2010 Corolla Levin ZR (Facelifted)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the new owners. I received mine a couple of weeks ago and it's been great!

Will post new soon. Sorry Johnny, I think you asked for some interior pics, I've had trouble with my computer lately bit I will post some up soon.

Optional extra for Levin SX:

QUESTION:

Has anybody used an Ipod plugged to the factory stereo (via USB)? If so, which Ipod model can you use? Has anyone tried the latest 5th generation Ipod nano onto the factory stereo and worked?

The ZRE facelift comes with a new factory stereo, it comes with a large colour screen. I'm using the latest Ipod classic so I assume the Ipod nano should be fine, the controls via stereo for the ipod is a little confusing i.e the controls aren't linear or it could just be me...Initially I thought they threw in a Satnav but it wasn't.

Edit: I'm assuming the Levin SX will come with the same factory stereo as the Levin ZR

John

Edited by jtron

Congratulations to the new owners. I received mine a couple of weeks ago and it's been great!

Will post new soon. Sorry Johnny, I think you asked for some interior pics, I've had trouble with my computer lately bit I will post some up soon.

Optional extra for Levin SX:

QUESTION:

Has anybody used an Ipod plugged to the factory stereo (via USB)? If so, which Ipod model can you use? Has anyone tried the latest 5th generation Ipod nano onto the factory stereo and worked?

The ZRE facelift comes with a new factory stereo, it comes with a large colour screen. I'm using the latest Ipod classic so I assume the Ipod nano should be fine, the controls via stereo for the ipod is a little confusing i.e the controls aren't linear or it could just be me...Initially I thought they threw in a Satnav but it wasn't.

Edit: I'm assuming the Levin SX will come with the same factory stereo as the Levin ZR

John

Thanks John for the info on the Ipod. Look forward to the pics. =)

TO: johnnieboi. We are base in Sydney....

Wow, I just purchased exactly the same car!

2010 Levin ZR, manual, graphite. I paid $30,000 driveaway, with tint, floor mats, weather shields (the things that go on the windows), and boot liner.

Mine's exactly the same. Although I ended up with the paint protection as well, I must have gotten too excited when the sales person mentioned it. He forgot to mention that I had to stick with the car wash kit that they provide and come back for an inspection to keep the protection under warranty.

Wow, I just purchased exactly the same car!

2010 Levin ZR, manual, graphite. I paid $30,000 driveaway, with tint, floor mats, weather shields (the things that go on the windows), and boot liner.

Mine's exactly the same. Although I ended up with the paint protection as well, I must have gotten too excited when the sales person mentioned it. He forgot to mention that I had to stick with the car wash kit that they provide and come back for an inspection to keep the protection under warranty.

What brand paint protection did you get? I got x-pack which does not require inspection to maintain warranty??

What brand paint protection did you get? I got x-pack which does not require inspection to maintain warranty??

They gave me a PTFE sealant which would be the Teflon based product. Seems to work for now... a bird pooped on my car the other day, it dried up and it simply rubbed off with no marks.

Hi congrats on your purchase. Your price is pretty good, just $500 more expensive.

In regards to the paint protection, I do understand this but I took it as an insurance protection. I am sure you won't agree but it's just my personal view.

Hey, it's your money I'm not bothered how you spend it - as you noticed you got a slightly better price on the car, so I suppose you could rationalise it as "part of the package" :)

They claim there is a warranty on the paint, so if it does get marked from bird poop, tree sap etc they'll in theory detail it out for you - I have heard some horror stories about trying get actually get the warranty honoured though.

My suggestion would be to wax your car every 3-6 months anyway with a good quality canubra wax regardless of your protection package, and make sure you wash the car with a wax-friendly detergent (which they seem to give you with the package I gather?) every 2-4 weeks. That way you'll be doubly insured - and your car will look great! I have heard of some people who think they can get the paint package, then not wash their car for 3 years and expect it to be in perfect condition - just ain't gonna happen :rolleyes:

Hi congrats on your purchase. Your price is pretty good, just $500 more expensive.

In regards to the paint protection, I do understand this but I took it as an insurance protection. I am sure you won't agree but it's just my personal view.

Hey, it's your money I'm not bothered how you spend it - as you noticed you got a slightly better price on the car, so I suppose you could rationalise it as "part of the package" :)

They claim there is a warranty on the paint, so if it does get marked from bird poop, tree sap etc they'll in theory detail it out for you - I have heard some horror stories about trying get actually get the warranty honoured though.

My suggestion would be to wax your car every 3-6 months anyway with a good quality canubra wax regardless of your protection package, and make sure you wash the car with a wax-friendly detergent (which they seem to give you with the package I gather?) every 2-4 weeks. That way you'll be doubly insured - and your car will look great! I have heard of some people who think they can get the paint package, then not wash their car for 3 years and expect it to be in perfect condition - just ain't gonna happen :rolleyes:

thanks a lot for the advice. Much appreciated. Any suggestion on wax-friendly car wash product?

