importing kits from overseas

Hey fellas, im highly considering importing some type of lip kit for my ride from overseas and i was wondering to whoever has done this, if they could give me some words of advice or stories and what not regarding importing one from overseas

Cheers

Private

Contact juvenille, I know he has brought a front lip or two in. Th largest item I have brought in is a steering wheel and I had no problems with that

• 4 weeks later...
Hey fellas, im highly considering importing some type of lip kit for my ride from overseas and i was wondering to whoever has done this, if they could give me some words of advice or stories and what not regarding importing one from overseas

Cheers

Private

mate, ive imported bodykit for my aurion from indonesia just 2 months ago..

costs are:

AU$500 for the kits (painted)

US$500 to got it sent via air (took abt less than a week to arrive)

AU$110 for custom clearence

when i brought it to the panel shop here in wa to get it installed, the kit didnt fit the car straight away, apparently the shop in indo didnt do a good job and the panel shop had to do some modifications to the kit in order to fit to the car and it cost me another AU$600 for that. sooo...if u can get ur kit here in Oz i suggest dont get it from overseas. its a pain in the *****.

Cheers

Private

mate, ive imported bodykit for my aurion from indonesia just 2 months ago..

costs are:

AU$500 for the kits (painted)

US$500 to got it sent via air (took abt less than a week to arrive)

AU$110 for custom clearence

when i brought it to the panel shop here in wa to get it installed, the kit didnt fit the car straight away, apparently the shop in indo didnt do a good job and the panel shop had to do some modifications to the kit in order to fit to the car and it cost me another AU$600 for that. sooo...if u can get ur kit here in Oz i suggest dont get it from overseas. its a pain in the *****.

Wow... Some1 really got ripped off? LoL. It's Indo dude.. Why US$500 for air?

Well, back to topic. If u wanna get kit, dun paint it from the same place u source. It's a lot better to have the kit delivered here, and paint + fitted here. Paint and sent through to aussie might damage the colour, dent , etc. Better safe.

And I remember if the item is less than AUD 1,000 , the custom clearance is below $100 (Sydney), in some cases like DRE, 110 in perth. I delivered my rims to here, and it's way bigger and heavier than kits, cause I also got kits delivered here.

Cheers for both of your replies fellas. I really got my eyes set on this kit, im stubborn like that. The kit itself if i remember correctly is around 600 US plus 400 US shipping via ocean liner unpainted, unprimed. plus ill allow around an extra 1k to get it painted and installed here.