Presara Interior

glm

Hi guys, I've just ordered an Aurion Presara MY10, will be delivered in early Feb. I liked the look of the exterior, the keyless entry n everything, but is it me or the interior do look a little bit wired? Is it possible or worth to change the steering wheel? I've never DIYed any car before, if it can't be done or cost too much i guess i will get use to the interior. >.< it wasn't too bad, just looks a bit wired...

PS i m thinking maybe i can use black tape to rap up the wood part of the steering wheel? ...

Edited by glm

I totally agrees, leather cover is definitely a lot better than black tape ... silly me. I m going to shop for one.

Other than the wooden part i think the color of the nav unit is too light too, can't they just paint it black >.<

I think everyone at Toyota design and engineering must work 9am - 5pm , because the way they have designed the lighting and illumination in the Aurion etc , you would think noone ever drove the cars after sunset.

i think the xenon lighting is ok, i've only saw it in day time thou, does anybody know what it's like at night? was it too weak? or too narrow?

n i m thinking to buy some thin black sticker sheet and cut some holes in it where the screen and the buttons are, maybe that would cover it.

Edited by glm

Let me get this straight...

You're about to spend FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS on a car, and you are considering wrapping the steering wheel in tape and bodging up some black contact to change the color of your head unit? :o

Kinda detracts from the fact its a $50k car, doesn't it? :g:

actually before i decide ordering the car, i liked the fancy features it offered, and i really liked the exterior look of the presara, but i'd prefer ZR6's interior, the dealer told me you can't get both >.< so i m thinking go with the exterior and c what i can do with the interior, it's majorly the color and the wooden part on the steering wheel.

also considering reselling, different color tape will protect the surface of the nav unit and at the same time make it a little more suitable in appearance for me i guess, if there's better way please help me, i am out of ideas, and i don't want to spend too much extra >.<

Edited by glm

Is it possible or worth to change the steering wheel?

It is quite possible to change the steering wheel on your own... that is if you can get a steering wheel. For the Presara, you can get steering wheels off eBay (though quite pricey in my opinion). They use the same steering wheel as the Gen 6 LE and XLE Camry in the States.

Example of such steering wheel would be this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOTA-Camr...sQ5fAccessories

Alternatively, if you can get your hands on a Sportivo steering wheel assembly (including airbag), then you can change to one of them.

Thanks a lot for the advise guys, i think i will just stick with leather cover and color stickers for now >.<

I don't know how to change parts (nooooob) >.<

And this was my 1st post, you guys are awesome, when i get my car if there's more questions posting here would be always 1st choice.

Cheers guys and thanks again

i said to myself before buying the presara that i would paint the woodgrain or get rid of it somehow but i learnt to live with it. hasnt grown on me but i dont mind it so much.

it is striking when u first see it but yeh u get used to it.

give it a few weeks before u do anything.

i also wanted to color code the chrome bits on the exterior.