Bluetooth and Aircon controls! Need help.

Silver-Aurion

Does my 2007 Prodigy have a bluetooth function? On the CD player screen with I look close, I can see the the letters "BT" and the bluetooth logo ghosted in. But I can't find anywhere how I can use it.

Checked the manual and still nothing!

Also, how do I turn on the aircon :blink:. I only know to turn it on by pressing Auto, and when I do, the thing turns on full blast with my last settings completely changed.

How do I simply turn it on, so my last settings are remembered? Its getting really annoying! :angry:

Does my 2007 Prodigy have a bluetooth function? On the CD player screen with I look close, I can see the the letters "BT" and the bluetooth logo ghosted in. But I can't find anywhere how I can use it.

No, the stock head unit (single or 6-disc changer) does NOT have Bluetooth unless it is optioned for the head unit (in which you will have controls on it for that). Yes you can see the Bluetooth logo on the LCD panel even when you don't have BT but this is because the LCD panel does not have to change between the BT and non-BT units.

Also, how do I turn on the aircon :blink:. I only know to turn it on by pressing Auto, and when I do, the thing turns on full blast with my last settings completely changed.

How do I simply turn it on, so my last settings are remembered? Its getting really annoying! :angry:

BT - Only if you equipped urself with that option.

Aircon - In my car, I use the turn up/down button for the airflow power.

Okay damn no bluetooth. Oh well, I have a blueant (new ones) and they are awesome but wouldn't have minded if the car had its own.

Well about the aircon, that didn't quit answer my question. Is the ONLY way to turn on the heater/aircon by pressing Auto? Because as soon as I do the thing turns up full blast with aircon on, how do I make it remember my last settings???

For example, I always have it head and feat, but everytime I hit off and then to turn it back on I have to press Auto which then resets all my settings back to the aircon being on and ONLY face being selected.

What if I don't want "auto" and just want a simple on off button that remembers my last settings?

Well about the aircon, that didn't quit answer my question. Is the ONLY way to turn on the heater/aircon by pressing Auto? Because as soon as I do the thing turns up full blast with aircon on, how do I make it remember my last settings???

Whether or not that answers your question depends on whether you have tried what VF-X was saying. Have you attempted to turn your climate control back on (after turning it off) by pressing either fan speed up or down?

How about the mode button beside it?

Yeah, when I press the fan up down button it overrides the auto function and auto turns off and I can set it to what ever I like. But its annoying that it won't remember my settings each time I turn it off and back on again. Basically, the "Auto" button is the "On" button.

Edit: This is completely irrelavant, but DJKOR I was looking at your pics of the car after its been washed, clayed and polished. I love it, today I washed my Aurion, wash and wax, then shammied it out, and went straight to wax. Which resulted in my paint feeling like fine sand paper :(. I should of used the claybar to get the rough out!

Edit again! Wow thanks a million guys, just went to the car and tried that out! I set my mode to feet and face, turned Dual off, then pressed the fan up button and it turned on!

I then turned the car off, and back on, and when I pressed the fan up button, it remembered all my settings. Excellent! This was really bugging me out today. Thanks heaps :-).

Love this car more and more.

Edited by unique

... Have you attempted to turn your climate control back on (after turning it off) by pressing either fan speed up or down?
Yeah, when I press the fan up down button it overrides the auto function and auto turns off and I can set it to what ever I like. But its annoying that it won't remember my settings each time I turn it off and back on again. Basically, the "Auto" button is the "On" button.

So to answer my question (since I don't have the climate control)... have you tried to turn your climate control off, then while it is off, press either fan speed up or down to see if it turns on to your last settings?

As per the manual, pressing Auto will automatically set the settings to the most suitable ones for the current conditions. Therefore any time you try to manually override it, it will be from the settings that the Auto control has set.

If in doubt, try turning it off then pressing each button besides 'AUTO' and the fresh air/recirculate button. If no other button turns it on then it looks like the Auto button is the only one to use, and if another button turns it on to your last settings, then you have answered your own question.

Edit: This is completely irrelavant, but DJKOR I was looking at your pics of the car after its been washed, clayed and polished. I love it, today I washed my Aurion, wash and wax, then shammied it out, and went straight to wax. Which resulted in my paint feeling like fine sand paper :(. I should of used the claybar to get the rough out!

Well I guess it's time to wash the wax off the car then, pick up a clay kit, and start from scratch. Weekend project for you.

Edit again! Wow thanks a million guys, just went to the car and tried that out! I set my mode to feet and face, turned Dual off, then pressed the fan up button and it turned on!

I then turned the car off, and back on, and when I pressed the fan up button, it remembered all my settings. Excellent! This was really bugging me out today.

So you are saying that all this time before asking, you didn't even bother pressing buttons and trying this out for yourself :lol: Could have easily answered your own question.

I then turned the car off, and back on, and when I pressed the fan up button, it remembered all my settings. Excellent! This was really bugging me out today.

So you are saying that all this time before asking, you didn't even bother pressing buttons and trying this out for yourself :lol: Could have easily answered your own question.

I know, sorry. I feel a bit dumb now. Yesterday it was cold in Melbourne and I had a mate in the car and going down to the city to pick up another friend. Windows kept getting foggy and the car got stuffy. Since I just got it two days ago, while driving on the freeway I had to keep fiddling around with the controls, trying to figure out what everything does and how it works like audible speed warning and cruise control etc.

And the aircon annoyed me the most because I pushed every button to get it to turn on but nothing did until I had to hit Auto. For some weird reason I never pressed the fan control buttons. Doh!

And having to get the turtle wax off is going to be a pain in the **** having to wash the car again. I spent 4 hours giving the car a full detail from leather seat treatment, to dash windows etc and spent heaps of time on the outside paint job and engine bay.

After giving it a good polish, the car felt gritty, and not very nice. Was not smooth at all. Since its a second hand, its been sitting outside at the lot for a while. I'll pick up a clay bar today if I got time after work and get at it on Sunday(again). :g:

Sorry for not being clear enough. I guess I'm not a precise and a good explainer like the others in the forum. Anw, glad u resolve ur issues thou. :)