car stereos....

Hey Skitzo Sprays your kit lol looks like you ripped it off a grey sportivo an stuck it on ... LoL  :P  get its sprayed the same colour dude it just doesnt look rite ... 

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...&CODE=12&CID=40

I actually like the kit on Skitzo's car, it's unique no matter what you say... I was actually interested in getting mine done similar in Aztec Gold (same as the '01 stivo) with some 2 tone rims (gold/silver) so the silver badges don't look out of place and some gold mesh on the grille and front air damn...

Deathzone...

i'm sure you know this but its not how the system performs its all about placement of equipment specially the subs. you can have a 150db system which i had in my old ae92 rolla, but for some reason i can only get 145.1db on my new rolla, and using top end gear. go figure.

but nice setup man. and if you like SQ and personally so do i, your set up is nice. ID goes off!

A mere 151dB at the moment... Getting new subs soon and gunna beat it :D  :D  :D ...

nice rolla boy, what does your system consist of?

something like that you'd have to be running 0 gauge wiring.

and your amp would have to be pumping well over 1000rms to feed subs to kick that hard?

what ohm'g do you run? and is it a bridged system?

I'm not gunna say every detail for obvious reasons... Parts list is in my garage, yes, it's running over 1000WRMS and yes, bridged...

ROlla boy...

a tip if you choose to take it. we found on your model corolla by actually sitting the subs slightly over the back seat while folded down we picked up an extra 2db.

done anything to your engine? me mates ae92 sx had a 3sgte transplant and now pulling 300kwafw believe it or not.

i like ur model rolla as i used to own one. really nice car to play with.

Blue Rolla -

i haven't tested mine recently but late last year when i installed my rockford 500x with the 2 12' strike series lightning's i pulled 145.1 db at half gain having the box sitting on the back seats while they've been pulled down. i found by moving the box slightly over the black seat i gained 2db  :P if you have a portable setup trying moving the sub around it all comes down to how your sound reverbs off the back of the hatch and how much actually bounces back into the front. always face subs towards the back for better db. i haven't tried full gain on mine and i don't think i will.... as it is half gain it smashes you. everyday driving i have it at 1/4 gain. its enough to knock someone's socks off.

i heard a story that someone actually gained 3db by putting a fluffy dice on their rear vision mirror. scientifically made sense. it broke the sound direction and shifted it towards where the mic was sitting. funnily he got the record.

what set up do you have?

well... nothing special... two 12 inch kicker comp subs, a 1000watt kenwood amp, and thats about it.... except for custom boxes which are my secret weapon... :P

i also 2 sets of 6" pioneer speakers for the rear and front, and a small amp for them, but the standard ones are doing ok at the moment....

i am beginning to be bored by the whole sound off scene, that and i am sick of overpowering subs and being a treble rebel till i save up for more... <_< infact i hardly ever listen to my sound system up loud anymore, mainly cos my boyfriend complains that it hurts his ears....

:rolleyes:

well jade if your getting 143db from yours id have to be the same possibly more.

im running 2x12" MTX subs off a JVC 560watt amp both in a box normally used for 10" subs.

i pair of 220watt 6 1/2" pioneer 4 ways in the back doors

i pair of 200watt 6 1/2" boss splits in the front

and a 4 channel 1000watt boss amp for all the speakers

so id have to be putting out similar db if not more. do ya know where ya can go to be tested without entering a comp?

because im intested to know what dbs ive got but not interested in comps

well jade if your getting 143db from yours id have to be the same possibly more.

im running 2x12" MTX subs off a JVC 560watt amp both in a box normally used for 10" subs.

i pair of 220watt 6 1/2" pioneer 4 ways in the back doors

i pair of 200watt 6 1/2" boss splits in the front

and a 4 channel 1000watt boss amp for all the speakers

so id have to be putting out similar db if not more. do ya know where ya can go to be tested without entering a comp?

because im intested to know what dbs ive got but not interested in comps

eddy,

your system sounds similar but doesn't always mean the same db. for eg. the boxes ur subs are in if their designed for 10's then you'll find your losing dbs there. as for testing your system your local autobarn store should be able to hook you up with that or any decent audio shops, without entering a comp. get a few mates to do it and they'll probably only charge you 10$ each.

Headunit - Alpine CDA-9831

Components - Alpine SPR-176A (for front)

6" - Soundstream somethings(for rear)

Amp - Alpine MRV-F340

12" Sub - Alpine SWS-1241

Goes pretty well, dunno what the dB rating is though.

What bracket did you guys use for the headunit? The supposedly best car audio company in NZ did my install (had a shthouse experience with them) and the bracket doesnt look clean at all.

I'll try get a picture up.