grande yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised to get it with a full tank of fuel. Thanks and Kudos to Toyota Pennant Hills, Excellent Sales and Service as well. :clap:

Mrs Evil bought a brand new ZRE through Andrew ( Blind Kid Seeks ) at Lane Toyota Glen Waverly , by far the best dealer in Melbourne for service and customer care. Very pleased and can't wait to take delivery of the new girl!

Picked up the new Kluger yesterday and when driving off I was surprised to hear my wife say we only had 1/4 of a tank of fuel.

So the first drive included a trip to the service station to put in $60 worth of fuel.

I though that was a bit stingy, having just bought $50,000 worth of car.

Is it standard practice now to not get a full tank of fuel at delivery?

Just wait until your car gets recalled for a fatal engine fault and your treated like a f7cken idiot and are asked to accept a sub standard 50 cents rubber repair that is not good enough for the new vehicles in the Dealers lot :angry:

OH WHAT A FEELING ! Toyota!!!

I picked up my brand new Kluger KX-S about for weeks ago from the dealer and it had a full tank of petrol which I was surprised at. Put my Kluger in for a service and to have my nudge bar fitted last week and when I picked it up it had been washed, polished and fully detailed on the inside. Nice to see that good service is not a thing of the past!