Here's a link to a few pics I've taken. Sorry I just realized I haven't taken any great interior pics with the seats...

http://img5.imageshack.us/g/img0393hx.jpg/

Hope you guys get yours soon!

How much did the rta sting you for the number plates? I have just purchased a new corolla-( graphite with raptors and airbag, tint, and cruise pak) and dont want the fugly looking yellow plates but got a shock when told there is an annual fee for the plates. i looked on the nsw rta site but they say the fee was 130 bucks. was this what you paid? when i bought my ford 4 years ago it cost us between $40-$60 from memory.

thanks a lot for the advice. Much appreciated. Any suggestion on wax-friendly car wash product?

Personally I use this stuff: http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/...rate/default-33

It's quite reasonably priced and works very well, lasts forever because you only need about 2 capfuls for a whole bucket, and smells like cherries to boot :)

The other big tip (which you may know already) is to use the 2-bucket method of washing. This just means having two buckets, one with car wash shampoo in it, and the other just having plain water. When washing, dip your wash-mitt/sponge in the shampoo, then use it to wash the dirt off, then after doing a panel, rinse the mitt in the plain water bucket. This rinses the dirt and grime into the "dirty" bucket, and stops it getting back into the "clean" bucket where it will end up going back onto the car and leave micro-scratches in the paint work.

Personally I use this stuff: http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/...rate/default-33

It's quite reasonably priced and works very well, lasts forever because you only need about 2 capfuls for a whole bucket, and smells like cherries to boot :)

The other big tip (which you may know already) is to use the 2-bucket method of washing. This just means having two buckets, one with car wash shampoo in it, and the other just having plain water. When washing, dip your wash-mitt/sponge in the shampoo, then use it to wash the dirt off, then after doing a panel, rinse the mitt in the plain water bucket. This rinses the dirt and grime into the "dirty" bucket, and stops it getting back into the "clean" bucket where it will end up going back onto the car and leave micro-scratches in the paint work.

Thanks mate... I will check it out... Thanks a lot for the tips

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all,

Also a newbie on here and have ordered a 2010 Levin ZR in silver pearl. I ordered it back in November and should be getting it first or second week of March so I cant wait!.

I got mine from Brighton Toyota (VIC) for a pretty good price.

I payed $32,200 for

auto

silver pearl

sunroof

weathershields

bonnet protector

As soon as i get the car I will be tinting the windows somewhere (as Toyota wanted $500), getting it lowered and hopefully putting different wheels on it as I dont like the new ones. I heard Bob Jane do swap overs with a bit of money on top so im planning on getting the raptor wheels that Toyota sell.

I'll post up pics as soon as I've got it if anyones interested. :)

Hey all,

Also a newbie on here and have ordered a 2010 Levin ZR in silver pearl. I ordered it back in November and should be getting it first or second week of March so I cant wait!.

I got mine from Brighton Toyota (VIC) for a pretty good price.

I payed $32,200 for

auto

silver pearl

sunroof

weathershields

bonnet protector

As soon as i get the car I will be tinting the windows somewhere (as Toyota wanted $500), getting it lowered and hopefully putting different wheels on it as I dont like the new ones. I heard Bob Jane do swap overs with a bit of money on top so im planning on getting the raptor wheels that Toyota sell.

I'll post up pics as soon as I've got it if anyones interested. :)

Hey there... congrats on your purchase,

go for the Kappa wheels... they suit the new ZRE facelift so well!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok everyone, so here is my long awaited Levin ZR!!! Just picked her up this morning so I haven't had a chance to take great pictures. My boyfriend just got a new Corolla a few weeks ago so we will probably go and take some photos of them together tonight and I will post them up when their done. Heres two pics so far from today. (sorry im not the best photo taker)

P1000043.jpg

P1000044.jpg

P1000054.jpg

P1000064.jpg

Edited by Blondey

Ok everyone, so here is my long awaited Levin ZR!!! Just picked her up this morning so I haven't had a chance to take great pictures. My boyfriend just got a new Corolla a few weeks ago so we will probably go and take some photos of them together tonight and I will post them up when their done. Heres two pics so far from today. (sorry im not the best photo taker)

P1000043.jpg

P1000044.jpg

looking good! it's very slowly growing on me, i guess i'll grow into it eventually

I might have a look at them, have you got any pictures of the wheels? Anything other than the standard zr wheels will be good!

shame your not in Syd.. $700 like new

75578.jpg

ZR17K007.jpg

ZR17K004.jpg

hmmm, now that i see them i might put em back on, but anyway they do suit ZRE's i must say

Nice one :)

Still another 4-6 weeks or so till mine gets here :(

Those Kappa wheels do look good, but I actually think the stock alloys look pretty good too - I'm not going to bother changing mine.

Edited by danja