COLD AIR INTAKE

The Injen system looks like its stainless steel? It would be better to use aluminium since its lighter and it disipates heat far quicker. Same for intercooler piping. But looks cool though and looks similar to the AEM system.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Injen system looks like its stainless steel?  It would be better to use aluminium since its lighter and it disipates heat far quicker.  Same for intercooler piping.  But looks cool though and looks similar to the AEM system.

Its actually an aluminum alloy...

The Injen system looks like its stainless steel?  It would be better to use aluminium since its lighter and it disipates heat far quicker.  Same for intercooler piping.  But looks cool though and looks similar to the AEM system.

More news on the Injen im interested in...

Its a two part pipe. Aren't CAI's more effective as a 1 part pipe? What CAI comes in one pipe assembly?

More news on the Injen im interested in...

Its a two part pipe. Aren't CAI's more effective as a 1 part pipe? What CAI comes in one pipe assembly?

this matter still has to be proven which piping is better than the other.

Wed i'll have simota piping and k&n extreme fitted. soon after i'll dyno.

i'm sure someone has a simota piping with simota filter.

if we could get everyone dynoing what they have we could probably determine somehow. but just depends what else is modded on the car. it might be hard.

I'd need commitment from people for that, can't organise it for 15 people and only have two show up which seems to happen alot.

clearly i'm always going to miss out on meets.... i live in Cairns QLD someone organise a cruise up here.... :P

danz- yes the battle of intakes. i mean everyone is going to have preferrence whether it be true or not. what you have installed your going to go buy because noone really has the money to switch intakes. for those who do please keep us posted. i mean any CAI that is half decent is going to have its gains. Whether it be 1kw difference to the other we're not going to know. Unless it gets tested.

yes i would b interested in seeing the difference between the systems..... although u wont get a clear idea unless u put the CAI systems on the same car as base line dyno from car to car will vary

I think its too much trouble and too many variables affect results. i think they all do the same job so long as the pod is at a sensible location (not sucking hot air) and the piping is smooth (less turbulence) and 3inches in diameter.