[QLD] Farewell Cruise

Hi all

I have made the decision to relocate overseas, and as such, I would like to organise a last cruise as a tribute to the great country of Australia. I will miss my car, the magnificent roads, beautiful scenery and the friends I have made here in Australia for the last 7 years.

Note: I will be packing sandwiches and drinks, so if you are coming tell me so I know how much to bring

This cruise will be as follows:

WHEN: SUNDAY, 20 DECEMBER 2009

- Meet up at Mt Cootha Botanical Gardens car park at 8am for 8.30am SHARP departure

- Down Ipswich Road, turning off to Beaudesert Road

- Follow Mt Lindesay Highway

- Stop at the Shell servo along Mt Lindesay highway to top up fuel

- Near Innisplain, exit highway onto Innisplain Road

- Past Running Creek, onto Lions Road

- Just after the Border Gate, there is a scenic picnic area. We will rest here and have lunch.

- After that, continue down the fantastic Lions Road onto Summerland Way

- We will then decide whether to go back where we came from or go via Summerland Way - Mt Lindesay Highway back to Brisbane

The route is described in detail here: http://www.rallyspectating.com.au/wrc-driv...ert/kyogle.html

Yes, it's a long drive but it takes us along one of the best, if not the best driving route in Southeast QLD. This is how I would want to remember Australia by. Do come along if you want to experience a great day out, driving on some nice twisties and appreciating the scenery.

I thank all of you whom I have met personally here for your friendship.

My car has been put up for sale on Carsales.com.au with the kilometres of this cruise factored in. In essence, this is the last dance with the car. As such, I will be going on this cruise regardless of the turnout.

Thank you

Edited by Supercharged TRD

sh!t aye... i didnt even know this was on the cards man...

shame to see you go bro!

when do you actually leave? cause i cant make it this weekend due to family commitments... but we have to catch up before you leave...

come out this thursday if you can! :)

Hi guys

Thanks for the support, I'll be leaving in February 2010. It's for a whole variety of reasons, including family, work and environment. But as General MacArthur said, "I'll be back!" I'm not giving up my Australian residency status. I'll be there this Thursday night.

I'll be selling the car next week, but we should definetely catch up, probably during the New Year. It's ok if you guys are not free this weekend, we'll catch up soon.

It's more a farewell for my car than for me hehe!

Edited by Supercharged TRD

Hi guys

Thanks for the support, I'll be leaving in February 2010. It's for a whole variety of reasons, including family, work and environment. But as General MacArthur said, "I'll be back!" I'm not giving up my Australian residency status. I'll be there this Thursday night.

I'll be selling the car next week, but we should definetely catch up, probably during the New Year. It's ok if you guys are not free this weekend, we'll catch up soon.

It's more a farewell for my car than for me hehe!

I will try and make it along for the cruise... but i have a busy weekend planned...

are you going to be out Thursday?

1. Supercharged TRD

2. chicaboo :(

3. DJKOR :(

4. SupaTouring

I will probably meet you somewhere on Beaudesert Rd/Mt Lindsay Hwy around Browns Plains area if thats ok. Either the Shell at Callamvale or the BP just off the highway at Hillcrest.